Welcome to AC Web.

How to promote the WoW server?

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Hello everyone,

I would like to promote my new WoW private server to increase the population. In order to increase the population at my WoW server I hired few developers to improve the website but I have a problem with the population on my server. Any suggestions how to do it? I already started the double XP weekend where players can enjoy the double XP boost and I tried to promote my website at following links:
    1. topg.org
    2. gamingtop100.net
    3. Serverstoplist.com
    4. xtremetop100.com
    5. gtop100.com
    6. top100arena.com
    7. Topservers.com

Also what I have done is that I uploaded my domain at google. Btw the link for the website is nixos-wow.sk. Any suggestions how to promote and let people know about my server? I have created a business account at FB.

Zremax.com

Today, it really requires a lot more than it did back then. Listing on topsites are not enough itself, there's more to it.
    But you're welcome to advertise your WoW Private Server here as well: https://zremax.com

Quote Originally Posted by ExonatioN View Post
    Today, it really requires a lot more than it did back then. Listing on topsites are not enough itself, there's more to it.
    But you're welcome to advertise your WoW Private Server here as well: https://zremax.com
    Wow. I totally missed that one. Thank you so much

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Advertising a private server can be hard and it sure requires a lot of effort and time.

I can tell you how I did it a bit over a year ago when i managed to accumulate over 80 online players on the release of our server.

The importance of quality
    First of it is important that whatever project you desire to advertise offers something unique. This can either be in the quality of the server, the systems implemented, or the vision behind it. The unique aspect of your server needs to be something that sets you apart from just compiling a fresh trinity core and releasing it. Without a unique selling point, advertising becomes useless because if you have nothing to advertise you are just wasting time and money.

Getting hype for the release
    So one of the things I managed to do well was creating hype for the release of my server. This included building a community on discord where regular development updates were posted before the server had even released. The content was showcased and ideas and suggestions shared. This way we involved the players before the server was even online. At the time of the release, we had at least 300 players in our discord who were waiting for the release of our server.

Reddit is gold if your product is solid
    Reddit is a great source to build hype and accumulate new players. A large portion of our success for advertising we owe to Reddit. We released a hype post prior to the release that was beautifully done with information about our unique selling points, images of the content we had to offer as well as a well-made trailer to showcase a glim of what it was like to play on our server. The post we did got a lot of great feedback because people could see the effort we had put in where high. If you are a generic boring server with no selling points or unique content then Reddit can be a disaster. At least you want to put a lot of time and effort into creating a Reddit post so that the users on Reddit can see that what you made has a lot of time invested in it. The goal is to reach hot on the wow server Reddit.

Youtube videos
    A good youtube video can be awesome to advertise your server, making regular content updates into a youtube video can also help create hype. If we take a look at some of the servers that have gained a lot of attention over the years, they follow the same pattern. Most of them create quality content that is then shared through developer updates, showcase videos or other related media to build hype around the project. A great example of this is also the server Ascension, probably being the best server so far to ever use youtube as a channel to promote their server and its content to users.

Voting Sites
    Voting sites has become a lot less popular but can be useful for advertising. Their prices are often high and what you get in return can be questioned. However, if you can rank among the top 10-20 servers there sure is traffic to direct to your server. The main problem with voting sites is that most servers don't compete on the same ground. In order to successfully rank on a voting site, you need to either pay a lot of money for banner spots or use voting bots to gain large amounts of votes. There are plenty of servers out there that have become successful without using voting sites and it is becoming less popular because of alternative websites that exist for listing your servers now (such as Reddit, youtube, Facebook, etc). What is important though if you choose to enable voting is to make sure that you have a very professional looking banner that draws people's attention. You perhaps have 5 seconds of people's time when they scroll down and those 5 seconds are where you need to make sure they click your banner and try out your self.

Final Thoughts
    Making a successful private server largely depends on the content you produce as well as how good you are advertising that unique content. If you do not have a unique selling point then there is no reason to even enter the market in the first place. Advertising is trial and error, make sure to try and track how many people you get through different channels to ensure that you can invest time into those channels that provide the most amount of traffic. Good luck with your server.
    Last edited by Breezicreaf; 05-27-2020 at 06:06 PM.