Welcome to AC Web.
Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Editing it in Spell.dbc will not achieve anything, spells are loaded from the database. You have to change the cooldown in the `spell_template` table.

in a slightly older version, I am guessing v8 but it was a few months back so cant remember, I attempted to Hearthstone to -0- and it crashed in mid hearth and locked out every time I tried loading that character.

Anyway, I was working on creating some SQLs to learn how they function on this particular project (earlier version as previously noted) and am creating a few items little by little to add into the game to make quest rewards more viable. If anyone ever noticed, the start zone reward system is all over the place where you can choose between a foot and a belt and a chest and a cape, so on so forth. I had some great success with the ones I made after countless tries to figure out why nothing was working (blank spaces that had to be replaced by zeros, particularly the detail and script_name fields), then complete success as soon as I realized where the problem was. If you'd like, I can rescript to match this particular version and share so that anyone can use to update the quest rewards instead of the mostly useless rewards that are preprogrammed. I would post the ones I already tried, but they are a bit over powering and may discourage. I am going to work on a basic scale of -starts zones=no greater than 5 on a stat boost-primary zones(elwynn for example)=no greater than 10 per stat boost, secondary zones=15, so on so forth. They will also be boosting different stats for customizable gameplay for prefered specs. So, like I said....if anyone is interested in this, within the next few days I can put some start level zone SQL up to make it available. And remember, this is not hyper cheat queries, it is just to balance out characters through lower levels on less or single populated servers.

On another note, once I have mine fixed and set up as I would like it, is there a place to share the server (my personalized one) with the community? I would love to join on other's servers as well and see what they have worked on too.

Incase anyone actually read all of that, thank you for your time.

Hey Brotalnia, this might be off topic.. but i'm currently trying to setup this repack on a VPS to use it as PTR for my guild to practice naxx

and the VPS uses Linux Debian 9 (stretch) 64bits and i never used that OS before

is the setup similar to windows or would this not work on Linux ? if it works, could you help me on how to do that

thank you for hard work, it is nearly perfect.
    i just found 1 thing, the effect of 【Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker】 only damage the current target, it should damage 5 enemies if possible.
    could you please tell me how to make it damage 5 target, i don't mind this effect will cancel the control skills.
    thank you again.

How do you add custom items to this server? I downloaded it and got it up and running easily enough and I noticed the Corrupted Thunderfury, Cursed Scourge Bonewall and Tabard of Lordaeron are custom items added to the game. How do I add my own items? I tried just making a copy of the Corrupted Thunderfury .sql file and changing the name and entry ID but it doesn't show up in-game, nor the SQL item database if I connect to it with HeidiSQL.

Even better, is there a forum or something dedicated to creating custom items? I've had a look around this website but I can't seem to find anything like that here.

Lighthammer,
    what I did for mine was download heidiSQL. You start the mySQL.bat script only, then start heidiSQL, login as root, then you can add items. click on the "mangos" database, then in the table filter field type in "item_template". A super noob way to do it is search for an item similar to one you want to make, then just right-click and "duplicate row", and rename, adjust the values. Assign it a unique "entry" ID above 5000. You have to learn what all of the various values mean, but all of this is on google. But to give you a head start "stat_type" 1 = health, 3= Agility, 4=STR, 5=INT, 6=Spirit, 7=Stam. You can copy spell IDs from other items to add effects. Quality 2 =green, 3=blue, 4=epic, 5=legendary...etc. Sorry I don't have time to make a tutorial, my time is very limited, but this should help clue you in. Good luck.

how do i make the server instant 60 and people start with 25000g ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frodog View Post
    how do i make the server instant 60 and people start with 25000g ?
    Modify below in mangosd.conf

StartPlayerLevel = 60
    StartPlayerMoney = 250,000,000

if you are doing this just to screw around that's cool, but if you plan to make server public there are a ton of reasons you would not want to do this. Namely, doing that would be exploited almost immediately, and secondly on a new server with little population, there would be nothing to spend the gold on anyway.

The new release is here!

Full download - https://www.mediafire.com/?75zphqhxss8fgny
    Lite download - https://www.mediafire.com/?4r7sedy24k6tucm

Some of the new stuff:
    - All ranged mobs using EventAI have been fully rescripted. They should work much better now, never getting stuck or pointlessly moving between casts.
    - The old riding system and all changes to mounts have been implemented.
    - You can now edit creature EventAI scripts using the Script Editor included in the tools folder. You can use this to make your own boss battles, check it out!
    - I've added a few more batch scripts to the repack. Among them is the option to reset cooldowns on duels, or make players start on GM Island.
    - Quests have had their experience adjusted based on the Vanilla Master's Guide. Some were giving too much XP before.
    - And of course all other fixes from the official github.

@Frodog The repack is only for Windows. I don't use Linux, so i can't really help you with that, but you should ask for help in the Light's Hope developer discord.

https://discord.gg/HbEHmJ3

@clb929 If that's a bug, please report it on the LH issue tracker.

https://github.com/LightsHope/issues/issues
    Last edited by brotalnia; 05-08-2018 at 11:13 PM.

Brotalia, am I able to swap out the v9 binaries with v10 only and keep my existing databases?

You have to replace the world database too. (mangos)

@icecom6 Thanks for that! Yeah I think I can find out the values myself, I just couldn't figure out how to add items. Just a question, what will happen if I edit an item? Will it update or just break entirely?
    Also do I have to delete my client's WDB folder every time I make a change?B

@icecom6 Thanks for that! Yeah I think I can find out the values myself, I just couldn't figure out how to add items. Just a question, what will happen if I edit an item? Will it update or just break entirely?
    Also do I have to delete my client's WDB folder every time I make a change?

There seems to be 400+ item_template entries with copies of weapons but starting with "Monster" example: "Monster - Mace, Spiked Heavy". But all that stats are "0". Is this unused stuff or what is it?

Also, been starting to notice common items with stats way crazy, like the "corrupted Ashbringer" which was like more than double what it should be. Wondering if there is a more pure and vanilla item_template I can replace.
    Last edited by icecom6; 05-15-2018 at 12:29 AM.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Hey Bro, this is my first forum post on here. I wanted to say I love this repack, thank you for making it available! It got me started with emulation.