Welcome to AC Web.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking How to make and add custom items for a MaNGOS server.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Hey guys, just though I'd post something for the beginners

Step 1: Goto WoW Vendetta - Wage Your War | WoW-V.com

Step 2: Register, or Login if you already have an account.

Step 3: Press the "Create" button.

Step 4: Subjects will show up now: Pick one of the following, Ammo, Armor, Bags, Jewelry Vendor, Weapon, Mob/Npc, Junk, Loot, Book or Quest.

Step 5: Fill in everything it that the fields require. Please note that you can go to: Wowhead: OM NOM NOM for ID's on everything. For Display ID's just use the built in Display ID finder.

Step 6: When you're done click Download SQL Batch File, and pick you're core. Now select the folder you will save your SQL file to. Note that you can both save and share your items with the world. (Don't be a leecher!)

HOW TO ADD CUSTOM ITEMS TO YOUR DATABASE:
    (I will only tell you how to do this in Navicat since that's what I use)
    Step 1: Open up Navicat.

Step 2: Open the mangos database.

Step 3: Click "New Query"

Step 4: Load the SQL file you made and downloaded earlier.

Step 5: Click save, and name the Query, this really doesn't matter, just name it to something you'll remember.

Step 6: Now close Navicat and restart your server.

Step 7: Login and try to add your item, with the Entry ID, that you specified when you made your item.

I hope this helps guys

Alright I did all that but when i use it in game it says "Must Have Melee Weapon In Main Hand" or something like that.. how do I fix that?

BUMP very true, a person inside here he says that we must put the display id of the item as the id number of the item, is that true/?

i have a triple mango repack how do that work?

OMG make it more detailed >_<

how i can use that web with arcemu?

Please, I need help!

WoW Vendetta's (WoW-V.com)
    is not usually up to date. I'll haven't look at it just recently, but in many cases theyr SQL patches wont work.

Cause trinity/arcemu etc Databases are always evolving.

I doubt that even with more details, this would not do any good.

For HeidiSQL

So here goes my experience:

For things that relate to a skill or something, for instance bows and arrows for a hunter, or for rogues certain abilities require a one-handed weapon, 3.3.x has made life very difficult!

My best grasp of it is like this: The game knows not that your new item is a '1H sword' or whatever, only that it is 'item#xxx'. So it has predefined that, for instance, rogue spells will only work with weaponID #'s 'x,y and z'

Basically this means you must give your custom item an itemID that the game knows to be a proper item for what it is. 2 ways to do this: delete an existing item, and steal its itemID, OR go to http://pastebin.com/iA0X8YDw and use one of these itemIDs.

Only problem im having is getting the item to display properly. Seems to ignore whatever displayID i put in.

Anyway, so you've created your custom item. now you have 'mycustomitem-12345.sql' downloaded from wow-v.com

In heidisql, there should be an option to 'load sql file' in the import dropdown menu (which is in the menubar up top)

so now you can browse to, and doubleclick, your new item.

(I also found that i can simply double-click the wow-v item, and it opens up my heidisql, but, it opens a new instance for every item lol.)

Now you need to 'execute sql'. in my HeidiSQL there's a little blue triangle/arrow (in the toolbar), or you can press F9.

If you try to do it twice, you should get an error saying it already exists.

remember that if there's a problem with the item number, you can expand 'mangos' on the left, select 'item_template' and then in the big right-hand window there's a tab that says 'Data' click that, then click 'show all' for the entire list of items. now you can simply double-click an items id to change it, or delete items if you wish. if you do that, be sure to then click the green check in the toolbar (also CTRL+ENTER), to 'post' the change.

That's it! restart the server now.

edit: I went into HeidiSQL and picked a different ItemID and displayID for my custom item. after yet another restart, it seems to have worked the way it should.
    Last edited by akira6968; 10-27-2010 at 11:22 PM. Reason: solved: displayID

Ok guys for Trinity and Mangos you must do this ;

Go to you db and delete a Weapon ( lets say we deletedThis Sword whit id 50704 now go to :

WoW-V and make an item whit same Display id and same Entry Id and put in you db and after this you will not get that error whit meele weapon !
    Have Fun

Retired from Emulation

Quote Originally Posted by yey5ionut View Post
    Ok guys for Trinity and Mangos you must do this ;

Go to you db and delete a Weapon ( lets say we deletedThis Sword whit id 50704 now go to :

WoW-V and make an item whit same Display id and same Entry Id and put in you db and after this you will not get that error whit meele weapon !
    Have Fun

i thought making items via wow-v crashes your server :/
    or its on custom cores? :/

i never got crash because i add custom items from wow-v

Retired from Emulation

Quote Originally Posted by yey5ionut View Post
    i never got crash because i add custom items from wow-v
    that could be our custom core :/

bump

Super Power User

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by nmeagher23 View Post
    Alright I did all that but when i use it in game it says "Must Have Melee Weapon In Main Hand" or something like that.. how do I fix that?
    you need to make a patch for them in dbc