Welcome to AC Web.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AC Web Awards

Exclamation AC Web Awards

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    AC Web

Awards

AC Web for four years has been focused on user progression by rank. From titles such as 'Legendary' or 'Elite' up until the late 'Super Power User', we have provided a promising system governed by reputation points. This allowed many to contribute developing exclusive projects to AC Web and obtaining recognition through these points. But over the years we've seen more and more users hit the 'wall', the very last rank available. And once you've hit it, what's next?

Reputation is a great way to say thanks and appreciate one's efforts... but it can also be abused. So what if we could have another, additional system without bias, without corruption and with total fairness? Well, I introduce to you...

AC Web Awards.
    Now members of all ranks will have even more challenges to look forward to. AC Web Awards are our way of thanking and congratulating you for sticking with our ranks for so long. So here's how it works...

What are AC Web Awards?

The awards are like tokens for accomplishing various tasks all relating to your contributions in the community. When you have achieved an award, it is displayed in your profile and posts for the public to see. Other than the fact that each award is achieved independently, the main difference between awards and reputation is judgement. Because while the public while judge whether or not you should receive more reputation points, only moderators judge whether you should receive an award.

What does this mean? Nobody can cheat the awards system. It's 100% fair!

What awards can be obtained?

Thread of the Month - make the best thread of the entire month on AC Web to win this esteem award.
    Watcher - this award goes out to only the best consistent reporters of violating posts.
    Sentry - as an upgrade for Watcher, only the most esteem reporters can claim this jewel.
    Script Master - awarded to those who have coded the best scripts.
    Repack Shark - awarded to the only the greatest repack compilers.
    Support Guru - constantly help others on the forums to achieve this.
    Picasso - a magnificent prize for the most fit graphics entrepreneurs with stunning contributions.
    Signature of the Week - awarded to the certified winner of our SotW competition. (Expires in 7 days).
    Signature of the Month - awarded to the certified winner of our SotM competition and to the greatest signature of that month as chosen by the host. (Expires in 1 month).
    Competitor - win 3 official competitions to unlock this lucky star.
    Marathon - win 5 official competitions catch this prize.
    Chatterbox - reach over 5,000 posts before you lose your breath.
    Human Magnet - awarded to those who have reached at least 10 referrals.
    Megaphone - awarded to those who have reached at least 30 referrals!
    Magic Hat - for the entertainers of the masses, keep the community active and strong.
    Aficionado - generously donate a minimum of $45 to AC Web for this warm gift.
    ??? - be a strong contributor of the community and you may just coincidently unlock another award.

The moderators choose if you are worthy or not. Because the moderation team acts as one body, you should find decision making to be quite accurate. Do not harass moderators for these exclusive awards. That will only harm your chances. See how many you can collect, show off your profile showcase and compete for glory.

Click here to visit the Hall of Fame showcasing these fantastic prizes and their current owners.

So get those brains cracking and start contributing.
    Have fun.

TBA TBA TBA TBA TBA TBA

First!
    Awesomesauce!!

Awesome idea Unlimited, I actually came on it. Now I've finally got a reason to release projects again D:

I support this great job !

Sounds epic =D

Quote Originally Posted by Hilarious View Post
    First!
    Awesomesauce!!
    ^^ The whole idea or plan is Awesomesauce!

:O!!! good idea, Will give me somethign to do as well hehe

Nice feature ^^

I have been saying this for months ^.^

Does this come with an updated theme? The current one does not look good. At all.

Looks like im gonna begin contributing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Blyitgen View Post
    Looks like im gonna begin contributing again.
    Gief PHP tuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolferine View Post
    Gief PHP tuts.
    What kind of tutorial would you like? Anything you want to learn?

Quote Originally Posted by Blyitgen View Post
    What kind of tutorial would you like? Anything you want to learn?
    Eh not sure really. I know sessions, classes... whats left - File uploading & storing? Tag system?

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    I smell contribution rates rising already, awesome idea!