Welcome to AC Web.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Rank Requirement Changes

Hello,

We have recently decided to change the rank requirements from a reputation based requirement to a post count requirement to make ranks more obtainable for the amount of activity, and the new requirements are as followed:

Veteran
    • Days Registered: 30

Senior

Power User
    • Days Registered: 60

Super Power User
    • Days Registered: 90

Anyone care to share their opinion?

Didn't they require reputation before? I think they should be kept that way.

--
    also, shouldn't I be a power user according to the new changes?

Quote Originally Posted by titkata_bg View Post
    Didn't they require reputation before?
    Yes, thatís correct.

also, shouldn't I be a power user according to the new changes?
    Yes, the system runs a task every hour to promote users. So you should be promoted within the next hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Horus View Post
    Yes, thatís correct.
    Considering the forum's population these days, the changes seem fair, but I'd still implement some rep requirements at least for the last rank.

Eye of Providence

Considering the forum's population these days, the changes seem fair, but I'd still implement some rep requirements at least for the last rank.
    Well, there are barely any new shares.. It would take forever for people to climb the ladder. Plus, a share doesn't mean a user gets reputation.

Web/SQL Dev & 3D Artist

I like the new changes. No one ever gives any rep anymore. Its almost impossible to get rep and you're not allowed to ask for it (Or you may be now when there is a new owner) but yeah... I think it's a good change

Hello,

We have recently decided to change the rank requirements from a reputation based requirement to a post count requirement to make ranks more obtainable for the amount of activity, and the new requirements are as followed:

Veteran

Senior

Power User
    • Days Registered: 60

Super Power User

Anyone care to share their opinion?
    I'm all up for that.
    Reps are rarely given these days.

Hard to climb the ladder as someone else said.

www.EpicHosts.co.uk

Super Power User
    That means I should be a Super Power User. Not that I really care - but it doesn't seem to be working

EDIT: I also think the permissions may be broken because I noticed that there is a 'Power Users Section' on the bottom of the forum, but when you click on it, it isn't showing any threads. Although you can see the last posted thread on the right-hand side of the forum itself, but when you click on it, it shows an invalid thread error.
    Last edited by Terrum; 06-18-2022 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tok124 View Post
    I like the new changes. No one ever gives any rep anymore. Its almost impossible to get rep and you're not allowed to ask for it (Or you may be now when there is a new owner) but yeah... I think it's a good change
    That's is the reason behind changing the requirements, because it was virtually impossible for anyone else to obtain any higher ranks based off reputation. In the last 6 months only 40 members gave rep for various reasons. So we felt it was better to change it to a post requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVision View Post
    I'm all up for that.
    Reps are rarely given these days.

Hard to climb the ladder as someone else said.
    Yeah, it was basically impossible due to the amount of activity currently and the amount of reputation actually being given out compared to some years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrum View Post
    That means I should be a Super Power User. Not that I really care - but it doesn't seem to be working
    Not sure what happened, since it was setup correctly. I just reran the upgrade task manually and it fixed the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrum View Post
    EDIT: I also think the permissions may be broken because I noticed that there is a 'Power Users Section' on the bottom of the forum, but when you click on it, it isn't showing any threads. Although you can see the last posted thread on the right-hand side of the forum itself, but when you click on it, it shows an invalid thread error.
    I did notice that, but it just slipped my mind. I'm currently looking into it right now, thank you for bringing it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Splicho View Post
    Plus, a share doesn't mean a user gets reputation.
    This. Reputation wasn't really being awarded to those who should've gotten it.

We have thought about possibly adding a plugin that would require people to give a "like" or even reputation in order to get the download link, to help better reward members who are kind enough to release content.

Eye of Providence

We have thought about possibly adding a plugin that would require people to give a "like" or even reputation in order to get the download link, to help better reward members who are kind enough to release content.
    Yeah. Please add a reaction system, would like to see it

Slicer Kebab

YES

we need this

http://YugoWoW.com/

Even though i got Super Power User still think this isn't the correct System i might add this as a suggestion :

Veteran
    Days Registered: 30

Senior
    Days Registered: 30

Power User
    Days Registered: 60

Super Power User
    Days Registered: 90

I think that'd be much better

But, i still think you did a good job with this, as people will be posting and even sharing more things just to discuss about it to get the rank SMART MOVE i like it.
    Last edited by JadaDev; 06-19-2022 at 01:48 AM.

Web/SQL Dev & 3D Artist

In one way i see this as a great solution. More people would be interested to release and more reputation will be given out. The only downside i see to it is that reputation should not only be given to those who release stuff. It should also be given to those who post solutions to those who asks for help in support section. And it should be given when someone posts like a GFX Design showoff. And for many other reasons. Not only for releasing stuff. Therefore, i prefer to keep it as it is now so the rank is based on post count.