Welcome to AC Web.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 89
  1. #1

    Thumbs up HostThatVPS | WoW Server Hosting | TrinityCore Template | Friendly helpful staff


    REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.


    Hello and welcome to Host That VPS! We recently discovered AC-Web, and thought we'd share our services here! We're a VPS hosting provider, with a focus on gaming, cloud computing, and speed

    We offer all the bells and whistles we've grown to expect from VPS providers, but what we bring to the table is our years and years of experience actually coding the emulator's you're probably using. Yes, that's right! We are an active developer of TrinityCore, with over 1000 code commits since we started our work on the core. We previously worked on ArcEmu, MaNGOS, and the .Net Framework version too.

    We're a small, human team, providing support and services for over 100,000 orders. We offer genuine service, honest performance guarantee's and a positive attitude.

    Give us a chance to show you what we're all about. Take a look at our World of Warcraft offering here: https://hostthatvps.com/world-of-warcraft

    We're currently providing a 72 hour, FREE trial of our HTV-2, HTV-4 and HTV-8 series VPS. Contact us via Live Chat to redeem!***

    Our standard features on all VPS plans

    Instant Provisioning
    Our services are instantly provisioned, right after payment. The days of waiting around all day for your new server is a thing of the past.

    Don't worry about the bandwidth
    Our stellar reputation with our providers allows us unmetered, unthrottled bandwidth on each of our compute nodes. Networking performs as fast as it's physically cabled for - no slowdowns, no QOS, no throttling from the uplink. Each compute node is armed with a 4x 10Gbps Intel HyperConverged Network Interface Card (NIC)

    Faster than your average SSD
    Did we mention all our services run on NVMe based flash storage devices? Our average read and write speeds are between 4500MB/s and 6500MB/s

    Support that is always online
    We're staffed 24/7/365. Our Live Chat platform is our main line of communication, but you can always call us or email us too.

    Location, Location, Location!
    We have over 30 datacenters that we have unprecedented access to, and we offer each location for all our services.

    Windows license included
    If Windows is your thing, we have you covered. Windows Server, or Windows Client licenses are free, and are covered under our Microsoft Partner agreement.

    HTV Control Panel
    Our control panel is fantastic! Remote reboots, OS reloads, password reset, OS recovery, backups, snapshots, and so much more!

    Migration is included, FREE
    Yep! We'll move your existing service to our platform, in real-time of you placing your order.


    Our current offerings, and pricing

    HTV-2 VPS
    Great for anything requiring 2GB of RAM or less. Host a website, blog, movie website, or even a low populated Plex server.

    • 2 vCPUs @ 3Ghz+
    • 2 GB DDR4 RAM
    • 40 GB NVMe SSD
    • Windows / Linux
    • 10Gbps Network
    • Bandwidth: ∞
    • No contracts
    • Connectivity Support

    $14.85 / month

    HTV-4 VPS
    Best Seller. The sweet spot. Can host much more than HTV-2 VPS, including World of Warcraft for around 20 players.

    • 4 vCPUs @ 3Ghz+
    • 4 GB DDR4 RAM
    • 80 GB NVMe SSD
    • Windows / Linux
    • 10Gbps Network
    • Bandwidth: ∞
    • No contracts
    • Connectivity Support

    $29.85 / month

    HTV-8 VPS
    For established projects. 8GB RAM can handle significant load, great for a busy website, or a busy World of Warcraft server.

    • 8 vCPUs @ 3Ghz+
    • 8 GB DDR4 RAM
    • 120 GB NVMe SSD
    • Windows / Linux
    • 10Gbps Network
    • Bandwidth: ∞
    • No contracts
    • Connectivity Support

    $49.85 / month

    VPS Addons

    • Additional RAM: 1 GB @ $3.25 per GB (maximum 64 GB) / month
    • Additional NVMe space: 1 GB @ 20 cents per GB / month
    • Additional CPU Core: 1 vCPU @ $3.85 per core (maximum 64 cores) / month
    • Additional IP Address: ONE TIME COST OF $3



    Build your own plans are also available, open a live chat with your specifications for an estimate!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Last edited by HostThatVPS; 03-09-2020 at 09:28 PM.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    www.EpicHosts.co.uk

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK, Kent
    Posts
    5,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremeloner View Post
    It's entertaining when someone claims that they won't publicise information for proof, yet they're happy to do it on a casual, incredibly insecure protocol such as Discord.

