Welcome to AC Web.
    Light of the Crusade

Arrow Issue with aggro ranges

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    There seems to be an issue with aggro ranges. I double checked worldconfig values, all set to blizzlike.

It appears as if exp = 0 and exp = 2 make a big difference in aggro range (which doesn't make much sense to me, but it's what is happening). For exp = 0 you'd really have to stick to the creature to pull them (Even bosses), as if they are grayed-level creatures.

Apart from that, some blizzlike bosses have wonky aggro ranges like marrowgar, im pretty sure this is an incorrect aggro range in accordance with blizzlike standards.

Some screenshots to illustrate:
    1- Exp = 2 | Blizzlike icc marrowgar: https://prnt.sc/t6t7xl
    2- Exp = 0 | Custom boss npc: https://prnt.sc/t6t96y

TL;DR: Aggro range is too low, it should be wider/farther
    Last edited by SinisterX; 06-26-2020 at 09:36 AM.

Light of the Crusade

Thread still open for possible solutions

Light of the Crusade

bump

Light of the Crusade

bump

Innovation & Emulation

I'm not entirely sure what you are after. I ended up increasing aggro range using TrinityCore 3.3.5, which is configurable in the worldserver config.

Code:
    #
    #    Rate.Creature.Aggro
    #        Description: Aggro radius percentage.
    #        Default:     1   - (Enabled, 100%)
    #                     1.5 - (Enabled, 150%)
    #                     0   - (Disabled, 0%)

Rate.Creature.Aggro = 2

Light of the Crusade

Quote Originally Posted by stoneharry View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what you are after. I ended up increasing aggro range using TrinityCore 3.3.5, which is configurable in the worldserver config.

Code:
    #
    #    Rate.Creature.Aggro
    #        Description: Aggro radius percentage.
    #        Default:     1   - (Enabled, 100%)
    #                     1.5 - (Enabled, 150%)
    #                     0   - (Disabled, 0%)

Rate.Creature.Aggro = 2
    The aggro ranges work as intended (long ranges) when lower levels are nearby higher level creatures. The issue lies primarily for level 80 encounters with other level 80s and bosses.

This means if I change the configuration to 2, the aggro radius will double for everyone involved: fixing it for level 80s, however the lower levels will pull from a distance that's much much farther away.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerc View Post
    The aggro ranges work as intended (long ranges) when lower levels are nearby higher level creatures. The issue lies primarily for level 80 encounters with other level 80s and bosses.

This means if I change the configuration to 2, the aggro radius will double for everyone involved: fixing it for level 80s, however the lower levels will pull from a distance that's much much farther away.
    Could it be that bosses have bigger models and thus closer aggro range (their circle on the ground when you target them is larger)? Could it be that aggro ranges are calculated from the edge of that circle rather than from the center?

Light of the Crusade

It's most likely calculated from the center. Doesn't make sense otherwise.

I've stumbled upon this thread: https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/issues/17181

Apparently they were claiming aggro ranges were too high before and it proven to be in his video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wCR...ature=youtu.be.
    The other expected behavior video is not accurate since the tank aggroes marrowgar, he wasn't "naturally" pulled onto the player within the aggro range.

TLDR; the current aggro rage at the moment is too close, and it was apparently too far before.
    Last edited by SinisterX; 08-03-2020 at 02:03 PM.

https://github.com/playAnotherWay/Avalon/issues/122
    which may explain why Marrowgar can be body-pulled from relatively-close (see video again) considering he's a Raid Boss (Level 83), given that previously-given data would indicate he would've had +3yd added to his Aggro Radius on L80 Players.

Update: After a while of playing, I can confirm that Aggro Range so far seems to be working as intended -- same-Level Mobs pull at ~20yd, scaled by 1yd for every Level in difference. Haven't tested vertical Aggro Range as the quoted note describes yet (or I just haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary).
    Mentioned from the post you've linked.

Light of the Crusade

Quote Originally Posted by molinita View Post
    https://github.com/playAnotherWay/Avalon/issues/122

Mentioned from the post you've linked.
    Seems like Marrowgar pulls at a ~26.6yd distance.
    Custom bosses still pulling at a ~21.5 yd distance with the same exp(2), same level(83) and creature flags.

Not sure why this discrepancy exists. Anyone got a clue?
    Last edited by SinisterX; 08-09-2020 at 01:18 AM.

Light of the Crusade

The pull distance should be around 23 yards, according to the github reponse since the bosses are level 83:
    same-Level Mobs pull at ~20yd, scaled by 1yd for every Level in difference.
    It is currently at 21.5yds (Exact 2D & 3D ranges) for a level 80 player pulling a level 83 boss.

I'm unsure if the guy on github was talking about (2D & 3D ranges :: The non-exact ones). I checked with grey mobs, the non-exact value equates to exactly 5.

Mobs of your same level are pulled at 19.12 (2D & 3D) // 21.37 (Exact 2D & 3D value).

The problem persists with bosses at end game. In which case the aggro is 18.23 yards (2D & 3D) // 21.5yards (Exact 2D & 3D). Which is a low range for bosses.
    Last edited by SinisterX; 08-24-2020 at 04:24 PM.

running amongst ghouls ..

Living in real time, dreaming in digits, thinking in binary, talking in melody.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Interesting issue, after the reports. I need to revisit the avalon bug tracker, would be fun to see what's the cause.