Welcome to AC Web.

Post [LF] People -> New Project (Perma Death, 3.3.5)

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Hello you,
    I am looking for people interested in creating another WotLK Server in 2021, yes I do know it's late.
    But first off a disclaimer, I cannot offer any payment out of my own pocket as I am a student (22yrs old) and have no income.
    I am looking for like minded and passionate 3.3.5 lovers like I am.

The idea of the project is the following:
    Progressive (Vanilla -> TBC -> WotLK, but all done in WotLK expansion)
    Permanent Character Death, once you tapped "Release Spirit" your character is locked and unplayable.
    Means and mechanics to avoid mentioned permanent death, e.g. since you can still wait 6 minutes until your spirit is released, someone can ressurrect you.
    Then additionally some changes to the gameplay, zones, some slight item changes, maybe some small custom item additions,
    events and most importantly a great bit of fun.

Who am I? René, 22 years old and a student. I've been working on 3.3.5 on my own and helped out other projects for about 8 years now and at this point I can handle the TC API and know my way around everything that requires to run a 3.3.5 server. Let it be acquiring a host, managing the website, scripting or simply adding custom content through DBC files and retroporting.

Most of us know it's difficult trying to run a server on your own or building up one from scratch, so I'm humbly asking for help.

What kind of people am I looking for? Simple
    - Anyone who's interested in the project's idea

Doesn't matter if you aren't an incredible C++ Developer or the most organized Server/SQL/DBC Manager. Anyone who's interested in this project is welcome to hit me up.

Cheers
    René#6788 on Discord

- - - Updated - - -

Now created a Discord Server for anyone who's interested in checking out what's behind the project or simply following the progress.

https://discord.gg/sN6mqggUZf
    Last edited by Project2k14; 12-17-2021 at 02:01 PM.

Bump, still looking for people. Additionally two major features that have been implemented so far:
    - Room Renting System
    - Justice System (good and evil)

For more information, join the discord!

Looks very good, I am excited to see your project progress.
    Despite no payment for the work you'd put in, I personally find this project more attractive than any other on here. It seems like a very solid idea, and it fits very well into the current Season of Mastery narrative that the player base is taking.
    But from a Private Server perspective, where you can create the environment instead of using tools such as addons to track people.

I wish you the grandest of luck on your endeavor to find like-minded people.

Thank you very much, I appreciate that.

Looking for staff also seems like a dev shortage

Like I mentioned I look for everything and everyone who's interested. Got some help but I can manage 90% of my own but it's just a lot to do

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Hello, I hope all of you had happy holidays. Still looking for people interested in the project, check out the discord!