Welcome to AC Web.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ok check this dumb shit out.

I went back into EVERY MPQ in data and enUS and removed the line i wanted edited. THAN I left my new patch alone with the updated line in it. and it worked fine. Everything worked. I am so confused.... So I need my launcher to update every MPQ file in the users client to get patch updates to work.... What sense does this even make?

Some changes work fine, some just do not work at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tok124 View Post
    That wouldn't be a good idea because there are some displayid's in item.dbc that does not have an item in item_template because its used by npc's so if you generate a new item.dbc from item_template some npcs will most likely either lose their weapon or have this blue/white checker box in the hand instead of a weapon, instead you can open the default MPQ Patches and grab the item.dbc from these MPQ Files and you have a fresh item.dbc
    That's how I've always been taught to create Item.dbc for custom items. Haven't encountered any issues yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSolid View Post
    That's how I've always been taught to create Item.dbc for custom items. Haven't encountered any issues yet.
    That's totally incorrect. The thing tok124 said is 100% absolutely right. You can use this program I did back in 2018. https://www.ac-web.org/forums/showth...reator-(3-3-5)
    It uses default Item.dbc (3.3.5) and adds every item with EntryID >= 60000

So if your custom items' ids are under 60000 it won't work, but I'll recode it if somebody needs it in the distant future

interesting.... I will tinker with that but I dont understand what it does.
    So this properly creates items in DB and DBC so they show and function correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by wrathclassic View Post
    interesting.... I will tinker with that but I dont understand what it does.
    So this properly creates items in DB and DBC so they show and function correctly?
    https://trinitycore.atlassian.net/wi...s/2130234/Item

I suggest you read how the game works, first, then try to do custom changes.
    The tool I linked only gets the items from DB (Database) and converts them to Item.dbc (DBC = DataBaseClient or the database for the client). Item.dbc is mainly used in the client (tho you need it in the server otherwise it would not register the custom items' sheath, material, etc). So essentially what's the process.

1. You create your custom item in `item_template`.
    2. You use a converter (or do it by hand which is nonsense but still) to convert your new item from the db (`item_template`) to a standardized `Item.dbc` format.
    3. Copy the new made Item.dbc to server_root/dbc (or wherever the server's dbc files are)
    4. Copy the new made Item.dbc to your custom Patch-X.MPQ. (It should be located inside a folder named `DBFilesClient`)