Welcome to AC Web.

How to make a neutral mall for H/A

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Hello guys, I'm running a 2.4.3 server, but I need a place for horde and alliance sharing there, I won't use the normal sanctuary places, how can I do another site a neutral one?

Quote Originally Posted by unknowxaxa View Post
    Hello guys, I'm running a 2.4.3 server, but I need a place for horde and alliance sharing there, I won't use the normal sanctuary places, how can I do another site a neutral one?
    Look for 'Gadgetzan' and then copy/paste

Gadgetzan ins't a neutral place

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by molinita View Post
    Look for 'Gadgetzan' and then copy/paste
    Gadgetzan ins't a neutral place

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Gadgetzan

Gadgetzan is a neutral goblin-made trading outpost...
    What you mean?

Bruh

Quote Originally Posted by molinita View Post
    You can still fight there, horde vs alliance.
    He wants to make it a Sanctuary such as Dalaran, Shattrat City.

Areatable.dbc look it up on wowdev and make your area a sanctuary.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayiko View Post
    You can still fight there, horde vs alliance.
    He wants to make it a Sanctuary such as Dalaran, Shattrat City.
    Yes exactly, is what I need, to make a sanctuary like shattrath, but allow duel there! Thanks for trying, but gadgetzan is not an option.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kobiesan View Post
    Areatable.dbc look it up on wowdev and make your area a sanctuary.
    there must be some way without doing dbc edit ??

Yes exactly, is what I need, to make a sanctuary like shattrath, but allow duel there! Thanks for trying, but gadgetzan is not an option.

- - - Updated - - -

Only way to do it without a dbc edit is with guards like Gadgetzan or some sort of custom script that makes players unnattackable in your area. Maybe a script that gives everyone a divine intervention-like aura if they're in the area.

Edit: Here's a better solution. You don't need a custom patch for the sanctuary edits in the dbc to work. Players won't see that it's a sanctuary but the effects of being a sanctuary will still affect them. Just need the flag 840 in column 5 of areatable.dbc to make it a sanctuary with duels enabled.
    Last edited by Kobiesan; 08-07-2020 at 01:06 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kobiesan View Post
    Only way to do it without a dbc edit is with guards like Gadgetzan or some sort of custom script that makes players unnattackable in your area. Maybe a script that gives everyone a divine intervention-like aura if they're in the area.

Edit: Here's a better solution. You don't need a custom patch for the sanctuary edits in the dbc to work. Players won't see that it's a sanctuary but the effects of being a sanctuary will still affect them. Just need the flag 840 in column 5 of areatable.dbc to make it a sanctuary with duels enabled.
    or simply, put a BLACK LIVES MATTER text in the middle, neutrality for the win

running amongst ghouls ..

Living in real time, dreaming in digits, thinking in binary, talking in melody.

Of course there is, the DBC files are fetched from the core, you can create a custom C++ script makes any zone/area you'd like a sanctuary, if memory serves me right it has to do with flags.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardDev View Post
    Of course there is, the DBC files are fetched from the core, you can create a custom C++ script makes any zone/area you'd like a sanctuary, if memory serves me right it has to do with flags.
    New news ... I managed to make a neutral mall, but I didn't get duels allowed there, and that's exactly what I don't want. I need duels to be allowed there.

Funserver Grandmaster

New news ... I managed to make a neutral mall, but I didn't get duels allowed there, and that's exactly what I don't want. I need duels to be allowed there.
    I think the ironic part is that this is a very old issue that many people have done, In fact I helped someone solve this issue a decade ago, lemme brb to see if I cant find the answer for you, but its definitely a different flag than shattrath.

brb

Edit: back!

here check this out: https://trinitycore.atlassian.net/wi...9959/AreaTable

it says in column 5, theres a bunch of hex codes that are basically flags for the zone. You go to yours and make sure its got
    Code:
    0x00000040

AREA_FLAG_ALLOW_DUELS

allow to duel here
    but also

Code:
    0x00000800

AREA_FLAG_SANCTUARY

sanctuary area (PvP disabled)
    So the full flag with nothing else, would be 0x840

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardDev View Post
    Yeah, I'm 90% sure it's some ByteFlag

