Welcome to AC Web.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    The serverAlert cVar cannot be set to the url directly as it is used as the name of a Lua variable set in GlueStrings.lua. To change it you would need to patch the executable. You can only set it to something invalid to disable breaking news entirely.

You will need to either patch your client or use the hosts file method.

Alright, I'll give patching a shot. Thanks for the information.
    Last edited by Valkryst; 04-13-2014 at 07:56 PM.

Nice work! Thumbs up!

AshamaneCore Contributer

THere is a simple way to just change the website link to a html of your domain in GLuestring.LUa and add the HTML format to the HTML file.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupper View Post
    THere is a simple way to just change the website link to a html of your domain in GLuestring.LUa and add the HTML format to the HTML file.
    That's exactly what you do if I'm understanding you correctly. The way I have it set up is that it loads this HTML document from my webserver. If you want to use HTML instead of SimpleHTML, then you're out of luck as far as I know.

AshamaneCore Contributer

Quote Originally Posted by Valkryst View Post
    That's exactly what you do if I'm understanding you correctly. The way I have it set up is that it loads this HTML document from my webserver. If you want to use HTML instead of SimpleHTML, then you're out of luck as far as I know.
    I use Standard HTML pretty much the same as this

Yes, standard HTML is pretty much the same. But, as the tutorial points out, the majority of standard HTML will not work in the News.

However, as mentioned in the guide, in order to change GluwStrings.lua, you must use a hacked version of the game client or the client will claim the game is corrupt. Hence the other methods also mentioned.

Yes, standard HTML is pretty much the same. But, as the tutorial points out, the majority of standard HTML will not work in the News.
    SimpleHTML is the name of the UI object used by the login screen to display the breaking news items. It reads HTML data, but was created mostly for displaying simple messages with a few pictures and the like. It does not support the majority of the tags that HTML has. Further, some of the attributes that HTML tags can have are not supported. In short, only a restrictive subset of HTML is supported (unknown tags are simply ignored).

Lastly, as there is a 2 KB limit to the size of the data it will display, it is best to only use the tags and formats that are supported by the UI object.

AshamaneCore Contributer

Quote Originally Posted by MyLilSuccy View Post
    However, as mentioned in the guide, in order to change GluwStrings.lua, you must use a hacked version of the game client or the client will claim the game is corrupt. Hence the other methods also mentioned.

SimpleHTML is the name of the UI object used by the login screen to display the breaking news items. It reads HTML data, but was created mostly for displaying simple messages with a few pictures and the like. It does not support the majority of the tags that HTML has. Further, some of the attributes that HTML tags can have are not supported. In short, only a restrictive subset of HTML is supported (unknown tags are simply ignored).

Lastly, as there is a 2 KB limit to the size of the data it will display, it is best to only use the tags and formats that are supported by the UI object.
    My Wow Is an unhacked version and it works for me

My Wow Is an unhacked version and it works for me
    GlueStrings.lua is one of the files that the client does a signature check for. So unless you have a way of signing your patches with the Blizzard certificate (or a hack thereof), the only way I know of is to have the client patched so as not to perform the check.

I would take a serious look at the copy of your client, because it sounds like it has been hacked to me.

If you can provide a download link, I'd be curious to do a binary comparison of your executable with both a hacked version and an un-hacked original.

AshamaneCore Contributer

GlueStrings.lua is one of the files that the client does a signature check for. So unless you have a way of signing your patches with the Blizzard certificate (or a hack thereof), the only way I know of is to have the client patched so as not to perform the check.

I would take a serious look at the copy of your client, because it sounds like it has been hacked to me.

If you can provide a download link, I'd be curious to do a binary comparison of your executable with both a hacked version and an un-hacked original.
    sure i will PM you the link

Well, what you provided was a torrent. That exe is not hacked, that is true, but it also gives the error when trying to use it with a modified GlueStrings.lua.

How about providing the actual executable that you have on your machine.

Okay. For the record, the exe you provided is definately modified. Interestingly, not the same modifications as what the patch program I linked in the guide provides.

Okay. For the record, the exe you provided is definately modified. Interestingly, not the same modifications as what the patch program I linked in the guide provides.
    It's starting to sound a bit interesting. Do you have any ideas as to what the exe may have been modified to do?

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    It's starting to sound a bit interesting. Do you have any ideas as to what the exe may have been modified to do?
    Not really looked, but I expect it is doing thevsame things, jusr in different parts of the code.