Welcome to AC Web.

Cmake cannot find boost libraries

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    hey guys i have an error on cmake where it says it cannot find boost libraries, how can i fix this?

CMake Error at cmake/macros/FindBoost.cmake:1234 (message):
    Unable to find the requested Boost libraries.

Boost version: 1.60.0

Boost include path: C:/boost_1_66_0

Could not find the following static Boost libraries:

boost_system
    boost_filesystem
    boost_thread
    boost_program_options
    boost_iostreams
    boost_regex

No Boost libraries were found. You may need to set BOOST_LIBRARYDIR to the
    directory containing Boost libraries or BOOST_ROOT to the location of
    Boost. If you still have problems search on forum for TCE00020.
    Call Stack (most recent call first):
    dep/boost/CMakeLists.txt:50 (find_package)

Web Developer

Quote Originally Posted by brunolopes View Post
    hey guys i have an error on cmake where it says it cannot find boost libraries, how can i fix this?

CMake Error at cmake/macros/FindBoost.cmake:1234 (message):
    Unable to find the requested Boost libraries.

Boost version: 1.60.0

Boost include path: C:/boost_1_66_0

Could not find the following static Boost libraries:

boost_system
    boost_filesystem
    boost_thread
    boost_program_options
    boost_iostreams
    boost_regex

No Boost libraries were found. You may need to set BOOST_LIBRARYDIR to the
    directory containing Boost libraries or BOOST_ROOT to the location of
    Boost. If you still have problems search on forum for TCE00020.
    Call Stack (most recent call first):
    dep/boost/CMakeLists.txt:50 (find_package)
    It helps us to help you if you add some more info, like what have you done so far? Have you added boost library to environment variable? Did you download 32bit or 64bit version? Have you tried restarting cmake? From where did you download Boost Library? and so on

If you follow exactly how it's explained you would not have errors like these.

You forgot to install Boost, or, you did change your Boost install path (which is NOT recommended when installing it).

I added boost to environmment variable downloaded boost here https://sourceforge.net/projects/boo...naries/1.70.0/

on cmake i chose 64 bit, visual studio 15 2017 and im using default native compilers

Web Developer

I added boost to environmment variable downloaded boost here https://sourceforge.net/projects/boo...naries/1.70.0/

on cmake i chose 64 bit, visual studio 15 2017 and im using default native compilers
    Last time i helped someone with compiling he also used from sourceforge and he could not get that to work either. so i sent him my boost and that worked. I'm uploading it for you right now. I give you a link once its uploaded

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.mediafire.com/file/fk0cf....1-64.exe/file

- - - Updated - - -

Close CMake and remove old version and install this version and add it to environment variables and then start CMake again. I'll be happy if you can return to let me know if this solved your issue

doing it right now 5 minutes and i let you know

WORKED PERFECTLY 0 ERRORS now going to visual studio to see how it goes THANK YOU SO MUCH + REP

i need to spread some rep first but i will not forget you!

- - - Updated - - -

got this error on visual studios any idea how to fix this?

1>C:\trinitycore\source\ElunaTrinityWotlk-master\src\server\game\World\World.cpp(88): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'LuaEngine.h': No such file or directory
    21>Done building project "game.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
    22>scripts.vcxproj -> C:\trinitycore\build\src\server\scripts\Release\sc ripts.lib
    24>------ Build started: Project: worldserver, Configuration: Release x64 ------
    24>Building Custom Rule C:/trinitycore/source/ElunaTrinityWotlk-master/src/server/worldserver/CMakeLists.txt
    24>Main.cpp
    24>C:\trinitycore\source\ElunaTrinityWotlk-master\src\server\worldserver\Main.cpp(56): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'LuaEngine.h': No such file or directory
    24>Done building project "worldserver.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
    25>------ Build started: Project: ALL_BUILD, Configuration: Release x64 ------
    Last edited by brunolopes; 03-30-2020 at 01:49 AM.

Web Developer

doing it right now 5 minutes and i let you know

WORKED PERFECTLY 0 ERRORS now going to visual studio to see how it goes THANK YOU SO MUCH + REP

i need to spread some rep first but i will not forget you!

- - - Updated - - -

got this error on visual studios any idea how to fix this?

1>C:\trinitycore\source\ElunaTrinityWotlk-master\src\server\game\World\World.cpp(88): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'LuaEngine.h': No such file or directory
    21>Done building project "game.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
    22>scripts.vcxproj -> C:\trinitycore\build\src\server\scripts\Release\sc ripts.lib
    24>------ Build started: Project: worldserver, Configuration: Release x64 ------
    24>Building Custom Rule C:/trinitycore/source/ElunaTrinityWotlk-master/src/server/worldserver/CMakeLists.txt
    24>Main.cpp
    24>C:\trinitycore\source\ElunaTrinityWotlk-master\src\server\worldserver\Main.cpp(56): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'LuaEngine.h': No such file or directory
    24>Done building project "worldserver.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
    25>------ Build started: Project: ALL_BUILD, Configuration: Release x64 ------
    no problem man ! And not so much info there, try toggle on error list in visual studio and i think other errors should appear. go to View > Error List on top menu to toggle it

the strange thing is i can compile trinity with 0 errors but with eluna its not possible hjahah

Web Developer

the strange thing is i can compile trinity with 0 errors but with eluna its not possible hjahah
    Shouldn't be a problem. I compiled eluna for my friend about 2 weeks ago and there were no problem. Check the error list and paste errors here and i think i can find the problem

Hey one last question afther i finish compiling i have bnetserver instead of authserver is this normal?

Web Developer

Hey one last question afther i finish compiling i have bnetserver instead of authserver is this normal?
    If you are compiling a trinitycore source and you have bnetserver that means you selected the master branch in Git Extensions.. Make sure to select the 3.3.5 branch. When you compile Eluna you should use https://github.com/ElunaLuaEngine/ElunaTrinityWotlk and there you have already wotlk selected so no need to change branch for Eluna.

So... No, you're not supposed to have bnetserver if you want to compile for Wotlk 3.3.5

well i have 27 errors on VS when compiling eluna source how can i paste them to here?

but they all say

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error C1083 Cannot open include file: 'LuaEngine.h': No such file or directory game C:\Users\User\Desktop\eluna engine test\ElunaTrinityWotlk-master\src\server\game\Combat\CombatManager.cpp 24

the only thing that changes is the cpp file
    Last edited by brunolopes; 03-30-2020 at 05:19 PM.

You are probably missing the LuaEngine submodule from your source.
    Follow the installation guide here, or clone ElunaTrinityWotlk with
    Code:
    git clone --recurse-submodules https://github.com/ElunaLuaEngine/ElunaTrinityWotlk.git

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Yea that file was missing im compiling right now afther ive done that instalation and i will update if it worked or not

25 suceed 0 failed
    Last edited by brunolopes; 03-30-2020 at 10:12 PM.