Welcome to AC Web.

Making two items count towards the same set item

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    I'm trying to make a core edit so that two items with the same name but slightly different stats are counted as the same item in the item set when equipped.

For example, let's say Footman's Boots are a green item with +1 strength / +1 stamina. There's also another Footman's Boots that are a rare item with +2 strength / + 2 stamina. With the current itemset implementation these are different items and the rare Footman's Boots wont count towards the green Footman's Boots set and vice versa. I want them both to count towards the same set.

I attempted a core edit but I feel I'm missing quite a bit and not even on the correct track. If anyone could provide assistance I'd greatly appreciate it.

Here's what I attempted in Player.cpp

Code:
    void AddItemsSetItem(Player* player, Item* item)
    {
        ItemTemplate const* proto = item->GetTemplate();
        uint32 setid = proto->ItemSet;

ItemSetEntry const* set = sItemSetStore.LookupEntry(setid);

if (!set)
        {
            for (uint32 setItem = 0; setItem < MAX_ITEM_SET_ITEMS; ++setItem)
            {
                if (proto->Name1.compare(set->itemId[setItem])) // Error on this line
                    break;
                else if (setItem == MAX_ITEM_SET_ITEMS)
                {
                    TC_LOG_ERROR("sql.sql", "Item set %u for item (id %u) not found, mods not applied.", setid, proto->ItemId);
                    return;
                }
            }
        }

Not sure how to do it, but I would recommend looking at the Gladiator gear (since I am pretty sure they are different items counting towards the same set). GL.

~Frathir

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by frathir View Post
    Not sure how to do it, but I would recommend looking at the Gladiator gear (since I am pretty sure they are different items counting towards the same set). GL.

~Frathir
    Turns out it already had this functionality and I didn't need to change anything.