Welcome to AC Web.
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1


    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Library of Elchea
    Posts
    682

    Thoughts on the current Wave of Rap


    REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Modern day rap is kind of split either into trap, emo rap, or "metal-rap" (like scarlord, some old songs by x)
    I was wondering which, I guess, "sub-genre" do you guys prefer.
    Old heads please don't comment if you don't have anything valid to say, neither I nor any other younger members in this community want to read walls of comments saying "THOSE AREN'T REAL RAPPERS"

    Now before any old head comments here saying "THEY ARE NOT ORIGINAL".
    Of course, all three of these genres are in no way original.

    Trap was brought to popularity by rappers such as Wakka Flocka, Gucci Mane and Jay Z.

    Emo Rap is just rap heavily influenced by groups like My Chemical Romance, Blink 192, Sum 41, Sex Pistols to name a few.

    And Metal/Underground/Hardcore rap was basically created by the Triple Six Mafia, but has been receiving a lot of attention since 2014/15 thanks to Bones, G59(Suicideboys, Ramirez), and many other rappers from Memphis and Florida.

    So which do you guys prefer?
    Last edited by Loud21; 08-11-2018 at 11:58 AM.

  2. #2
    i prefer metal/rock rap like korn, P.O.D., Insane Clown Posse, Kottonmouth Kings, early limp biscuit, early faith no more, public enemy, Rage against the machines, Biohazard, Cypress Hill, Anthrax,, Insane Clown Posse, Coal Chamber, Mindless self indulgence to name a few that i like with rap influenced metal/rock. i would recommend all of them to give a listen to!

  3. #3


    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Library of Elchea
    Posts
    682
    Quote Originally Posted by NotaBot View Post
    i prefer metal/rock rap like korn, P.O.D., Insane Clown Posse, Kottonmouth Kings, early limp biscuit, early faith no more, public enemy, Rage against the machines, Biohazard, Cypress Hill, Anthrax,, Insane Clown Posse, Coal Chamber, Mindless self indulgence to name a few that i like with rap influenced metal/rock. i would recommend all of them to give a listen to!
    Most of those bands played a major role at one point in my life, however, this thread is supposed to discuss the new wave of rappers, referring to those who started around 2014/2015 and are still active today, like Lil Pump, SuicideBoys and so on, sorry. Thank you for your response though!

  4. #4
    I love listening to 90s gangster rap legends like NWA, Tupac, Wu-Tang, and Biggie, but that real shit is the underground stuff like Army of the Pharaohs or Jedi Mind. I feel like when there's a struggle a good rap song about it can ease the mind. I also love horrorcore, like Gravediggaz and Eminem's early songs. That thrill and dark lyrics just excites me lol.

    On topic about the new wave, I feel like it's not as good as it was, there are some songs like Gucci Gang which is decent, but imo I'm not a big fan of them, however I do respect what they're doing cause, they are making cash, even though they're songs (imo) are trash, but out of the new ones Trap is my favourite, since it just gives me a feeling of nostalgia on how rap was about trying to make a living in a crime-infested neighborhood (something I can relate to hehe), and ofc I love listening to violent hard lyrics, <3.
    Last edited by Render1982; 08-11-2018 at 03:54 PM. Reason: rewrote

  5. #5
    SuicideBoys are great tho,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0-8dwIjP9I
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb0fGJXS2Qg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUqWw5Vx42g
    I can't say the same about all the Lil' Cancers except for Lil Peep, he was a legend.

    Although i prefer Night Lovell, the new songs of PapaRoach e.g https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqYnMSUTFGU and Bullet for my Valentine e.g https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Len0qLhmhL0
    I think they are going on a good path, not like the Lil 'Cancers I mentioned above, rapping about money, tattoos, cars, bitches and what not on the same melody over and over again.

  6. #6


    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Library of Elchea
    Posts
    682
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkyBulgaria View Post
    SuicideBoys are great tho,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0-8dwIjP9I
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb0fGJXS2Qg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUqWw5Vx42g
    I can't say the same about all the Lil' Cancers except for Lil Peep, he was a legend.

    Although i prefer Night Lovell, the new songs of PapaRoach e.g https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqYnMSUTFGU and Bullet for my Valentine e.g https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Len0qLhmhL0
    I think they are going on a good path, not like the Lil 'Cancers I mentioned above, rapping about money, tattoos, cars, bitches and what not on the same melody over and over again.

    I agree that Lil Peep was a legend and a creator of a completely new genre. Could've truly changed the industry. I cried for 4 days straight after his passing. Suicideboys are great too, been a huge fan of both since 2015/16. Didn't really get a chance to listen to a lot of Night Lovell, only know a couple of songs by him.
    I honestly didn't know Bullet for my Valentine and Papa Roach still made music today. Will definitely check them out.
    Thank you for sharing your opinion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Render1982 View Post
    I love listening to 90s gangster rap legends like NWA, Tupac, Wu-Tang, and Biggie, but that real shit is the underground stuff like Army of the Pharaohs or Jedi Mind. I feel like when there's a struggle a good rap song about it can ease the mind. I also love horrorcore, like Gravediggaz and Eminem's early songs. That thrill and dark lyrics just excites me lol.

    On topic about the new wave, I feel like it's not as good as it was, there are some songs like Gucci Gang which is decent, but imo I'm not a big fan of them, however I do respect what they're doing cause, they are making cash, even though they're songs (imo) are trash, but out of the new ones Trap is my favourite, since it just gives me a feeling of nostalgia on how rap was about trying to make a living in a crime-infested neighborhood (something I can relate to hehe), and ofc I love listening to violent hard lyrics, <3.
    It's a shame you're not familiar with more Memphis rappers like Triple Six Mafia, Kingpin Skinny Pimp, Lord Infamous and some of the newer guys such as SuicideBoys, and Ramirez. The actual prodigies of horrorcore rap. Gravediggaz are great, but I can't put Eminem in the horrorcore genre and I've listened to his whole discography at least 10 times. The song he did with Royce 5'9 on his Slim Shady LP, Bad Meets Evil (Not to be mistaken for the new album the two of them did), and Demons Inside are my two favorite "horrorcore" songs by Eminem.

    If you want some newer horrorcore stuff, check out the Suicideboys as well as Ramirez.
    If you like really hard stuff, go for Suicideboys Exodius and their entire Eternal Grey album has some pretty good songs, after that check out Rotten and Paralyzed in a Tropical Paradise (my favorite album from $B).
    Also definitely check out Ramirez, a true Memphis representer.
    Gucci is great too!

    Here's a banger


    Thank you both for your opinion. Repped you for responding!
    Last edited by Loud21; 08-11-2018 at 05:12 PM.

  7. #7

    REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    gucci gang gucci gang gucci gang gucci gang gucci gang gucci gang gucci gang

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •