Welcome to AC Web.

Question Blizzlike Mobs' spells timing

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Hello guys. I've been trying recently to make a blizzlike smart scripts of the npc Hogger (entry: 448). I know the spells he uses from wowhead but the only issue that's facing my right now is that i can't know how frequent he uses these spells. For instance, he uses a spell called "Summon Minions" but i don't know when exactly he uses it. Is there any way to know the blizzlike duration/timing of each mob abilities?

Thank you for reading. Looking forward to any useful comments.

Quote Originally Posted by sunwer View Post
    Hello guys. I've been trying recently to make a blizzlike smart scripts of the npc Hogger (entry: 448). I know the spells he uses from wowhead but the only issue that's facing my right now is that i can't know how frequent he uses these spells. For instance, he uses a spell called "Summon Minions" but i don't know when exactly he uses it. Is there any way to know the blizzlike duration/timing of each mob abilities?

Thank you for reading. Looking forward to any useful comments.
    I'm guessing you are thinking of the Cataclysm version, considering you mentioned that he summons minions. And he only does that on the Cataclysm version.

There are ways to acquire the proper data, preferably through sniffing... but i'm lazy. I usually just check Youtube or some other source that has the information and simply put replicate to the best of my ability.

Not the best video, but its recorded from the same year Cataclysm released. Thus it could be considered a rather reliable source

Best of luck on replicating!

and mostly, have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by OMGhixD View Post
    I'm guessing you are thinking of the Cataclysm version, considering you mentioned that he summons minions. And he only does that on the Cataclysm version.

There are ways to acquire the proper data, preferably through sniffing... but i'm lazy. I usually just check Youtube or some other source that has the information and simply put replicate to the best of my ability.

Not the best video, but its recorded from the same year Cataclysm released. Thus it could be considered a rather reliable source

and mostly, have fun!

It would be a little difficult to replicate the exact blizzlike behavior from videos as most of them either use their pets to tank or kite the boss until it's over.

However, Thank you so much for replying!

There is a tool used by big private servers which can generate timings for spells. Sadly, it's private thing.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by IWillNeverStop View Post
    There is a tool used by big private servers which can generate timings for spells. Sadly, it's private thing.
    That's really unfortunate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OMGhixD View Post

and mostly, have fun!
    I've got the sniffing data for the quest. May i know how can i open it? the applications i use like Cisco Packet Tracer gives me an error each time trying to open the .pkt extension file.