Welcome to AC Web.

Stuck at "connected" when signing into localhost 1.12.1 Mangos server

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    This is my second time attempting to submit a thread as my last one disappeared, so here goes. I've attempted to use two separate repacks to run a 1.12.1 server, both utilizing Mangos Zero with mySQL servers that are included. The two repacks are "Drums of War" and "AlterWoW Blizzlike 1.12.1 Repack". I'm able to launch, create accounts, and sign in to both, but I get stuck at "connected" and then disconnected after a short time at that point. I am running the server and accessing on the same machine.

I've disabled firewall, antivirus, I've forwarded ports for the server and SQL, I've tried typing the "set realmlist 127.0.0.1" with any different combination of capitalization out of desperation, but none of it works. The AlterWoW SQL cmd prompt has no obvious errors, but the Drums of War one always has "ACE_INET_Addr::ACE_INET_Addr: 555.555.555.555: Authoritive: Host not found" on it.

Here are the realmd.conf and mangosd.conf files for each repack:

AlterWoW
    https://pastebin.com/MB6LGb98

Drums of War
    https://pastebin.com/vGU8C1LN

Here is what the SQL server cmd prompt windows say for each as well:

AlterWoW

______________________AlterWoW Blizzlike Vanilla Repack________________________
    _______________________________MySQL 5.5.22_____________________________________

MySQL is currently running. Please only close this window for shutdown.
    Please disregard any InnoDB or Plugin notices. They are unnecessary.
    After your server is shut off, press CTRL C to shut down this service.
    200923 7:13:44 [Note] Plugin 'FEDERATED' is disabled.
    200923 7:13:44 InnoDB: The InnoDB memory heap is disabled
    200923 7:13:44 InnoDB: Mutexes and rw_locks use Windows interlocked functions
    200923 7:13:44 InnoDB: Compressed tables use zlib 1.2.3
    200923 7:13:44 InnoDB: Initializing buffer pool, size = 100.0M
    200923 7:13:44 InnoDB: Completed initialization of buffer pool
    200923 7:13:44 InnoDB: highest supported file format is Barracuda.
    200923 7:13:44 InnoDB: Waiting for the background threads to start
    200923 7:13:45 InnoDB: 1.1.8 started; log sequence number 2105497
    200923 7:13:45 [Note] Event Scheduler: Loaded 0 events
    200923 7:13:45 [Note] bin\mysqld: ready for connections.
    Version: '5.5.22' socket: '' port: 3306 MySQL Community Server (GPL)

Drums of War

20007 [realm-daemon]
    <Ctrl-C> to stop.

Using configuration file realmd.conf.
    Login Database total connections: 2
    MySQL client library: 5.5.40
    MySQL server ver: 5.5.40
    MySQL client library: 5.5.40
    MySQL server ver: 5.5.40
    ACE_INET_Addr::ACE_INET_Addr: 555.555.555.555: Authoritive: Host not found
    Added realm id 1, name 'Drums of War'
    realmd process priority class set to HIGH

running amongst ghouls ..

Living in real time, dreaming in digits, thinking in binary, talking in melody.
    What does "realmlist" table at "realmd" DB has as an entry for the realmlist/ip of the server?
    555.555.555.555 - is not a valid IP/realmlist.

Web/SQL Dev & 3D Artist

I wouldnt recommend to disable your antivirus and firewall. Better to add rules for the ports in firewall and antivirus. But anyway, Thats not the issue. The issue seems to be what AwkwardDev pointed out that 555.555.555.555 is not a valid ip/realmlist

I guess my hang up then is that I am unsure of how to edit DBs. It's been probably 10 years since I've messed with a private server (I did have one running back in the day I was able to edit NPCs and whatnot with a program I can't recall), so I am looking at mySQL workbench with fresh, unfamiliar eyes. I don't think it was an SQL connection program I used back then but maybe it was. Is there a better program to just open and edit DBs if I can't manage to connect to an SQL server with the username/password specified in the repack?

Appreciate the information btw

edit: Tried connecting with mySQL workbench but it crashes or gets hung at "Opening SQL Editor" - "An SQL editor instance for '' is opening and should be available in a moment. Please stand by..." so I'm at a loss. I'm not sure how I can't just change the IP from 555.555.555.555 which it shouldn't be in the first place
    Last edited by Kushakd; 09-24-2020 at 02:25 AM.

Web/SQL Dev & 3D Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Kushakd View Post
    I guess my hang up then is that I am unsure of how to edit DBs. It's been probably 10 years since I've messed with a private server (I did have one running back in the day I was able to edit NPCs and whatnot with a program I can't recall), so I am looking at mySQL workbench with fresh, unfamiliar eyes. I don't think it was an SQL connection program I used back then but maybe it was. Is there a better program to just open and edit DBs if I can't manage to connect to an SQL server with the username/password specified in the repack?

Appreciate the information btw
    I personally prefer HeidiSQL to manage the database. It's the easiest to use in my opinion but most beginners start with Navicat Lite so i guess Navicat may be more userfriendly. I started with that myself 10 years ago. But i would never in my life go back to using Navicat. I love heidiSQL

Quote Originally Posted by Tok124 View Post
    I personally prefer HeidiSQL to manage the database. It's the easiest to use in my opinion but most beginners start with Navicat Lite so i guess Navicat may be more userfriendly. I started with that myself 10 years ago. But i would never in my life go back to using Navicat. I love heidiSQL
    I actually had Heidi installed but that was before I just figured out maybe what I needed to be doing today so I'll see if I can get that to work real quick.

edit: WOW Heidi was easy and got me in. I see the 'local subnet mask' is set to 555.555.555.555' but if I change that to match my subnet mask from ipconfig (255.255.255.0), it gives errors that it can no longer connect.

