Welcome to AC Web.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrum View Post
    Clearly I know more than you if you didn't even spot that insecurity before even publishing the website... It's not secured with SSL at all if you have even one file that's insecure. Get real.

If you want to remain insecure, that is of course your bidding. But you are literally admitting to remaining insecure for all clients to see, therefore I rest my case - nothing else to argue here other than your lack of knowledge in security, especially when you are saying things like 'will probably go over your head'.

You are more than welcome to say anything you want about the 'host of issues' (bad pun intended?) I've already had years of criticism, I can take some more.

You expect a client/customer to pay to look up business information? No, how about provide accurate and up-to-date information then you'll make a client happy. End of.

I didn't want this to be hostile, it's just the way you're taking it now - if you're going to take criticism not only from me, but the whole community so badly, and then try to offend me and other users here, then you're guaranteed to fail. I'm telling you now.

Copy of your PM to me below for public record:

We stopped using 2008 months ago. Look at the yellow notice on https://epichosts.co.uk/vps.htm

Here's all my Microsoft and CompTIA certifications: https://imgur.com/a/3OvWx2z (There's also a verification link for the CompTIA+ one if you're so interested, albeit old, but still far more convincing proof than you've been able to show - you've still failed to provide any actual evidence that's accurate; forget about old) (ALSO NOTICE THE SECURITY AND NETWORKING QUALIFICATIONS )

Not using Hyper-V. Why would I use a crappy virtualization that Microsoft provide when I can use something like KVM for free?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/solution-providers/home Hmm nope, you're not a 'gold partner of Microsoft' I'm afraid. Searched for 'Nooce' and 'HostThatVPS'. And before you try search for us - we are not a gold partner either. Because there's no benefit to having 'gold partner' than having an SPLA license which allows infinite activations anyway.

How does one PM out of 'respect'? If you wanted respect, or to respect me, you'd keep it on the thread where debates like this belong. If you want to defend your company properly, do it where everyone can see it. No reason to keep it private (especially as I'll just be copying this on the thread anyway).

Absolutely - look at my thread and you'll see TONS of people giving heavy criticism throughout the years. Like I said, welcome to business. If you can't handle it now, you never will.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, in the UK you don't require a business license as long as you're properly registered with HMRC (paying tax on income): https://www.simplybusiness.co.uk/kno...l-business-uk/

And just incase you ask me to prove that I'm paying tax, my last year's tax return: https://i.imgur.com/H3pJcQ9.jpg
    This is exhausting. I will reply to you later.

www.EpicHosts.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by HostThatVPS View Post
    This is exhausting. I will reply to you later.
    Once again, for the third time: welcome to business! Exhausted this early on? How will you handle real customer complaints when they're only far worse than what me and the community have to say?

Before you even think of what you write in your reply, I can't stress enough that I didn't want this to be hostile. As I mentioned in my previous post, it's the way you're taking the criticism.

If you simply accept the criticism and learn from the feedback (rather than argue with it, or try to turn the tables) then it won't turn hostile and 90% of these posts would probably not have occurred on your thread.

Think about what your reply is going to be. Your business depends on it.

What a shit show. I forgot my popcorn at home, dang it
    Last edited by PrivateDonut; 02-25-2020 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrum View Post
    Once again, for the third time: welcome to business! Exhausted this early on? How will you handle real customer complaints when they're only far worse than what me and the community have to say?

Before you even think of what you write in your reply, I can't stress enough that I didn't want this to be hostile. As I mentioned in my previous post, it's the way you're taking the criticism.

If you simply accept the criticism and learn from the feedback (rather than argue with it, or try to turn the tables) then it won't turn hostile and 90% of these posts would probably not have occurred on your thread.

Think about what your reply is going to be. Your business depends on it.
    Thanks for the welcoming to business. We don't get customer complaints very often, and when we do, they're resolved swiftly and within reason.

We didn't want this to turn hostile either, however Dave seems to have taken some of your criticisms personally (he wrote the website, go figure).

We've taken your feedback, and we've made several changes to many of our platforms based on your feedback. We're still working on parts of your suggestions, but we're making progress. We'd like to thank you for making these suggestions, and your patience as we work through the many moving pieces we have. If you have any additional questions, or points of feedback, please, feel free to express your concerns by commenting your concern on this thread.

