Welcome to AC Web.
Page 161 of 162 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162 LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2421

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilin View Post
    hey, when I try to download the repack, it says I don't have permission to view it, any reason as to why?
    or am I not allowed to download it anymore? XD
    Seems like it's a global change for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilin View Post
    hey, when I try to download the repack, it says I don't have permission to view it, any reason as to why?
    or am I not allowed to download it anymore? XD
    I just checked it, it is working. Did the link take you to The Guilded website? Then scroll down to the download link that goes to Mega Downloads/

- - - Updated - - -

Also most people have gone to the guilded website instead of here. It's a little more confusing to find things there but you get used to it. All of the links are there too.

This Repack has been Discontinued?

what happen?

Quote Originally Posted by deman View Post
    This Repack has been Discontinued?

what happen?
    I also would like to know why.

What throws me off more is the fact that they removed the repacks and not even leaving it here for people to play. If they decide to quit, fine. It's up tp them anyways. But atleast leave the repack to download if people actually use it.

Been playing the solo repack with a friend and i had a blast (apart from the bugged quests) since all dungeons and raids were doable together without "cheating".

Quote Originally Posted by Sylencer View Post
    What throws me off more is the fact that they removed the repacks and not even leaving it here for people to play. If they decide to quit, fine. It's up to them anyways. But at least leave the repack to download if people actually use it.

Been playing the solo repack with a friend and i had a blast (apart from the bugged quests) since all dungeons and raids were doable together without "cheating".
    I can answer this question.

Basically, according to the Guilded forums where they were making most of the development, they got a cease and desist letter from Blizzard. Since Blizzard is leaning more and more into legacy servers and will likely go into Wrath of the Lich King eventually, AND since the creator and devs were US-based, and AzerothCore was sufficiently popular enough to get their attention, they had to take it down lest they get into serious legal trouble.

So don't blame the devs for making sure they didn't get in trouble. They're currently trying to find a way to keep on developing this without violating copyright laws, so it's not over yet.
    Last edited by Enigma2Me; 05-20-2021 at 07:45 PM.

I asked a question on the last page, but no one answered. Forum is dead? Or are there only people with an overestimated sense of importance? Are the developers pirating the game and the server for others or for themselves? If for others, I don’t understand the level of indifference from them to the resource where users ask questions about their product.

I asked about the possibility of changing the settings for the frequency of resource deposits and about the possibility of changing the respawn interval of quest items on the map, as well as the likelihood of their dropping from mobs. Is it realistic to do this if I have access to MySQL?

Also I got a problem with the server. Namely, that obviously something happened. I played as a hunter, my pet disappeared and did not want to be called up. I rebooted the server, I can not log into my account, it shows the eternal loading of the list of characters. Restarting the server didn't help. I don't want to lose my account. How do I fix this? I can replace files from the archive, but I don’t know which ones, so that my account is not lost.

I hope for the competence of other knowledgeable people. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzet View Post
    I asked a question on the last page, but no one answered. Forum is dead? Or are there only people with an overestimated sense of importance? Are the developers pirating the game and the server for others or for themselves? If for others, I don’t understand the level of indifference from them to the resource where users ask questions about their product.

I asked about the possibility of changing the settings for the frequency of resource deposits and about the possibility of changing the respawn interval of quest items on the map, as well as the likelihood of their dropping from mobs. Is it realistic to do this if I have access to MySQL?

Also I got a problem with the server. Namely, that obviously something happened. I played as a hunter, my pet disappeared and did not want to be called up. I rebooted the server, I can not log into my account, it shows the eternal loading of the list of characters. Restarting the server didn't help. I don't want to lose my account. How do I fix this? I can replace files from the archive, but I don’t know which ones, so that my account is not lost.

I hope for the competence of other knowledgeable people. Thank you.
    Firstly, let me assure you, I maintain a very tightly estimated sense of importance, never overestimated! Secondly, I have a life where WoW emulation is an enjoyable hobby for me, not the other way around, so to state indifference is not only inaccurate but indifferent to reason. Perhaps building your own server would make this remark clearer :-)

As for the frequency rates you're looking to modify, yes, they can be accomplished by various changes to the pertinent DB records. Use the AzerothCore Wiki to familiarize yourself with the tables and their respective fields. Some trial and error will most probably be required to get things working the way you're envisioning your game to be.

Regarding your inability to update your system, the last version of the repack saw a complete change to the AC auth server name/password encryption methodology, most likely the root of your issue. Others have successfully updated, without issue, using the instructions outlined on Guilded (there's even a how-to update video available there as well). My suggestion would be to follow those instructions.

Lastly, as a word of advice, competency is not necessarily a by-product of knowledge. Better to hope for the kindness of others to help you accomplish either what you can not do or do not want to do yourself. If you're seeking competency, developing your own skills and knowledge base would produce far superior results than attempting to acquire understanding through second-hand experiences. If, however, you remain unwilling to do so, negating the fact that you could at a later date be in the position to help others who have stumbled into similar circumstances, then you are at the mercy of those competent but indifferent knowledge bearers. The choice remains yours :-)
    Last edited by vratam; 05-23-2021 at 02:20 PM.

Well Said

In case many of you didn't know, the creators of this repack have moved mainly to the guilded website. There is much advice and instructions on how to install and patch the latest repack. But sadly the links to the updated repacks have all been taken down due to cease and desist orders from Blizzard. Although the links to the repacks no longer work there are some nice sections and links on graphic patches, addons, and customizing login screens by Vratam. I also included a section of the darker nights patch including links to the patches themselves.

If Activision-Blizzard did not like it, then they should not have made WoW, that simple. Blizzard should becareful as they might mess with the wrong group.

Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by PTMC View Post
    If Activision-Blizzard did not like it, then they should not have made WoW, that simple. Blizzard should becareful as they might mess with the wrong group.
    I think the main reason Blizzard is coming down on the repacks is the popularity of the Classic version. Plans are in the works to release Classic BC later this year. From what I hear Wrath will probably be released later on. I personally love Classic Wow. The game went downhill after Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmonkey View Post
    I think the main reason Blizzard is coming down on the repacks is the popularity of the Classic version. Plans are in the works to release Classic BC later this year. From what I hear Wrath will probably be released later on. I personally love Classic Wow. The game went downhill after Cata.
    I just hate Blizzard, not because of their policies, but they allowed a murder to happen in my city during TBC where cyber bullies hunted her down and murdered her. I thought they were supposed to monitor all communication in the chat engine...

RIP This was such a good repack.

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats121 View Post
    RIP This was such a good repack.
    Why is it so hard to compile a private server with whatever module you want?

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by mindsear View Post
    Why is it so hard to compile a private server with whatever module you want?
    This repack included exclusive modules that are unavailable elsewhere.