Welcome to AC Web.

Porting cata, mop, and legion professions to 3.3.5

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Hello all,

I've been scouring the internet trying to find a guide (even if it be a one by one, long process, of each dbc, m2, SQL or whatever) to port over professions, and how to edit the recipes. I may not mess with the new material as in different ore and cloth, but edit the recipes for wotlk mats. I think I have a pretty good idea on porting the actual items over and getting them working, just lost when it comes to the professions and recipes, thanks for any help provided!

Did not work with something like this but,
    Correct me if im wrong professions and recipes of course, are spells.
    Spells got reagents (which are materials needed to create the item) so...

If you want to downport, you just need to make new spells into your Spell.dbc

That's true. There's probably a flag for the gossip menu and colums in the table for the mats. I'll give that a look and see what I can find. If anyone else can shed more light, please do, and thank you molinita!

Quote Originally Posted by kbt0y5 View Post
    That's true. There's probably a flag for the gossip menu and colums in the table for the mats. I'll give that a look and see what I can find. If anyone else can shed more light, please do, and thank you molinita!
    Oh you mean, in order to show mats required onto 'profession' itself spell?

I think that's Core scripted.
    Anyway, best thing you can do is follow an existing one, like blacksmithing and copy/paste

Yes, so I can change a profession to say, 750 or something, add a recipe from another expac (cata, mop, legion, etc), and modify the recipe mats to my liking. I'm pretty new to modding/porting, but core scripts can't be edited can they? Or is that just for the sake of repacks?
    Last edited by kbt0y5; 02-12-2020 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by kbt0y5 View Post
    Yes, so I can change a profession to say, 750 or something, add a recipe from another expac (cata, mop, legion, etc), and modify the recipe mats to my liking. I'm pretty new to modding/porting, but core scripts can't be edited can they? Or is that just for the sake of repacks?
    You can modify core scripts the way you want, you just need some C/C++ knowledge.
    You cannot add/edit core if you using a repack, you must compile your own Core.

Indeed you can add professions, even, custom ones, even custom recipes for existing ones.
    Again, I have not worked on this (atm) so I got no idea 'how to' but indeed you can do it, just must find how to.

Best way, follow step by step existing profession and then follow the flow (you get it)

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    That all makes sense! I think I have figured out how to add recipes from other expansions, and adjust reagents, cost, etc. I found several guides pertaining to different modding projects but all related to this. I have a four day weekend coming up so I'll have some time to work on one item, and document it so I can make a tutorial when I get it working!