Welcome to AC Web.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    How to make a repack using Arcemu (By compiling)

1- Download and install

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008: Downloads

and

TortoiseSVN: Download | TortoiseSVN

When everything is installed and done follow the next step.

2- Make folders

Create a new folder on your desktop and call it Arcemu. Now make a new folder called whatever you want (Your repack name) in your local disc C and in this folder make a folder called: Arcemu. Now go to your desktop and open your recently Arcemu folder you made and right-click in it and then press SVN Checkout...
    Now a little window will pop-up so, now in the URL of repository write: svn://arcemu.info/svn/arcemu/ and then click ok. Now this will download the files for compile Arcemu this should take a while.When everything is done you are now able to follow the next part!

3- Libraries Download

Now you need to download the libraries i cannot explain alot but simply download here: Filebeam - Free Fast File Hosting
    While the download is making, i suggerate you to save this file on your desktop (To fit with the tutorial)

4- Applying Libraries

Now go to: C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/VC/Include/ (DO NOT CLOSE THE WINDOW NOW!)

Now open the Ascent-windows-libraries/VC/include copy all the files in this folder to: C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/VC/Include/

Now you will compile somes files you need. Go to: ascent-windows-libraries/Sources/ and open VC90-solution.sln

If you got another Microsoft Visual program this will ask you with wich program you want to open with, simply open it with C++.

Now at the top of the program you should see debug but change it to Release. Now click the tab Build then, build solution. If you did everything well you should get 0 failed! Close it and go to: ascent-windows-libraries/Sources/ there should get new folders and now find one called: Output_Release you will find 2 files, copy thoses to: C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/VC/lib/

Now go into: Ascent-windows-libraries/DLL Files/ in there you should see 2 files, so, with this copy them to: C:/YourRepackName/Arcemu/

5- Start Compiling Arcemu

Now go on your desktop and open the Arcemu folder, then trunk and win. Open: ArcemuVC90.sln open it with C++

Now at the top of the program you should see debug but change it to Release. Now click the tab Build then, build solution. Make sure everything is succeeded!

You now compiled Arcemu!

Now go to: Arcemu/trunk/src/scripts/ open scripts 2008 and make the same you made with ArcemuVC90.sln (Release and then build solution). Once everything is done go to: Arcemu/trunk/bin/release/ and copy everything you can see in it to: C:/YourRepackName/Arcemu/

If you want to add LUA files, make a folder called scripts and then add it in it! Now you need to get the .conf files if download it here: configs.rar this is setted to fit with the tutorial. Simply extract it and copy the configs folder to: C/YourRepackName/Arcemu/

6- Downloading The Ressources

Download MySQL from here: DOWNLOAD*NOW!

simply add the files in: C:/YourRepackName/

then go to Cystem/mysql/bin and open my with notepad. Remplace every YourRepackName by your repack name!

Now download the maps extractor!

enUS: AC Web - Downloads - enUS Map Extractor

enGB: AC Web - Downloads - enGB Map Extractor

When the download is done place the Ad.exe in your world of warcraft folder and then make a folder named maps then run Ad.exe. Wait for he finish to put the maps into the maps folder. Now from your world of warcraft directory copy the maps folder (containing the maps) into: C:/YourRepackName/Arcemu/

Now you need to get the DBC's! Download the DBC's extractor from here: AC Web - Downloads - DBC Extractor and then follow the readme in it! Now move the DBC folder to: C:/YourRepackName/Arcemu/

7- Finishing

Now exit and save. Download this: PUT THESES FILES IN ARCEMU FOLDER.rar and put it into: C:/YourRepackName/Arcemu/ if you don't your repack will not work! Now you simply need to go to: C:/YourRepackName/ and then open MySQL.bat after go in the Arcemu folder (In your repack) then open Arcemu-logonserver.exe and Arcemu-world.exe and you are done!

But, before go to your World of Warcraft folder and set the realmlist to 127.0.0.1 and open WoW and you are REALLY done!

8- Please TODO

If my tutorial have an error or you have something to submit or fix, i will be smily to do it! Thank you for following my tutorial!

9- Extras

If you want some extras there it is:

Extras Script_bin

SunSpellHandlers
    SunQuestScripts
    SunMiscScritps
    SunInstanceScripts
    SunGossipScripts
    SpellHandlers
    ServerStatusPlugin
    LUAScripting
    InstanceScripts
    GossipScripts
    ExtraScripts

Download: script_bin.rar
    Simply copy the Script_bin file to: C:/YourRepackName/Arcemu/ to get extras scripts

ALL Scripts

If you want ALL the scripts download it from here: scripts.rar extract it and put it into: C:/YourRepackName/Arcemu/

DBC

If you are getting problem with the DBC's part you can download the files from here: DBC.rar simply extract it and then place the DBC folder to: C:/YourRepackName/Arcemu/

Website

If you want a website follow this guide: [url]http://www.ac-web.org/forum/tutorials/17396-guide-setting-up-website-using-xampp.html[/url

If problems

If you are getting problem here you can download a repack named: YourRepackName. Simply rename the repack to your repack name you want then go to: C:/your new repack name/cystem/mysql/bin/ then open my.ini with notepad. Remplace all the YourRepackName by your new repack name you make

Download: DOWNLOAD*NOW!
    Last edited by zenathor; 08-25-2008 at 07:38 AM.

Professional Database Dev

actualt tht is IMBA verry nice and big guide-rep++

Thank you kingjune1st yea it's BIG to do
    Last edited by zenathor; 08-25-2008 at 06:50 AM.

-any time ;P - get sum comments here guys! he done alot of work

ALL the files from mediafire and filebeam are from me it's VERY loong seriously thnx kingjune1st +repp

wow O.o i got rep o.O

heehee

thanks zenathor this worked well! +rep

nope

Nice guide

thank you

tyvm ^^ big help

hello i dont know what iv done wrong but it wont let me start my server with logonserver and world it says an error message saying reinstall this application it may help

got 1 part working just getting another error
    Last edited by cazza; 08-25-2008 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Could you tell me more? And if you want go in the extras (in the tutorial) and download the repack for everyone! YourRepackName

i done it the other way then done yourrepackname
    but still none work i fixed the first problem i forgot 3.5 framework
    but the second is when i try open world i get an error sayin
    access denied for user root local host useing password yes anyhelp
    iv had this before but forgot how 2 fix it help please il +rep

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    restart your PC