This is in the realmd > realmlist DB that AwkwardDev mentioned. I'm guessing I'm changing it to the wrong value. Should it not match what my local subnet mask is?
    Last edited by Kushakd; 09-24-2020 at 02:39 AM.

Web/SQL Dev & 3D Artist

If you choose to go with HeidiSQL just open auth database and go over to the Query tab and run this query
    Code:
    UPDATE realmlist SET address = "127.0.0.1" WHERE id >= 1;
    If you want it public you may replace the 127.0.0.1 to your IP Address

- - - Updated - - -

Make sure your localAddress is also 127.0.0.1 it must always be 127.0.0.1 or i believe "localhost" may work aswell. But never use anything else other than this in localAddress

If you choose to go with HeidiSQL just open auth database and go over to the Query tab and run this query
    Code:
    UPDATE realmlist SET address = "127.0.0.1" WHERE id >= 1;
    If you want it public you may replace the 127.0.0.1 to your IP Address

- - - Updated - - -

Make sure your localAddress is also 127.0.0.1 it must always be 127.0.0.1 or i believe "localhost" may work aswell. But never use anything else other than this in localAddress
    Doesn't look to be an auth db, but in my realmd, it shows localAddress is 127.0.0.1, so that's right. If I change the subnet mask it just breaks, goes back to at least running with the error when I change it back to 555.555.555.555

edit: Here is the error it gives when launching after changing subnet mask. This is just for personal use btw no public access. If anything it'd be accessed from LAN by my roommate

Code:
    2020-09-23 21:50:33 20007 [realm-daemon]
    2020-09-23 21:50:33 <Ctrl-C> to stop.

2020-09-23 21:50:33 Using configuration file realmd.conf.
    2020-09-23 21:50:33 Login Database total connections: 2
    2020-09-23 21:50:35 ERROR:Could not connect to MySQL database at 127.0.0.1: Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10061)

2020-09-23 21:50:35 ERROR:Can not connect to database
    edit2: the port in realmlist shows "8085" but shows "3724" in realmd.conf for server port. I tried changing that to 3724 in the db but it still couldn't connect.
    Last edited by Kushakd; 09-24-2020 at 02:53 AM.

Web/SQL Dev & 3D Artist

Doesn't look to be an auth db, but in my realmd, it shows localAddress is 127.0.0.1, so that's right. If I change the subnet mask it just breaks, goes back to at least running with the error when I change it back to 555.555.555.555
    localSubnetMask should be 255.255.255.0 i believe

- - - Updated - - -

And yeah i forgot you were running some core for vanilla so yeah realmd is correct DB in your case

- - - Updated - - -

But anyway just try open cmd console and write ipconfig and hit enter. There you can always see your subnet mask

localSubnetMask should be 255.255.255.0 i believe

- - - Updated - - -

And yeah i forgot you were running some core for vanilla so yeah realmd is correct DB in your case

- - - Updated - - -

But anyway just try open cmd console and write ipconfig and hit enter. There you can always see your subnet mask
    Yeah that's where I found it, just the standard 255.255.255.0. I changed it to that and it not can't connect so at a loss.

Does it mean anything when it keeps saying "SQL Error (2002) in statement #2: Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10061)" when I try to make changes?

Web/SQL Dev & 3D Artist

Yeah that's where I found it, just the standard 255.255.255.0. I changed it to that and it not can't connect so at a loss.

Does it mean anything when it keeps saying "SQL Error (2002) in statement #2: Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10061)" when I try to make changes?
    i guess it could be wrong port or wrong password or something

- - - Updated - - -

For database you should use 3306

- - - Updated - - -

Make sure its same in your config files

Are you running on your own ISP network? Like why do you have to use localSubNetMask

- Here is my Auth realmlist in db https://prnt.sc/uq122p
    1- mostly be concerned about the address. this would be your ip from whatsmyipaddress.org or some shit idk what its TLR is.
    2- then use no-ip if you plan for incoming connections (Your friends or someone else)
    3- The port in here is 8085 because its pointing to your worldserver.exe config file.
    4- The port 3724 (Authentication) is generally mostly the only port that should be forwarded for tcp connections. 8085 can stay local so no need to connect to router for port editing this port.

- Your only connecting via localhost. So your set realmlist should be 127.0.0.1 in game file.
    1- You are also running a repack. Everything is set to run as should. Most editing needed is when changing db root password in both auth and worldserver.conf. Or connecting to the database as said above.
    Last edited by Eplisium; 09-29-2020 at 03:34 PM.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    I'm not sure why none of my replies are sending. I've tried to send a reply twice now. Hilariously, I've just loaded a completely separate TBC (2.4.3) repack and I have the same issue. Something is seriously amiss with this bc I'm getting stuck at connected no matter what repack I run locally.

Is there some sort of log I can see exactly what is happening here? I've yet to find anything like that, but this is incredible at this point.