    Oh well, good luck to another amatuer company.

  4. #4
    see below
    Last edited by HostThatVPS; 02-24-2020 at 01:13 AM.

  5. #5
    see below
    Last edited by HostThatVPS; 02-24-2020 at 01:13 AM.

  6. #6
    see below
    Last edited by HostThatVPS; 02-24-2020 at 01:14 AM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrum View Post
    It's entertaining when someone claims that they won't publicise information for proof, yet they're happy to do it on a casual, incredibly insecure protocol such as Discord.

    Oh well, good luck to another amatuer company.
    That's not very nice of you, a business owner throwing rocks at another company on another forum. Shame on you. Is that how you wish your customers to see you?

    We initially use Discord from time to time because a lot of our users use it. We had intended to send DocuSign links via Discord.

    I spoke to our legal department over the weekend, and it turns out, we can actually release our EIN documents to the public, and we've done so.

    You may find our public EIN form here: https://legal.hostthatvps.com/EIN.pdf

    Let me know if you have any questions, but let's keep things civil. Remember, we're here trying to provide a service to this community, yet we're being scrutinized from people who know very little about us. It happens sometimes, but we'll try our best to "clear the air" when these situations arise.

    -Dave
    Product Development Specialist
    HostThatVPS.com

  8. #8
    www.EpicHosts.co.uk

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK, Kent
    Posts
    5,725
    I wasn't so much as 'scrutinising' you, rather stating facts that Discord IS insecure and you are an amateur company - therefore nothing of which I said falls under any form of scrutiny.

    If you want me to scrutinise you, then I'll start by saying that the document you provided is for an employer identification dated back in 2005 (who knows if it's still valid), for a company named Zooce - whether zooce.com is a sister/brother or related company in any way is not even relevant. It's still false proof as it doesn't mention 'HostThatVPS' anywhere, and your site doesn't mention Zooce anywhere - not to mention you failed to 'DocuSign' that link on a public forum of which doesn't even use SSL. Also your site itself isn't even SSL protected either (loads insecure content).

    Many links on your site are broken (No working 'About Us' page on the footer, most hyperlinks go to a same 'datacenter' page (unprofessional), and false claims of '30 global datacenters' when research suggests you only use OVH.

    There's only one thing that really riles me up about ametuer hosts that pop up on this forum - and that's lack of basic security knowledge. I don't care about unregistered nor inexperienced companies, but if there's little to no security, that's when it becomes so concerning that I'd do all I can to drive a customer away from being under any risk of having their information leaked or breached

    You say 'shame on me', but if anything you should be far, far more ashamed for publicly advertising a site as badly executed as yours with zero consideration for the security of the clients you are opening out to, putting not only their data at risk - but yourself too.

    Just my two cents - I won't pester you anymore if you really can't take the criticism, but security is a big concern in this day and age and clearly you have a lot to learn. You're also going to get it much harder from real clients if, by some miracle, you actually do succeed - welcome to the business industry.

  9. #9
    Banned

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Developing the world
    Posts
    1,262
    Oh come on, at least "censor" shit everywhere... https://prnt.sc/r73bg1

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrum View Post
    I wasn't so much as 'scrutinising' you, rather stating facts that Discord IS insecure and you are an amateur company - therefore nothing of which I said falls under any form of scrutiny.

    If you want me to scrutinise you, then I'll start by saying that the document you provided is for an employer identification dated back in 2005 (who knows if it's still valid), for a company named Zooce - whether zooce.com is a sister/brother or related company in any way is not even relevant. It's still false proof as it doesn't mention 'HostThatVPS' anywhere, and your site doesn't mention Zooce anywhere - not to mention you failed to 'DocuSign' that link on a public forum of which doesn't even use SSL. Also your site itself isn't even SSL protected either (loads insecure content).

