Welcome to AC Web.
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best expansion?

AMXX Modx Developer

Best expansion?

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    I believe WOTLK is the best expansion wow ever had. It had such a great lore and history, and to be honest its the best expansion so far who had a STABLE lore, who didnt required to get edited just to fit in into the new content lores.

What's Yours?

I enjoyed Vanilla, because epics were actually epics and gear etc wasn't easily obtainable. You had to put a lot of effort into the game. TBC was a great experience, but I do think WOTLK was one of my favorites.

In order of my fav first:

WOTLK, TBC, Vanilla, Cataclysm

I don't think that the number of the subs is enogh to answer that question. My personal opinion is that TBC was the best one. I am not going to say why because i won't post a wall of text so in short i would only say that this question depends on may things, and if you really want to answer that question most correctly you must take a look at all of them.

wrath was my favorite content wise

Wrath of the Lich King, memories D:

Vanila!

AMXX Modx Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Sincres View Post
    wrath was my favorite content wise
    Quote Originally Posted by Viridiel Lorael View Post
    Wrath of the Lich King, memories D:
    /agree

Web/SQL Dev & 3D Artist

I prefer WOTLK as most because i had a active and good 5v5 team. Now i'm most just playing arena to cap points. But i will make a list in the correct order

Wrath of the Lich King > Warlords of Draenor > Mists of Pandaria > Cataclysm > The burning Crusade

I started in the end of burning crusade so i dont really remember much from it so that's why its last on the list. Warlords of Draenor is good for 2 things. Skirmish Arena is FINALY back ingame and it also gives reward. That made the expansion best after wotlk. But i really didnt like that they reduced the stats but oh well... As long as skirmish is in the game i'm happy. Now i can play arena whenever i want.

I will also list some good and bad stuff about the WoD. I might add good/bad stuff about other expansions later on

Warlords of Draenor:

Good Stuff:
    Skirmish is Back ingame
    Skirmish finaly gives reward. The reward is a bag with either gold, honor or a PvP Armor Piece.
    Battleground gives reward on winning the battleground. Drops gold, honor or a PvP Armor Piece.
    Battleground gives reward on losing the battleground. Dropds gold, honor or a PvP Armor Piece.
    The leveling is more fun and takes less time now.
    Most old friends is comming back to try the new expansion

Bad Stuff:
    It is not possible to join a dungeon when you are in StormShield/Ashran (this is a bug and it SHOULD be fixed soon)
    Stats is reduced by alot.
    Ashran Boss is buged sometimes.

Thats the good/bad stuff i can think about right now. But there are probably alot more

.NET Developer

Lore wise it would go something like this :

WOTLK > TBC > Cata > Rest is shit and the lore is pathetic, including WoD up to this point.

bai

Quote Originally Posted by domicroat View Post
    Lore wise it would go something like this :

WOTLK > TBC > Cata > Rest is shit and the lore is pathetic, including WoD up to this point.

bai
    Wod has some good lore lol

Anything up to wotlk, nostalgia

AMXX Modx Developer

indeed, to bad the new content and lore doesnt connect well to the past ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythilogic View Post
    indeed, to bad the new content and lore doesnt connect well to the past ones.
    Well how can it.. It's in a different time dimension. Garrosh changed everything when he stopped his father from drinking the blood.

AMXX Modx Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
    Well how can it.. It's in a different time dimension. Garrosh changed everything when he stopped his father from drinking the blood.
    I'm referring to lores towards the past ones, Like illidans lore is now half fcked up thx 2 WoD

.NET Developer

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Despite the fact that the time travel lore itself is godawful and wrong in so many ways, instead of doing the Iron Horde they had so much possibilities with other untold stories that are way more interesting and just plain better.