Welcome to AC Web.

Question [Help Request] Quest will not reward Talent Points?

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Hello Ac-Web community,

I am working on a instant 80 fun server, and have a quest that rewards the player with Talent Points when completed.
    The quest line is very simple and to the point, works fine and even tells you in text: Rewarded with (X Amount) of talent points.
    Although following that, there is no talents added.

Question: How do I allow for around 200-250 talent points at level 80? I want them to be rewarded through grinding quest, rather than instantly given.

Fix idea: I thought maybe setting my level down to 70 would work, this still left me sitting at only 61 talent points left, ended up not working.

you can't just add talent points unles you increase the level cap because base talent points calculation is PLAYER_LEVEL - 9

you can make your own calculation going in Player.cpp

find uint32 Player::CalculateTalentPoints() const

i think just commenting if(talentpointsforlevel > base_talent) etc etc should do the trick

Thank you, I found a forum within AC-web that told me to add this within the lines of it, and then re-compiled but didn't seem to make a difference. But here is what I have as of now, Just need to modify it when I understand it.

uint32 Player::CalculateTalentsPoints() const
    {
    uint32 base_talent = GetLevel() < 10 ? 0 : GetLevel()-9;

if (GetClass() != CLASS_DEATH_KNIGHT || GetMapId() != 609)
    return uint32(base_talent * sWorld->getRate(RATE_TALENT));

uint32 talentPointsForLevel = GetLevel() < 56 ? 0 : GetLevel() - 55;
    talentPointsForLevel += m_questRewardTalentCount;

if (talentPointsForLevel > base_talent)
    talentPointsForLevel = base_talent;

return uint32(talentPointsForLevel * sWorld->getRate(RATE_TALENT));
    base_talent += m_questRewardTalentCount;
    }

you'll have to trace the root right click on CalculateTalentsPoints and select "Find All References" try to understand how talent system works, CalculateTalentsPoints seem to trigger when leveling up

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Really appreciate you taking the time to respond and point me in the right direction! Many many thanks to you Darksoke!