Welcome to AC Web.

Spell Power and Attack Power question

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    So, now SP and AP stat is from Spell.dbc instead adding it as stat?

Is this replacing the stat system, I need to apply every item SP and AP as an spell or can I still use the stat system?

Any idea?

you can still add it on items as a stat if thats your question, it was introduced in WoTLK but before they were used as spells

Quote Originally Posted by Project2k14 View Post
    you can still add it on items as a stat if thats your question, it was introduced in WoTLK but before they were used as spells
    Won't this become obsolete? It's what I meant.

I remember using Trinity core older revs and items used stat system to apply sp, ap.
    Now, latest trinity uses spells. So that's why I'm asking.
    Last edited by molinita; 04-09-2020 at 02:48 PM.

I only noticed old items (TBC, Vanilla etc.) having added SP from Spells, Example Item: 50699 (added in WoTLK)

45 140
    7 103
    5 103
    36 90
    32 74
    spell IDs, none

I dont see a point in changing to spells? Unless you wanna slow yourself down massively

I only noticed old items (TBC, Vanilla etc.) having added SP from Spells, Example Item: 50699 (added in WoTLK)

45 140
    7 103
    5 103
    36 90
    32 74
    spell IDs, none

I dont see a point in changing to spells? Unless you wanna slow yourself down massively
    Bruh you missunderstanding me.
    I want to use stat system, but I noticed stat system is not used anymore, Items ap, sp, are becoming set by spells. It's annoying because yes it slows down massively.

I'm working with items lv 80 (required) and sp, ap is set via spell, so I'm asking if should I swap to stat system (Or stat system (ap,sp) will become obsolete?)

I must be missunderstanding you then, my TC version is from like 4 months ago and im completely satisfied with it
    Last edited by Project2k14; 04-09-2020 at 03:46 PM.

Code:
    TrinityCore rev. d4680bb2b250 2020-01-28 22:05:10 +0100 (3.3.5 branch) (Win64, Debug, Static) (worldserver-daemon)
    Tons of level required 80 items are beign set by spell (attack power, spell power) and not using stat system.

Of course Iwant to use stat system but what if stat system becomes obsolete?

I mean... I don't get the point of setting it via spell, it's fuckin annoying

Honestly the thought I got over the past years of TC updates either they wanna make emulating harder for newbies or make it easier for themselves and not notice how fucked it is for other people?
    Well I'd still set it by stat systems, since most bugs are fixed just dont update your core and keep it like u want it. This is my advice, exactly what I'm doing right now

Honestly the thought I got over the past years of TC updates either they wanna make emulating harder for newbies or make it easier for themselves and not notice how fucked it is for other people?
    Well I'd still set it by stat systems, since most bugs are fixed just dont update your core and keep it like u want it. This is my advice, exactly what I'm doing right now
    Yes, foreal. Could not agree more.

I will stay with this core, because my server is custom so don't see the point on getting latest revs.
    Sometimes they add pretty cool stuff, but, also they fuck up other stuff.

I mean... adding stat via spell? so fucking dumb, absolutely done to avoid custom stuff.

As my name indicates I started in 2014, I didnt have many issues with small core stuffs after a while and after taking a long break and returning in about 2018 with developing I noticed how much TC has changed and how much more difficult it has become. But thats just an assumption, who knows the real background story

Yea, I started back then, very very different from today revs.
    I won't lie, they also added pretty cool stuff, like smart_scripts.

They want to avoid newbie servers in my opinion. (to have more hardworked servers)

Derp of the herp dept.

They don't give a shit about newbie server.
    It's educational emulator made for educational reasons only.

It doesn't take any consideration on being a commercially stable hence they are rewriting systems without backwards compatibility.

It's up to you to take the source and alter it to your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamar View Post
    They don't give a shit about newbie server.
    It's educational emulator made for educational reasons only.

It doesn't take any consideration on being a commercially stable hence they are rewriting systems without backwards compatibility.

It's up to you to take the source and alter it to your needs.
    Wise words!

Also, on topic, @molinita what version of TC are you using? 3.3.5 or master branch? As the 3.3.5 is still using stat_type for attack/spell power. Some items, by blizzlike standards, just use spells for those stats still, so you can find a variety of both.

Also, even if its a spell or a stat from the db, both are applied using the same internal core stat system. Check ApplyAllItemStatBonuses (something like that) in Player.cpp.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulblast View Post
    Wise words!

Also, on topic, @molinita what version of TC are you using? 3.3.5 or master branch? As the 3.3.5 is still using stat_type for attack/spell power. Some items, by blizzlike standards, just use spells for those stats still, so you can find a variety of both.

Also, even if its a spell or a stat from the db, both are applied using the same internal core stat system. Check ApplyAllItemStatBonuses (something like that) in Player.cpp.
    Yea, but making a new spell into spell.dbc each time you make a new item is a pain in the ass.
    Also, you populating spell.dbc with no need.