Reference:
    Code:
    // byte (1 from 0..3) of UNIT_FIELD_BYTES_2
    enum UnitPVPStateFlags : uint8
    {
        UNIT_BYTE2_FLAG_PVP         = 0x01,
        UNIT_BYTE2_FLAG_UNK1        = 0x02,
        UNIT_BYTE2_FLAG_FFA_PVP     = 0x04,
        UNIT_BYTE2_FLAG_SANCTUARY   = 0x08,
        UNIT_BYTE2_FLAG_UNK4        = 0x10,
        UNIT_BYTE2_FLAG_UNK5        = 0x20,
        UNIT_BYTE2_FLAG_UNK6        = 0x40,
        UNIT_BYTE2_FLAG_UNK7        = 0x80
    };
    Last edited by runemaster; 08-10-2020 at 03:42 AM.

Hi, thanks for your help. I have already reached that point, but I wonder which one is appropriate to add that is a sanctuary and at the same time / allow duels. Could you give me an example please? there is the place where I want to do what is quel'talas. we did a sanctuary there, but we couldn't allow duels.

what's the new step? THANKS!!

2037,0,0,796,0x40,0,0,0,0,0,0,"Quel'thalas",,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,0xFF01FE,0x0,0,,,0,-500.0,0.0,
    Last edited by unknowxaxa; 08-11-2020 at 02:56 AM.

Funserver Grandmaster

Hi, thanks for your help. I have already reached that point, but I wonder which one is appropriate to add that is a sanctuary and at the same time / allow duels. Could you give me an example please? there is the place where I want to do what is quel'talas. we did a sanctuary there, but we couldn't allow duels.

what's the new step? THANKS!!

2037,0,0,796,0x40,0,0,0,0,0,0,"Quel'thalas",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,0xFF01FE ,0x0,0,,,0,-500.0,0.0,
    Quote Originally Posted by runemaster View Post

here check this out: https://trinitycore.atlassian.net/wi...9959/AreaTable

it says in column 5, theres a bunch of hex codes that are basically flags for the zone. You go to yours and make sure its got
    Code:
    0x00000040

AREA_FLAG_ALLOW_DUELS

allow to duel here
    but also

Code:
    0x00000800

AREA_FLAG_SANCTUARY

sanctuary area (PvP disabled)
    So the full flag with nothing else, would be 0x840

Ok so, you see that fourth field that begins with 0x? That's a hex code that tells the game what flag that specific area has. As you can see it already has 0x40, which as I previously stated means duels are allowed, but you also see it LACKS the 0x800 flag, So all you have to do, is add them together. But, uh oh! They're hex code, not analog numbers so open up your Calculator tool on your computer, then click the settings box and switch it to Programmer!

Then you will need to click the section that says "HEX"

Then punch in "800 + 40" and you'll get 840. Or in this case, 0x840, which is what you'll need to have.

So you take
    2037,0,0,796,0x40,0,0,0,0,0,0,"Quel'thalas",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,0xFF01FE ,0x0,0,,,0,-500.0,0.0,
    and make it
    2037,0,0,796,0x840,0,0,0,0,0,0,"Quel'thalas",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,0xFF01FE ,0x0,0,,,0,-500.0,0.0,
    Last edited by runemaster; 08-11-2020 at 06:53 AM.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Ok so, you see that fourth field that begins with 0x? That's a hex code that tells the game what flag that specific area has. As you can see it already has 0x40, which as I previously stated means duels are allowed, but you also see it LACKS the 0x800 flag, So all you have to do, is add them together. But, uh oh! They're hex code, not analog numbers so open up your Calculator tool on your computer, then click the settings box and switch it to Programmer!

Then punch in "800 + 40" and you'll get 840. Or in this case, 0x840, which is what you'll need to have.

So you take

and make it
    I'm going to try this mate! as soon as I have news, I will notify you. thanks I hope and it works! very well explained, it just needs to work.

Taking advantage of the situation and your knowledge ... I would like to ask you a question. I have a transmog NPC on my server. which works perfectly using gold, but when I decide to add a TOKEN. If I don't have this token, the NPC tells me that I don't have a token to use it. Ok, so in that case, I added the tokens to my bags, but the NPC does not do any action, it does not change my appearance, what could that be?

- - - Updated - - -

So you take

and make it
    I was excited with this answer, but it din't worked.
    Last edited by unknowxaxa; 08-11-2020 at 08:03 AM.