Charles Gray
    HostThatVPS

Thanks for the welcoming to business. We don't get customer complaints very often, and when we do, they're resolved swiftly and within reason.

We didn't want this to turn hostile either, however Dave seems to have taken some of your criticisms personally (he wrote the website, go figure).

We've taken your feedback, and we've made several changes to many of our platforms based on your feedback. We're still working on parts of your suggestions, but we're making progress. We'd like to thank you for making these suggestions, and your patience as we work through the many moving pieces we have. If you have any additional questions, or points of feedback, please, feel free to express your concerns by commenting your concern on this thread.

Charles Gray
    HostThatVPS
    Nope, he did not write the website. You're using WordPress 5.3.2

Quote Originally Posted by titkata_bg View Post
    That's it I'm getting my popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremeloner View Post
    That's it I'm getting my popcorn.
    I am not trying to dramatize things. I am just stating facts.

Quote Originally Posted by titkata_bg View Post
    Perhaps "wrote" was the wrong term to use. Dave was the team member who developed our Wordpress website.

Charles Gray
    HostThatVPS

Perhaps "wrote" was the wrong term to use. Dave was the team member who developed our Wordpress website.

Charles Gray
    HostThatVPS
    Perhaps it was.

ExtremeLoner
    ac-web

Up!

- - - Updated - - -

-=Undergoing maintenance=-

www.EpicHosts.co.uk

HostThatVPS is InstantCPU!

https://www.reddit.com/user/badadministrator Look at the post history.

Screenshot proof incase they delete their posts from Reddit: https://i.imgur.com/La3VdQ0.png

InstantCPU had closed down and scammed many people in the past: http://www.ac-web.org/forums/showthr...o!-Sponsorship!

We're not affiliated with InstantCPU, however I DID mistakenly advertise on their behalf.
    I'm calling malarkey. No smart person would use the same, 'tainted' account to advertise a product - especially on someone else's behalf. If the account's activity was not just posts for InstantCPU and HostThatVPS, then maybe it would be a bit more believable.

Be warned.

EDIT: HostThatVPS are also banned on Ownedcore so I assume it was picked up on very quickly.
    Last edited by Terrum; 03-10-2020 at 09:23 PM.

http://YugoWoW.com/

I already know since they started i just got him with the way he talk and answer i just can't really say that with a bad prove but yeah now everything is clean.

I hosted through terrum & prob only guy i will deal with on ac-webs for a hosting supplier.

HostThatVPS is HostThatVPS!

When InstantCPU went under, we reached out to the owner. We wanted some help with a few things, and the owner of InstantCPU is actually on our team, as an employee of HostThatVPS. Christopher decided to use his personal Reddit account, instead of his HostThatVPS account for advertising on Reddit.

I'm sure you all will flame on us hardcore to know that Christopher is in fact on our team. Truth is: He's actually very helpful, and what happened with InstantCPU is a rather sad story. We've talked at length for what happened. Basically what InstantCPU told the public was a cowards way out - but they didn't want the real reason exposed. Their 2 year old went through heart surgery and it bankrupted them. Christopher left his job where he was working over this and the cash flow instantly stopped, giving InstantCPU a month at best before shutting down. Customers were not warned as Christopher was focused on his daughters life, and not his business. After the shutdown, the mean things that were said were said because of what he was going through - he almost lost his kid. If anyone is curious, his daughter Emma has made a full recovery.

Christopher isn't running the show here. We are empathetic to his situation and we have him involved in various projects. He has a lot of time on his hands, and hasn't found work. We made him an employment offer several months ago, and he's accepted.

Let the flaming begin because we know it's coming.
    Last edited by HostThatVPS; 03-11-2020 at 09:28 PM.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.

HostThatVPS is HostThatVPS!

the owner of InstantCPU is actually on our team, as an employee of HostThatVPS. Christopher decided to use his personal Reddit account, instead of his HostThatVPS account for advertising on Reddit.

Let the flaming begin because we know it's coming.
    The fact you acknowledge there will be flaming for you having a scammer on your team, and claiming you're a serious business is beyond stupid.

You forgot your title btw...

ExtremeLoner
    ACWEBIAN
    ac-web.org