Welcome to AC Web.

New Stat Type for Wrath

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Hey,
    I've been thinking about adding a new stat to wotlk. (For example, think Mastery in cata, or, for a further example, a stat that would give single-target spells some amount of splash damage.) I'm curious as to whether anyone has done this before, or whether anyone can tell me what work such a task would involve.
    I've been looking through statsystem.cpp, which does not seem too complex, although I'm sure there is more to adding a new stat than just modifying it. If anyone has any information on what else would be involved, please let me know!
    Best,
    GnarBroK

running amongst ghouls ..

Living in real time, dreaming in digits, thinking in binary, talking in melody.
    Hmm, it can be done however thought should be given to client side mods vs server side mods/coding. In order for the stat to be displayed fully blizzlikely as other stats a client mod is necessary. However the stat itself can be passed onto the players in a different way which doesn't necessarily involve a client mod of this scale.

Funserver Grandmaster

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardDev View Post
    Hmm, it can be done however thought should be given to client side mods vs server side mods/coding. In order for the stat to be displayed fully blizzlikely as other stats a client mod is necessary. However the stat itself can be passed onto the players in a different way which doesn't necessarily involve a client mod of this scale.
    the display and auras can be done with dbc files for sure but you'd still need backend coding to tell it what to do. If its mastery he's after, it sounds to me almost like a spellscript for an aura.

I.E. increase frost damage by Mastery/10% or whatever.

If thats the case though arent you better off just making a talent that does something based off an existing stat and encourage them to stack it? Mastery is one of the more pointless stats.