Welcome to AC Web.
    Light of the Crusade

WoW Classic Opinions

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    I still haven't ventured into Classic wow, I believe it's empty hype.

What are your opinions on the topic?

Are you subscribed, not subscribed yet? and what are you opinions about it?

http://YugoWoW.com/

Can you explain more about the case do you mean
    Retail or emulation?

zafirehd.deviantart.com

Quote Originally Posted by JadaDev View Post
    Can you explain more about the case do you mean
    Retail or emulation?
    Considering he mentions subscriptions etcetera I believe he's talking about Retail Classic.

My opinion is: It's better than private servers, but its slowly dying out. If they move on to later expansions it will keep the hype for a while I guess.

Hey!

I've been playing Classic (retail) since its launch. And i agree regarding that the hype has died down, However!
    The servers and population is still standing very strong. Every evening after 4 PM to nearly 2 AM will consist of a population mentioned as High or at most cases FULL.
    There are A LOT of players. Wherever you go, You will encounter a player. Whether it is of your faction or the enemy faction.

The only problem currently with classic as i have seen is the lack of tanks specifically. People do not wish to tank, either because they are afraid of tanking thinking they'll do something wrong
    or be blamed on regarding wipes within encounters.

Ohh! Forgot to mention Auction House pricing. people are complete retards with pricing currently (can be cause of the game being relatively new. Thus not a lot of people have much gold)
    we are talking perhaps an item for 20s vendor price and they'll AH it for 25s. Here we cant forget about the 4s FEE to put it up there for 24-48 hours. Meaning they made a whopping 1s profit (Wowie)

The game itself is very alike how i remember vanilla, However! Classic has some very good quality of life changes and visual changes, We are talking
    - Battle net messenger which lets you connect with people you know
    from different realms, different game versions and different games blizzard has to offer.
    - Graphics are in a sense the old graphics but with modern improvements.The water looks absolutely amazing, Colors are more deeper and the graphic atmosphere just feels good.
    - Addons play a very big matter imo, There are a lot of addons already available. However nowhere near as many as there is on BfA. And i am kinda glad that it is like that. You'll find 85-90% of the available addons to be
    useful, There are naturally some that won't peak your interest but you can just skip those.

It is a very long grind regarding getting to max level. However it is a very satisfying grind. Once you hit what you are aiming for it truly feels achieving.
    The community is very tight and people are extremely nice/positive. You will of course meet those whom are super toxic and whatnot (but hey its a online community, it literally is to be expected)

Do i recommend roaming on Classic? Yes. It keeps you occupied and it will surely bring back some nostalgia.

What other things did classic do for me? Well i honestly became very much more positive regarding Battle for Azeroth. I play classic with my friends, But if my friends aren't online. I'll more than willingly jump on to battle for azeroth treating that as a singleplayer type of deal.

I am definitely subscribed and i will definitely continue to subscribe. This is a game i will be playing through all of the phases and i do dream/hope that TBC and later expansions will be a thing.
    Last edited by OMGhixD; 10-04-2019 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OMGhixD View Post
    Hey!

I've been playing Classic (retail) since its launch. And i agree regarding that the hype has died down, However!
    The servers and population is still standing very strong. Every evening after 4 PM to nearly 2 AM will consist of a population mentioned as High or at most cases FULL.
    There are A LOT of players. Wherever you go, You will encounter a player. Whether it is of your faction or the enemy faction.

The only problem currently with classic as i have seen is the lack of tanks specifically. People do not wish to tank, either because they are afraid of tanking thinking they'll do something wrong
    or be blamed on regarding wipes within encounters.

