Welcome to AC Web.
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: DP/VP vendor?

  1. #1

    DP/VP vendor?

    Can someone point me in the direction of a thread to explain how to convert an int value in the accounts table into an extended currency? Like VP, DP or Points.
    Last edited by wrathclassic; 08-05-2022 at 02:23 AM.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by wrathclassic View Post
    Can someone point me in the direction of a thread to explain how to convert an int value in the accounts table into an extended currency? Like VP, DP or Points.
    This ones a bit complicated since VP and DP values can change without core assistance (aka buying DP through the website/voting). To do this properly you'll need a hook on buy event and on vote event through your website. There's probably a callback somewhere on whatever CMS your using that you can work into your core. You'll also want to load values in on core startup and on buy event ingame from a vendor.

    The amount of ExtendedCurrency you'll have will be set through a few basic lines of code.

    With the On buy event from the vendor, you'll want to remove VP/DP from the player through some method you'll be making via a mod in Player.cpp

    (You could also pull dp/vp values constantly every couple seconds from db, but seems like resource wasting)

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSolid View Post
    This ones a bit complicated since VP and DP values can change without core assistance (aka buying DP through the website/voting). To do this properly you'll need a hook on buy event and on vote event through your website. There's probably a callback somewhere on whatever CMS your using that you can work into your core. You'll also want to load values in on core startup and on buy event ingame from a vendor.

    The amount of ExtendedCurrency you'll have will be set through a few basic lines of code.

    With the On buy event from the vendor, you'll want to remove VP/DP from the player through some method you'll be making via a mod in Player.cpp

    (You could also pull dp/vp values constantly every couple seconds from db, but seems like resource wasting)
    Yeah, no. I don't think this guy can make this. Never heard of people making such things, doubt he will be able

  4. #4
    The CMS I made myself, I dont need a voting hook, my players gain VP (which is called points in my accounts table) in game using a points module. How would I make this convert to an extended currency?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by wrathclassic View Post
    The CMS I made myself, I dont need a voting hook, my players gain VP (which is called points in my accounts table) in game using a points module. How would I make this convert to an extended currency?
    Yeah, still don't believe you. You made a whole "CMS" and yet don't know how to create an Extended Cost (PS ItemExtendedCost.dbc https://trinitycore.atlassian.net/wi...emExtendedCost )

  6. #6
    Eye of Providence

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    One of Veins & Cillez Sibling
    Posts
    12,012
    @wrathclassic

    Please stop with the public accusations. If you have to report something, please do so with private messaging me or Khonsu including any proof you have regarding it's issue.
    Last warning for you. Please, watch your language. We are not tolerating any kind of harassment or bad language towards other members of this forum.

    The next incident of this kind will result in a 24-hour ban.
    Last edited by Splicho; 08-08-2022 at 09:35 PM.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •