Welcome to AC Web.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NPC / Item / SQL file creator

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Hey all,
    Not sure what to call this, but I'm working on a tool that lets you create SQL files for NPCs, Items, and more, so that you don't have to edit the database manually.
    So far I am about done with the NPC creator, but it will probably only work on AscEmu. However, I'm considering working on other cores as well.
    This is partly inspired by WoW-V that some of you may remember from many years ago

Creator Tools on http://wow.draconequus.com/
    Please let me know if you have any feedback / ideas / requests. Thanks!

Update - 2020/10/17
    The new design is finally done! Coming up next is TrinityCore stuff!
    Last edited by marco; 10-17-2020 at 06:27 PM.

Teacher of everything

Thanks for the contribution - maybe useful for some people. I think when adding TrinityCore support you gonna have some more attention.

Thanks for the idea I was indeed considering doing TrinityCore next. Good to hear it's still a popular choice!

Everything that Psykko said mate its a nice idea a nice contribution but if you do it on trinitycore a lot more people will use it and SO you will get more feedback!

Web/SQL Dev & 3D Artist

Well done ! I have made several SQL Generators myself in the past but there was no one who could help support me with my project so had to pay for the hosting myself and it was too expensive for me so i had to shutdown my site long time ago. But i hope your site will stay online for a longer time and that you get help with payment or that you have enough money to keep the site alive. But i gotta be honest and say im not really a fan of the design and font but i like that you can click on the tableheaders to see the information for each field. I think it would be even better if you display tooltip on mouseover so users wont have to click and scroll to top every time and then scroll back down again. But the idea is good.

Good luck with this project

Heya, sorry for the late response!
    I'm reworking the design and functionalities, and I think you guys are really gonna love it. It resembles how Wow-v was, at least in the way the creator system worked.

After this I'm getting right into TrinityCore support. I'm just not too familiar with their database, so it might take a bit of research and testing. But any advice is welcome

If you want to have a peek at how it's looking so far, it's right here: http://wow.draconequus.com/test

Quote Originally Posted by brunolopes View Post
    Everything that Psykko said mate its a nice idea a nice contribution but if you do it on trinitycore a lot more people will use it and SO you will get more feedback!
    Thank you very much! It's good to hear what the people want, makes it easier to decide what to focus on next.

Quote Originally Posted by Tok124 View Post
    Well done ! I have made several SQL Generators myself in the past but there was no one who could help support me with my project so had to pay for the hosting myself and it was too expensive for me so i had to shutdown my site long time ago. But i hope your site will stay online for a longer time and that you get help with payment or that you have enough money to keep the site alive. But i gotta be honest and say im not really a fan of the design and font but i like that you can click on the tableheaders to see the information for each field. I think it would be even better if you display tooltip on mouseover so users wont have to click and scroll to top every time and then scroll back down again. But the idea is good.

Good luck with this project
    Heya, I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your projects, it really sucks when money gets in the way of your passions... And it's understandbly difficult to get people to donate.
    Thank you for the concern. To be honest, I think it shouldn't be a problem for me. It's a domain that I have had for many years and I have no plans to stop it anytime soon. I assume not too many people will be using the tool, but we'll see what the future brings!
    Also thank you very much for the constructive criticism! You're completely right that the design doesn't look too appealing, and the information part would indeed be nicer to have as a mouseover window instead. I'm currently working on the new design and taking your advice into account
    Last edited by marco; 10-15-2020 at 12:44 AM.

Web/SQL Dev & 3D Artist

I look forward to see the updates !

Btw, One thing i did for my sql generator which was kinda unique was that i calculated min-damage and max-damage from dps and speed. So instead of letting users write their min damage and max-damage and speed they only write whatever dps they want weapon to have and whatever speed they wanna have and the damage will be calculated so that the weapon will have that dps.

I did it like this
    PHP Code:
    <?php 
    $dps 
    $_POST['dps'];
    $speed $_POST['speed']/1000;
    $min = (($dps $speed) - (200 400)/2);
    $max = (($dps $speed) + (200 400)/2);

$stmt $conn->prepare("INSERT INTO item_template (dmg_min1, dmg_max1, delay) VALUES (?, ?, ?)");
    $stmt->bind_param("iii",$min,$max,$_POST['speed']);
    $stmt->execute();
    It really makes it easier when making the items. Usually 2 handed weapons have slow speed and one handed weapons is faster. But 2 handed weapons usually have slightly more dps than 1 handed weapons. I found it to be difficult to make sure that the dps of 2 handed weapon would be slightly more than the 1 handed weapon. So this is why i added this for my sql generator so that i can always make sure that the 2 handed weapon will have slightly more dps than the 1 handed weapon.
    Last edited by Tok124; 10-16-2020 at 12:25 PM.