    Many links on your site are broken (No working 'About Us' page on the footer, most hyperlinks go to a same 'datacenter' page (unprofessional), and false claims of '30 global datacenters' when research suggests you only use OVH.

    There's only one thing that really riles me up about ametuer hosts that pop up on this forum - and that's lack of basic security knowledge. I don't care about unregistered nor inexperienced companies, but if there's little to no security, that's when it becomes so concerning that I'd do all I can to drive a customer away from being under any risk of having their information leaked or breached

    You say 'shame on me', but if anything you should be far, far more ashamed for publicly advertising a site as badly executed as yours with zero consideration for the security of the clients you are opening out to, putting not only their data at risk - but yourself too.

    Just my two cents - I won't pester you anymore if you really can't take the criticism, but security is a big concern in this day and age and clearly you have a lot to learn. You're also going to get it much harder from real clients if, by some miracle, you actually do succeed - welcome to the business industry.
    Hello again,

    Again, we're not an amateur company, but HostThatVPS is a new entity we're running. Our website is new, and things are still being developed, but our core functionality is there. We're aware of broken links / redirections to the same place and we're working on that. Zooce is our parent company, and we have another parent company on top of that.

    I think you misunderstood what we meant by Docusign, as Docusign is a secure way to share confidential information and get an NDA signed, but since our legal department greenlighted our EIN doc, we've released it, without the need of any Docusign linkage.

    Our website is in fact SSL'd - We just don't force it. Our billing, cluster, web, email, management, and SDN portals on the other hand is strictly forced via SSL. We do have a reason why our main page uses both HTTP and HTTPS protocols, probably a reason you haven't thought of.

    OVH does have 30 global datacenters, where do you think we got that fact in the first place? Sure we're not in all of them, but we can be in a moments notice if absolutely needed. Our usual way is to get our own hardware in there to lower our overhead, but if we need it urgently that can't always happen having to provision servers and ship them all over the world.

    You're making a bold statement here by saying we're putting our customer's data at risk. What proof do you have for this allegation? What you've "deemed" insecure is the fact that our website allows HTTP and HTTPS connections, instead of just HTTPS connections. I get that can be of concern, but that's our decision to allow, and we allow it securely, even though that protocol is inherently insecure. We handle data security as one of our top priorities, and we've never been breached or hacked.

    I think I've said enough, but I'm happy to continue this discussion.

    -Dave
    Product Development Specialist
    HostThatVPS.com

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by titkata_bg View Post
    Oh come on, at least "censor" shit everywhere... https://prnt.sc/r73bg1
    That was intentionally left there.

    -Dave
    Product Development Specialist
    HostThatVPS

  11. #11
    www.EpicHosts.co.uk

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK, Kent
    Posts
    5,725
    Quote Originally Posted by HostThatVPS View Post
    Our website is new, and things are still being developed
    Then don't advertise it until it is ready to go - if I were a client I'd turn away and never come back merely from seeing such. That's one of many potential customers you lose by publicising an improperly developed website.

    Quote Originally Posted by HostThatVPS View Post
    Zooce is our parent company, and we have another parent company on top of that.
    May that be so, but I'd believe it more if it were at least in the 'document' or shown somewhere on your site. Any company that's proud to be a partner or 'parent' of another company would surely have it on their footer or merely have any form of evidence for such.

    Quote Originally Posted by HostThatVPS View Post
    Our website is in fact SSL'd - We just don't force it.
    It's not "SSL'd", going to the main website shows 'Not Secure' in the taskbar even when typing https:// in the browser. You have insecure content on the website.

    Quote Originally Posted by HostThatVPS View Post
    OVH does have 30 global datacenters
    Where are the other 3 OVH datacenters then? https://www.ovh.com/world/us/about-us/datacenters.xml (For the record, they only have 27).

