Welcome to AC Web.

Best Hosting for WordPress ?

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    I run about 8 WordPress sites. Some are more complex than others (1 is moderately intensive). I would like to host all my sites on the same platform, rather than have 1 here, 1 there, etc. I can spend up to $40 a month on hosting. So a few questions:

1) Are there any "premium" shared/cloud hosting platforms out there (I know that sounds like an oxymoron, but some shared hosts are better than others).
    2) Should I look at Managed WordPress solutions? Any recommendations?

I am looking to upgrade to something more WordPress friendly. I pre-paid for a year and it runs out in January so I have several months to find a new host or renew (currently paying about 26/month).

Thanks!

Beyond finding which web hosts are out there, it's a matter of digging through different plans, comparing inclusions, and checking customer reviews.

I can advise you to compare all web hosting services, as it is a top priority for your new web host business to be well-provided with all necessary tools.

Taking into account your needs, can recommend you to consider Netshop-isp.com.cy website hosting deals.
    Cool server locations: Cyprus, Malta, UK, Netherlands, Los Angeles, Singapore, Hong Kong.

It has nice reliability, easy to use control panel and excellent customer support.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    Taking into account your needs, can recommend you to consider Netshop-isp.com.cy website hosting deals.
    Cool server locations: Cyprus, Malta, UK, Netherlands, Los Angeles, Singapore, Hong Kong.

It has nice reliability, easy to use control panel and excellent customer support.
    Are there limitations to the types of software that you can run or install?

Try to gather as many reviews about its web hosting services (both positive and negative) and serve these as basis in choosing web host providers.

I've switched hosting providers a dozen times, there's nothing wrong with that, so long as you find a host that you like thats whats important, not what anyone else thinks.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    I can also recommend QHoster.com hosting. The support is fine, they have always answered my questions in a timely manner. So far I have been very pleased. I have not noticed any downtime or slow browsing speed. Some of my sites are Drupal, so database speed is important.