The new design is live now! With the NPC creator for AscEmu fully working.
    Next I'll try to focus on TrinityCore stuff before moving on to more AscEmu and other things.

I look forward to see the updates !

Btw, One thing i did for my sql generator which was kinda unique was that i calculated min-damage and max-damage from dps and speed. So instead of letting users write their min damage and max-damage and speed they only write whatever dps they want weapon to have and whatever speed they wanna have and the damage will be calculated so that the weapon will have that dps.

I did it like this
    PHP Code:
    <?php 
    $dps 
    $_POST['dps'];
    $speed $_POST['speed']/1000;
    $min = (($dps $speed) - (200 400)/2);
    $max = (($dps $speed) + (200 400)/2);

$stmt $conn->prepare("INSERT INTO item_template (dmg_min1, dmg_max1, delay) VALUES (?, ?, ?)");
    $stmt->bind_param("iii",$min,$max,$_POST['speed']);
    $stmt->execute();
    It really makes it easier when making the items. Usually 2 handed weapons have slow speed and one handed weapons is faster. But 2 handed weapons usually have slightly more dps than 1 handed weapons. I found it to be difficult to make sure that the dps of 2 handed weapon would be slightly more than the 1 handed weapon. So this is why i added this for my sql generator so that i can always make sure that the 2 handed weapon will have slightly more dps than the 1 handed weapon.
    That is indeed a quite unique and amazing idea. I haven't seen that before.
    Thank you very much for sharing your idea with me, if you don't mind I'd like to include it in the weapon creator.
    I'd probably make it so that people could choose whether they want to fill in the damage and speed or the DPS.

Thank you for your awesome work. I also have to thank Tok124 for his helpful thoughts.
    Maybe you'll consider adding AzerothCore to your project.
    https://github.com/azerothcore
    Last edited by mindsear; 10-17-2020 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mindsear View Post
    Thank you for your awesome work.
    Maybe you'll consider adding AzerothCore to your project.
    https://github.com/azerothcore
    Thank you!
    I was indeed also thinking about AzerothCore, it just might take a while before everything is done.

Web/SQL Dev & 3D Artist

Quote Originally Posted by marco View Post
    The new design is live now! With the NPC creator for AscEmu fully working.
    Next I'll try to focus on TrinityCore stuff before moving on to more AscEmu and other things.

That is indeed a quite unique and amazing idea. I haven't seen that before.
    Thank you very much for sharing your idea with me, if you don't mind I'd like to include it in the weapon creator.
    I'd probably make it so that people could choose whether they want to fill in the damage and speed or the DPS.
    Yeah sure, You are free to use the idea however you like And yeah i actually did the same thing myself. At first i added only so they can choose DPS but i decided to improve it and give the user an option to choose either to set damage or dps.

- - - Updated - - -

Also. Now that you have updated design i see you added a link to wowhead. There is a problem with that. Wowhead is for BFA and some items have been deleted and/or changed. My recommendation is to make a DisplayID Finder Tool. You can do this using AJAX. So as the user writes the name of an item, results will be shown in a table below the search box. It will give a list of item names. And if you hover over the item you see tooltip of the item. To get the tooltip you can use this https://wotlk.evowow.com/?tooltips so you dont have to send the user to wowhead or any other database sites. You can display the entry, itemname and displayid directly on your site.

If you want some example code to play around with i can fix it for you

- - - Updated - - -

Here you have an AJAX Example btw. You can use the same idea just edit that code and instead of using a select box you use a text input
    https://www.w3schools.com/js/js_ajax_database.asp

- - - Updated - - -

I made a youtube video a while ago of my latest SQL Generator which had this tool. You can have a look to get a better understanding
    https://youtu.be/UtYIe1VnwmA?t=46
    Last edited by Tok124; 10-17-2020 at 10:38 PM.

Yeah sure, You are free to use the idea however you like And yeah i actually did the same thing myself. At first i added only so they can choose DPS but i decided to improve it and give the user an option to choose either to set damage or dps.

