Welcome to AC Web.
Page 1 of 90 1231151 ... LastLast

Exclamation Making your Ascent server public.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Well the last tutorial was messy so i decided to make a new one. This tutorial will show you how to make your Ascent server public so that other people can play on it.

Step One

The first thing you need to do is make a DNS for your server. This will hide your server's IP address in a sub domain, for example, if my server's IP address was 32.453.65.56, I could make a DNS so that my server could be accessed through jargswow.exampledomain.com. You can skip this step if you want but it is not recommended, if you decide to skip it, your server will be located at your IP address.

Go to DynDNS and create an account. Then go here and choose a host name (this will be the address people use to get to your server) and click “Use auto detected IP address” in the IP address section, then click create host.

Step Two

In this step we will forward the ports that Ascent uses so that it can be accessed from outside your local network. This step is only necessary if you have a router, if you don’t have one, skip this step.

If you do not know how to forward ports, go to this page and find your router, it will tell you there.

You need to forward these ports:

3727 (this is for voice chat, it is optional)
    80 (this is for apache/your website)

On TCP.

Step Three

In this step we will setup our realms configuration which is the final step needed to make our server public.

Now to setup your realms configuration. Go to your Ascent folder and open realms.conf with notepad. Scroll down to the bottom, this is the important bit:

Code:
    <Realm1 Name = "Jargs mega awesome wow server which is really good"
            Address = "345.234.234.677:8129"
            Icon = "Normal"
            Colour = "1"
            Population = "1.0"
            TimeZone = "1">
    Just put your IP in followed by :8129 like above in the address section.

Final Notes

Your server is now public, make sure your server is actually running so people can get on it! Also disable any firewalls you have on otherwise it will not work. For people to access the server they need to change their realmlists to your server address which you made at DynDNS. This is also the address that they need to use in order to get on the server website. If you're connecting locally your realmlist should be 127.0.0.1

Is this so easy?[IMG]C:\Users\Snalle\Pictures[/IMG]
    Last edited by snalle; 12-27-2007 at 11:21 PM.

Pretty nice hope it works

yea umm

It don't work

What do you mean it don't work... You must be an idiot to do those steps wrong.

Well , Its public but site doesnt work

and what about changing logon adress?
    Last edited by progame64; 12-28-2007 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

No you don't need to do that...what's your msn?

i dont have msn I have aim.

So, you tell me that you don't have what i asked, then you tell me you use an alternative without telling me what it is? Forget it, i was going to remote assist you but if you are not capable of simple tasks, what's the point?

I said
    I use AIM

but.. I can get msn

its [email protected]
    Last edited by progame64; 12-28-2007 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i know that you said you use AIM... you didn't post your name...

look at this pic

im demoncake2 on aim xD

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    when you go to realm config should i put my real ip or the website i got from dyndns.com or w/e

and also should i change 127.0.0.1 wich was there before i put my ip???? Ever since i changed I cant log in so that could be good or bad.
    Last edited by cooperlsxl; 12-28-2007 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost