Welcome to AC Web.
Page 162 of 163 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163 LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 2434

Pandaria

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    @ Vratam What's up? Any news on Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmonkey View Post
    @ Vratam What's up? Any news on Pandaria.
    ? ... I'm not working with anything involving Pandaria. I believe you can download the Pandaria maps so it appears in-game (3.3.5), but then you would have to create portals to the continent, populate it with NPCs and MOBs, and, of course, script out all the quests. It would be a tremendous amount of work to accomplish, but it would be super cool to have Pandaria in WotLK! This is why I keep pushing you to compile your own server and start modifying things for yourself, hahaha :-)

Otherwise, I've been working on some module stuff (C++) and some LUA stuff (Eluna and standard AddOn modding). The seasonal change has diminished my available time for AC-WotLK as I can accomplish lots of outdoor work and activity now. Thanks for asking. Hope all is going well for you!

Good day.

The list of characters still does not open for me. More precisely, it works with varying degrees of success. I updated the data files of the last update, at first it worked, then it works again after one or two. Mostly the list of characters is not loaded. The server turned off as expected, so I do not know what could be the reason. I tried to replace files from archives, except for the database, which stores characters, and which I do not want to lose. I would be eternally grateful if someone can help me resolve this issue. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzet View Post
    Good day.

The list of characters still does not open for me. More precisely, it works with varying degrees of success. I updated the data files of the last update, at first it worked, then it works again after one or two. Mostly the list of characters is not loaded. The server turned off as expected, so I do not know what could be the reason. I tried to replace files from archives, except for the database, which stores characters, and which I do not want to lose. I would be eternally grateful if someone can help me resolve this issue. Thank you.
    The last update saw a major change to the auth DB, as AC has changed the method used for storing username/password combos. This has led to some having issue when updating the repack. While I can't say, by your description, that this is the root of your issue, it certainly may be and at very least needs to be confirmed first before continuing to troubleshoot. On the Guilded site there is a document and video instructing how to perform a successful update. My suggestion, therefore, is to follow that guide :-)

Characters not showing

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzet View Post
    Good day.

I had the same problem. Even following Brook's instructional video it still did not work. What I did was not backup the database in the original server. I took the files from the autobackup folder and put them in the new server backup and autoback folder then hit restore database and ran the bat patch. I experimented many times and it finally worked. Using Brook's instructions did not work on my end for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

@Vratam too many headaches for me to do that. Nice weather is getting me doing more things here too. Plus instead of gaming so much I've discovered Kettlebells and added that to my Kung Fu training. It has really helped. Working more on Qigong, stretching, and Mantis for now. Keep in touch at the guild site. I check in from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmonkey View Post
    ...too many headaches for me to do that.
    Hahaha, what you call headaches I call challenges :-)

Happy to hear your training is going well!

Anyone can share a copy of the latest version of this repack?

Quote Originally Posted by xie32 View Post
    Anyone can share a copy of the latest version of this repack?
    Unfortunately I do not think it will be possible as Blizzard, like the stupid retards they are cowered behind the law and forced BrooksTech to remove this repack.

The repack isn't lost, some people on /r/wowservers/ still have it and are willing to share if anyone's interested.
    Blizz can frig off.

I think the main reason Blizzard contacted Brookes was that they now have Classic Wow. They just added Classic BC and I'm sure that Wrath will be in the works later. According to some reports Classic Wow now has more people playing than Retail. The old game was so much better anyway. But if you can't get this pack there are some other good ones under the download menu of the site. Not as good as Brookes though I'm sure.

Last edited by dhasslef; 08-15-2021 at 06:04 PM.

What was so special about this repack compared to others? I only heard of this recently and a lot of people say it's the best solo repack.

Quote Originally Posted by wingless shinigami View Post
    What was so special about this repack compared to others? I only heard of this recently and a lot of people say it's the best solo repack.
    It contained a lot of custom coding focusing on the single player, or small group, containing some core hacks as well as some exclusive modules not made available for general consumption.

And the community around it was super friendly =) *cough

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Great community. And to give it credit, this repack also had the best startup. Most others you have to click on three separate things to get them loading. This one had only one. And as the others said it was setup for the solo player in mind. Had some great modules included. Love it.