- - - Updated - - -

Also. Now that you have updated design i see you added a link to wowhead. There is a problem with that. Wowhead is for BFA and some items have been deleted and/or changed. My recommendation is to make a DisplayID Finder Tool. You can do this using AJAX. So as the user writes the name of an item, results will be shown in a table below the search box. It will give a list of item names. And if you hover over the item you see tooltip of the item. To get the tooltip you can use this https://wotlk.evowow.com/?tooltips so you dont have to send the user to wowhead or any other database sites. You can display the entry, itemname and displayid directly on your site.

If you want some example code to play around with i can fix it for you

- - - Updated - - -

Here you have an AJAX Example btw. You can use the same idea just edit that code and instead of using a select box you use a text input
    https://www.w3schools.com/js/js_ajax_database.asp

- - - Updated - - -

I made a youtube video a while ago of my latest SQL Generator which had this tool. You can have a look to get a better understanding
    https://youtu.be/UtYIe1VnwmA?t=46
    Hey, thank you!

That is indeed a great idea. I was looking for something similar but couldn't really find any guides on it, and went with the WoWHead links for now.
    The DisplayID tool I remember from WoW-V was super convenient, and the one shown in your video as well. Thanks for the link. Your website looked great BTW :O
    Unfortunately my knowledge of JavaScript and PhP are very limited. The W3Schools Ajax database example is pretty well explained, but I'm really not sure how you'd go from there to importing the EvoWoW database.

If you'd be able to create an example I would be very grateful. But only if it doesn't take much of your time. I'd probably figure it out eventually.

Web/SQL Dev & 3D Artist

Hey, thank you!

That is indeed a great idea. I was looking for something similar but couldn't really find any guides on it, and went with the WoWHead links for now.
    The DisplayID tool I remember from WoW-V was super convenient, and the one shown in your video as well. Thanks for the link. Your website looked great BTW :O
    Unfortunately my knowledge of JavaScript and PhP are very limited. The W3Schools Ajax database example is pretty well explained, but I'm really not sure how you'd go from there to importing the EvoWoW database.

If you'd be able to create an example I would be very grateful. But only if it doesn't take much of your time. I'd probably figure it out eventually.
    Yeah sure man. I can create you an example of how to use it. It will be ready for you to just copy/paste to your own site after editing the database connection info I write to you in PM tomorrow

- - - Updated - - -

Btw you may have to edit the query aswell since i have a TrinityCore database. I dont have any database for AscEmu. AscEmu is kinda dead project so im not really sure about the database structure or table names for AscEmu. i used ArcEmu when i first started develop private servers 10 years ago. But i dont remember anything from that time lol

Yeah sure man. I can create you an example of how to use it. It will be ready for you to just copy/paste to your own site after editing the database connection info I write to you in PM tomorrow

- - - Updated - - -

Btw you may have to edit the query aswell since i have a TrinityCore database. I dont have any database for AscEmu. AscEmu is kinda dead project so im not really sure about the database structure or table names for AscEmu. i used ArcEmu when i first started develop private servers 10 years ago. But i dont remember anything from that time lol
    That's really awesome of you, much appreciated!
    Whenever it suits you, no rush.

It will probably be alright. I'm primarily gonna work on TrinityCore right now, and then think of the others.
    AscEmu is actually still very much alive, but it's just a small team, so the progress is much slower
    But we'll figure it out!
    10 years, it has been a long time hasn't it... The good old days. I also gained interest in private server stuff around that time, but never really ended up doing much with it.

Web/SQL Dev & 3D Artist

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    That's really awesome of you, much appreciated!
    Whenever it suits you, no rush.

It will probably be alright. I'm primarily gonna work on TrinityCore right now, and then think of the others.
    AscEmu is actually still very much alive, but it's just a small team, so the progress is much slower
    But we'll figure it out!
    10 years, it has been a long time hasn't it... The good old days. I also gained interest in private server stuff around that time, but never really ended up doing much with it.
    Kinda same with me actually. I made a server long time ago that i had public but after that i have just been helping people here on ac-web. So my experience comes from helping others. I know most people on this forum refuse to help out for free because its a waste of their time if they dont get anything for it. But truth is that you get so much back from it but yeah sure, It really does help with money. But anyway yeah it has been a really long time. It was much better before when this forum was more active. There was really some amazing people on this forum...

- - - Updated - - -

I have sent PM now with my DisplayID Finder Tool