Welcome to AC Web.

Question [SOLVED] Questions: Visual Spell Editor, "You have gained 1 talent point"

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Hi folks. I'm new at server editing and found a couple problems I'm having trouble solving on my own. If anyone has experience in this, would you please help guide me towards the answer?

1. How could I remove the chat text that says "You have gained 1 talent point" each time a player levels up? (I searched the source code but didn't find that string to comment out.)

2. In item/weapon/armor tooltips, it will show the required item level. If the player is not the right level, the required level will show as a red line of text. How would I change the color of that text to always be white text, not red?

3. I am using Stoneharrry's SpellEditor. I want to change the visual of some spells. Is there a website that shows what each possible visual looks like? I'm not sure how to use the SpellVisualMapBuilder.

Thanks !
    Last edited by Amscram; 04-11-2020 at 06:12 AM.

I think 1. & 2. are client-side.
    Maybe you gon' need to Olly-Dbg your WoW.exe

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    @molinita Thank you for the suggestion.

- - - Updated - - -

In case anyone searches for an answer to this, I found a solution to the text changing issue. I opened the locale-enUS.MPQ file inside the Data/enUS. Inside that, I edited the glueGlobalStrings.lua file located in Interface/FrameXML.

This is how you can change the a lot of the default text the game displays while playing.

I hope this helps!