Welcome to AC Web.

Question Looking for NPCBots help please.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Hi all, im looking for NPCBot help. I hope this in the correct section as im new here...

Im using TrinityCore 3.3.5 & NPCBots but cant find a way to make a bot attack a target, no command? Also, if a mob attacks me they dont react and attack the mob, is there a setting somewhere?

If I attack something, then they will jump in and assist, but I want to play healer and direct the bots. Im playing a Priest, with a Warrior "Tank & DPS" and a Rogue "DPS".

ive been through the manual (Trinity-Bots#npcbot-control-and-usage) so many times. I understand about marking targets with the Icons.

I have a hotkey for putting an icon on first targets (tank) and an icon on second targets (dps) but nothing happens, I was expecting them to start fighting?

Ive gone through the "worldserver.conf" and found the area for bots and configs, but all there is, is a choice of what "icon" to use, priorities and nothing much else.

Ive also tried to find anything about "aggro" "aggressiveness" "defensive" "assist" and many others to try to find where I set bots to protect me when im hit by a mob.

But I cant find anything close to helping. That manual is extremely specific and doesnt elaborate on some simple but important things, its a shame.

The reason im asking is I have an EQEMU Everquest bots server and .bot attack is a command to get your bots to attack, this is what I cant work out here for NPCBots.

Thanks again for any help,
    Regards,
    Thorium

Have you made any additional changes to the source?
    What is the NPCBot follow distance?

No nothing, I downloaded the TrinityCore with NPCBots incorporated into it.

Didnt touch the follow distance, I think its 20 by default.

Please open an issue here: https://github.com/trickerer/Trinity-Bots/issues

No need to duplicate the info you put up here. What I want you to include though is:

1) level, race and class info, as well as what mobs you're tested it on
    2) result of '.list aura' command on you and bot (before you buff them)
    3) result of '.npc info' on your bot
    4) result of '/bonk' on your bot (bottom, the summary)
    5) repository revision you are using

This is some funky business and I'll need as much info as you can provide to find a reason why this basic thing works for everyone but not for you

Quote Originally Posted by trickerer View Post
    No need to duplicate the info you put up here. What I want you to include though is:

1) level, race and class info, as well as what mobs you're tested it on
    2) result of '.list aura' command on you and bot (before you buff them)
    3) result of '.npc info' on your bot
    4) result of '/bonk' on your bot (bottom, the summary)
    5) repository revision you are using

This is some funky business and I'll need as much info as you can provide to find a reason why this basic thing works for everyone but not for you
    Ok ive tried to use the .list aura and .npc info commands but neither work, just comes up with a list of commands that are allowed.

I think theres a problem with this repack as none of the normal commands work and as I stated, I cant make them attack and they dont defend me when im hit.

I downloaded the TC3.3.5 & NPCBots in one easy file from emucoach site and its stated "This repack is TrinityCore revision: 68a4085427a8 using latest NPCBot update by Trickerer"

Not sure where to go from here, maybe try to track down another "all in one, unzip and run" Tc3.3.5 & NPCBots repack.

If I was a bit more computer savvy it would be easier, but im not, sorry...

Again, thanks for any ideas,
    Thorium

Oh well, I cant even post anything.

Seems everything I post is deleted before its readable?

Guess help isnt coming after all.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorium View Post
    Oh well, I cant even post anything.

Seems everything I post is deleted before its readable?

Guess help isnt coming after all.
    Your post should be visible now. Somehow it got detected as spam which resulted in deletion of the post.
    Probably it happened cause you wasn't a "Member" at the time you tried to post it.