    Quote Originally Posted by HostThatVPS View Post
    You're making a bold statement here by saying we're putting our customer's data at risk. What proof do you have for this allegation?
    I just told you - your lack of working SSL on the main website, your old documentation from 2005 which probably isn't valid anymore, and the fact that you can't even fully finish coding a website before publishing it. (See below for additional proof)

    Quote Originally Posted by HostThatVPS
    Hey just an FYI, VMWare ESXi cannot retrieve files over HTTPS (stupid I know) and a lot of our infrastructure runs on VMWare, in case you were wondering why our main site and some subdomains allow HTTP.
    Also stop PM'ing me, anything you have to say should be publicly viewable for any of your potential clients to see.

    The fact that you claim 'VMWare ESXi cannot retrive files over HTTPS' is absolute rubbish. Try using a tunnel/proxy if you're so inexperienced that you can't even run all VMWare ESXi traffic through HTTPS.

    Quote Originally Posted by HostThatVPS View Post
    That was intentionally left there.
    I don't think a single person has even the tiniest belief in what you have to say. Literally makes no sense that you would censor other parts, but make it intentional that one time.

    Perhaps give some real evidence that you actually are registered (not under some 'parent' company and not with a 15-year-old document) then people may actually start taking you more seriously.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrum View Post
    Then don't advertise it until it is ready to go - if I were a client I'd turn away and never come back merely from seeing such. That's one of many potential customers you lose by publicising an improperly developed website.


    May that be so, but I'd believe it more if it were at least in the 'document' or shown somewhere on your site. Any company that's proud to be a partner or 'parent' of another company would surely have it on their footer or merely have any form of evidence for such.


    It's not "SSL'd", going to the main website shows 'Not Secure' in the taskbar even when typing https:// in the browser. You have insecure content on the website.


    Where are the other 3 OVH datacenters then? https://www.ovh.com/world/us/about-us/datacenters.xml (For the record, they only have 27).


    I just told you - your lack of working SSL on the main website, your old documentation from 2005 which probably isn't valid anymore, and the fact that you can't even fully finish coding a website before publishing it. (See below for additional proof)


    Also stop PM'ing me, anything you have to say should be publicly viewable for any of your potential clients to see.

    The fact that you claim 'VMWare ESXi cannot retrive files over HTTPS' is absolute rubbish. Try using a tunnel/proxy if you're so inexperienced that you can't even run all VMWare ESXi traffic through HTTPS.


    I don't think a single person has even the tiniest belief in what you have to say. Literally makes no sense that you would censor other parts, but make it intentional that one time.

    Perhaps give some real evidence that you actually are registered (not under some 'parent' company and not with a 15-year-old document) then people may actually start taking you more seriously.
    Hello again,

    We start advertising as soon as we can. That is our choice, flame us if you want, but over time all will be fixed.

    We'll be modifying our website based on your feedback to include our parent company.

    Clearly you do not understand how SSL's work, our website is in fact secured with SSL, but you are correct in that, there is something loading from an HTTP source we'll need to track down. It's most likely Bing Advertising callbacks, or Google if I had to guess. This is easy enough to fix.

    OVH operates 30 datacenters: https://www.ovhcloud.com/en/about-us...text-media-2-0 - First paragraph under Datacenters.

    Fine, I'll stop PMing you. That's OK.

    VMWare ESXi really can't traverse anything HTTPS using wget or even cURL. And of course we can proxy / tunnel if we wanted to. Simply put, we don't! Sorry we don't meet your wild expectations here as far as how we manage our servers, but again - this is our choice - Not yours! To make this incredibly clear: We don't care that our main website loads on port 80 without an SSL certificate, are you going to flame on Microsoft or Apple for doing the same thing? My point is: You're my end user right now, you don't know the reasons why we do things how we do them, but we do them for very good reasons that honestly, will probably go over your head.

    We made that part of our EIN document clear because we didn't think anyone would actually read it, and hey if they did, kudo's to you! You know our EIN!

