Welcome to AC Web.

[How To]Web Server Start and basic Services

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    In this thread i will try to teach some of the basic things for a good website. I can't explain all details but i will try to be as detailed as possible. Some of the things that i will say here can be bullshits for a expert webmaster but i will try to make me understand for who don't know the web languages.

before buy a website that already have a space, you must know that you don't need it, you can manage your website from your own server-host.

Installation IIS

1. Click Start -> All Programs -> Administrative Tools -> Server Manager.

2. In the Server Manager window, scroll down to Roles Summary, and then click Add Roles. The Add Roles Wizard will start with a Before You Begin page.

3. Select Web Server (IIS) on the Select Server Roles page. An introductory page will open with links for further information.

4. Select the IIS services to be installed on the Select Role Services page. Add only the modules necessary and click Next.

5. Add any required role services.

6. IIS is now installed with a default configuration for hosting, enable the "CGI" checkbox under "Application Development" and click Next

7. Confirm that the Web server works by using localhost.

PHP Configuration

1. Download microsoft web platform installer, open it, go on Products and search 'PHP 5.3.28' press Add on the right of the page under the php version and press install.

2. now open 'Internet Information Services(IIS) Manager' in the "Features View" page open the "Handler Mappings" feature.

3. In the "Actions" pane click "Add Module Mapping..." and enter the following:
    Request path: *.php
    Module: FastCgiModule
    Executable: C:\[Path to PHP installation]\php-cgi.exe
    Name: PHP_via_FastCGI
    Click "Request Restrictions" button and then configure the mapping to invoke handler only if request is mapped to a file or a folder, and click ok on all dialogs for safe the configuration.
    and again "Add Module Mapping..." and enter the following:
    Request path: *.php
    Module: FastCgiModule
    Executable: C:\[Path to PHP installation]\php-cgi.exe
    Name: PHP53_via_FastCGI
    Click "Request Restrictions" button and then configure the mapping to invoke handler only if request is mapped to a file or a folder, On Verbs select "One of the following verbs" and in the space insert 'GET,HEAD,POST', click ok on all dialogs for safe the configuration.

(Can be that after install the php version using the web platform installer this step is automatically done by the program)

4. Now select 'root' under "Sites" and open the "Default Document" feature. Select index.php and move it Up to first position (if don't exist add ''index.php" and move it at first position).

5. Now open MIME Types and press on Add..
    File name extension: .ini or any type of text file you want
    MIME type: text/plain
    and OK. Now again Add..

6. Now open Program Files(x86) --> PHP --> v5.3 --> php.ini
    on line 226 edit short_open_tag = On

7. Open the folder C: --> root delete all what there is and with your text editor create index.php
    PHP Code:
    <!doctype html> 
    <html> 
    <body> 
    <? 
        phpinfo(1); 
    ?> 
    </body> 
    </html>
    Launch your browser, type-in the url "localhost/index.php".
    if work you have succesfully installed and configure PHP on IIS.
    if don't work please check your error using google before ask here about a solution!

Web Site Start

This is only a quickly introdution to html side of a website, but i can't explain you how to create a template by 0, so i give you only some suggestions.

First of all you need a template and i suggest you to steal it from another website (always make a new one is better, but if you don't have experience you can learn more by a website that is already maked).. download HTTrack Website search a website that you like and follow the instruction on this program for take the html/css codes. copy your 'new' template in the folder "root". now you have html,css,javascript that you can reconfigure as you like, but not php.

You can show your result opening it by your url "localhost/.."

Now you need a web editer and i suggest this one that is free: Brackets

Open Brackets and on the left open folder (root). Rename all .html files to .php (remember you need to edit in your website menu/buttons all the path from .html to .php). The next step you must make alone using a bit of intelligence and searching the language words that you don't understand. You need to make now your website and the only suggestion that i can give you is to learn more using this tutiorals:
    HTML
    CSS

I hope you will quickly learn to edit the html pages and the css.

For css a good way for edit is directly on your browser, open your website, press rightclick, press on 'Inspect Element' and you can manage from there your style editing and then replacing the codes on the css file.

You can already go on your website in remote using your IP, or you can register your self on no-ip for have a free url, or if you want to buy a web domain i suggest you to buy it on cheapnames where the .net cost only 10$/year or check for a domain that have a lower cost. Remember, you don't need a webspace, u need only a domain and the staff will help you to configure your webhost to the domain name!

Web Services using PHP

Php start ever with this command
    PHP Code:
    <?
    and close with this one:
    PHP Code:
    ?> 
    We use php for send and get the results from SQL database and for execute them on our website. but php isn't only this, it allow you to make commands on your web pages.
    You can open and close it where you want inside a php page, the fine of php page is that read as html when php is closed. For insert a text or a html language in php the line must be similar at this:
    PHP Code:
    echo "example text"
    When you test your php and get a error the answer of your browser will ever say you what error and the line where it is. If you don't understand the error search it on google for a solution.
    Here is a tutorial for learn how to use php: PHP

You can add every php script that you have found for shaiya simple with a include or copying the script in one of your pages and not need to use iframe.
    the include function is very simple: insert this php code in your own php page where you want show it editing the path:
    PHP Code:
    <? 
    include('./path'); 
    ?>
    I hope you guys gonna enjoy this tutorial and thank you!!!
    Last edited by devflames; 11-16-2015 at 03:44 AM. Reason: need to fix something

Quote Originally Posted by Warchief Foufos View Post
    wrong section
    will requesting for moderator to move this post thank you

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Look's Great,