Ohh! Forgot to mention Auction House pricing. people are complete retards with pricing currently (can be cause of the game being relatively new. Thus not a lot of people have much gold)
    we are talking perhaps an item for 20s vendor price and they'll AH it for 25s. Here we cant forget about the 4s FEE to put it up there for 24-48 hours. Meaning they made a whopping 1s profit (Wowie)

The game itself is very alike how i remember vanilla, However! Classic has some very good quality of life changes and visual changes, We are talking
    - Battle net messenger which lets you connect with people you know
    from different realms, different game versions and different games blizzard has to offer.
    - Graphics are in a sense the old graphics but with modern improvements.The water looks absolutely amazing, Colors are more deeper and the graphic atmosphere just feels good.
    - Addons play a very big matter imo, There are a lot of addons already available. However nowhere near as many as there is on BfA. And i am kinda glad that it is like that. You'll find 85-90% of the available addons to be
    useful, There are naturally some that won't peak your interest but you can just skip those.

It is a very long grind regarding getting to max level. However it is a very satisfying grind. Once you hit what you are aiming for it truly feels achieving.
    The community is very tight and people are extremely nice/positive. You will of course meet those whom are super toxic and whatnot (but hey its a online community, it literally is to be expected)

Do i recommend roaming on Classic? Yes. It keeps you occupied and it will surely bring back some nostalgia.

What other things did classic do for me? Well i honestly became very much more positive regarding Battle for Azeroth. I play classic with my friends, But if my friends aren't online. I'll more than willingly jump on to battle for azeroth treating that as a singleplayer type of deal.

I am definitely subscribed and i will definitely continue to subscribe. This is a game i will be playing through all of the phases and i do dream/hope that TBC and later expansions will be a thing.
    Good review

WoW Classic Opinions

Im going to give it a try when Classic goes live. I played for more than a decade and finally gave up after Legion, didnt even bother with BFA. Bump the thread when Classic goes live.

zafirehd.deviantart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mydralof View Post
    Im going to give it a try when Classic goes live. I played for more than a decade and finally gave up after Legion, didnt even bother with BFA. Bump the thread when Classic goes live.
    Classic has been live since August

With this new layering my hype died afther i hit lvl 30.. its just a pain to see you kill a mob and it instantly respawn and when you clear a mine for an example you get inside but you die when you want to get out and this heppens anywhere in the world ..not sub anymore waiting for 8.3 maybe something nice will come

WoW Classic Opinions

. , .
    Classic. , .
    . , . .
    wow classic - world of warcraft .
    , . - .

It's been an up and down ride for me. Hit 60 in a month. No boosts, and other cheats. Only did questing that gave the most honor per hour, and dungeons. Been playing since 06, so I know the best circuits to take.

I resubbed for PvP after my account being inactive since 2010, and was met some good, and really awful people along the way. The bottom fell out from it when I hit 60 though, as pvp was nothing but pugs getting grave yard farmed for HOURS & HOURS. Was never that bad. Didn't like the people I met in the premade scene, so I left them. Been solo grinding AV for about 13 hours a day. Currently Centurion Rank 9 98%. Yup, that's right. 2% shy of my Champion Rank 10 goal. HAHA. Finish off the blue pvp armor. That's ok. Grinding it out as I speak. Might go for 11 to get the mounts.

Honestly, I've been less than impressed with the $%^# community there more than anything. So many pricks run rampant on those forums.. The forums are the butthole of hell, and honestly Blizzard should shut them down. You can never have a discussion on there. People just endlessly troll you, and insult you about everything you say.

People are min/maxing this game to death. The players have created gated content with their elitism, and it just ruined the whole experience. The mage / warrior situation is also irritating. PvP is pretty much just those classes. Gets old. The game is great, but the 'scene' not so desirable. Once I get this ranking done, I feel I'm done with Classic. Might resub in TBC, but then again, I'm worried the sweaty bbq sauce finger premade nerds will ruin that too.

That's just my ranty two cents.
    Last edited by SuperLongCat; 05-14-2020 at 03:25 PM.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    I stopped playing classic but leveled up Mage to lvl 60 geared to pre-bis and leveled rouge to lvl 43, then kind of stopped playing it. As i dont know my time to invest anymore into something i dont even know how to feel, didn't make me nowhere. So just decided to play from time to time on retail