    Hey Terrum, you know, I've kept this focused on HostThatVPS, but where's your business license? Your website has a HOST of issues, but you don't see us calling you out on your thread, or should I start? I'd love to keep this civil, but you're making it difficult. I'm tempted to stoop to your level at this point.

    -Dave
    Product Development Specialist
    HostThatVPS.com

  13. #13
    Banned

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Developing the world
    Posts
    1,262
    Quote Originally Posted by HostThatVPS View Post
    Hello again,

    We start advertising as soon as we can. That is our choice, flame us if you want, but over time all will be fixed.

    We'll be modifying our website based on your feedback to include our parent company.

    Clearly you do not understand how SSL's work, our website is in fact secured with SSL, but you are correct in that, there is something loading from an HTTP source we'll need to track down. It's most likely Bing Advertising callbacks, or Google if I had to guess. This is easy enough to fix.

    OVH operates 30 datacenters: https://www.ovhcloud.com/en/about-us...text-media-2-0 - First paragraph under Datacenters.

    Fine, I'll stop PMing you. That's OK.

    VMWare ESXi really can't traverse anything HTTPS using wget or even cURL. And of course we can proxy / tunnel if we wanted to. Simply put, we don't! Sorry we don't meet your wild expectations here as far as how we manage our servers, but again - this is our choice - Not yours! To make this incredibly clear: We don't care that our main website loads on port 80 without an SSL certificate, are you going to flame on Microsoft or Apple for doing the same thing? My point is: You're my end user right now, you don't know the reasons why we do things how we do them, but we do them for very good reasons that honestly, will probably go over your head.

    We made that part of our EIN document clear because we didn't think anyone would actually read it, and hey if they did, kudo's to you! You know our EIN!

    Hey Terrum, you know, I've kept this focused on HostThatVPS, but where's your business license? Your website has a HOST of issues, but you don't see us calling you out on your thread, or should I start? I'd love to keep this civil, but you're making it difficult. I'm tempted to stoop to your level at this point.

    -Dave
    Product Development Specialist
    HostThatVPS.com
    Honestly stfu or someone over AC-Web will get mad at you and ddos you at the end. And you don't want that, do you? Also, "didn't think anyone would actually read it", lol wut?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Greetings, here's my CV.
    - Why is the name different?
    Oh sorry I just copy-pasted it off the web, didn't think you'll actually read it.

    Nice

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also, VS 2017? What? TC uses VS 2019 now (as every software should do)
    Last edited by titkata_bg; 02-24-2020 at 10:34 PM.

  14. #14
    Do an EIN search. We didn't copy and paste anything. We're honestly not worried about any form of DDOS. Still waiting on Terrum's proof of business license. We think its silly we even had to post our EIN doc, like that's totally normal for a community to ask for...

    -Dave
    Product Development Specialist
    HostThatVPS.com

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by titkata_bg View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

    Also, VS 2017? What? TC uses VS 2019 now (as every software should do)
    VS2017 seems to be more stable under 4GB of RAM versus VS2019. Since we do offer our template with only 2GB of RAM, we found this to work better. It isn't always the greatest idea to use the latest and greatest, unless from a security perspective.

    If you're interested though, we can create a VS2019 template for the public.
    Last edited by HostThatVPS; 02-24-2020 at 10:40 PM.

  15. #15
    Banned

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Developing the world
    Posts
    1,262

    REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by HostThatVPS View Post
    Do an EIN search. We didn't copy and paste anything. We're honestly not worried about any form of DDOS. Still waiting on Terrum's proof of business license. We think its silly we even had to post our EIN doc, like that's totally normal for a community to ask for...

    -Dave
    Product Development Specialist
    HostThatVPS.com

    - - - Updated - - -



    VS2017 seems to be more stable under 4GB of RAM versus VS2019. Since we do offer our template with only 2GB of RAM, we found this to work better. It isn't always the greatest idea to use the latest and greatest.

    If you're interested though, we can create a VS2019 template for the public.
    Did an EIN & company seach, nothing popped out, huh?

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •