Welcome to AC Web.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question How can I remove a equipped socket from a item?

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    How can I remove a equipped socket from a item? I found a problem with one socket. I deleted the socket as a item but the effect still exist on the item.

Delete the item maybe? And add it again

Quote Originally Posted by mrflippy View Post
    Delete the item maybe? And add it again
    We have more than 9k characters... How to do that?

Running
    Code:
    UPDATE item_instance SET enchantments='0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ' WHERE itemEntry=(Add your item entry here)
    Will remove every single socket effect and enchant from the item entry you enter. Run this while the server is offline if you end up doing it, not sure if it can cause any issues, but it's the only thing I can think off

Have you tried to turn it on and back off?

Quote Originally Posted by Loud21 View Post
    Running
    Code:
    UPDATE item_instance SET enchantments='0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ' WHERE itemEntry=(Add your item entry here)
    Will remove every single socket effect and enchant from the item entry you enter. Run this while the server is offline if you end up doing it, not sure if it can cause any issues, but it's the only thing I can think off
    That's what i am looking for but I'm on oregon and everything that i had in this database is: http://prntscr.com/ihjdfz

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDane View Post
    Have you tried to turn it on and back off?
    Yes, nothing happens :\ The socket effect still exist.

Clear cache.

Quote Originally Posted by kobiesan View Post
    clear cache.
    xdd

Quote Originally Posted by Kepo View Post
    That's what i am looking for but I'm on oregon and everything that i had in this database is: http://prntscr.com/ihjdfz

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, nothing happens :\ The socket effect still exist.
    As for this I'm not sure, I don't have oregoncore compiled, and I cba downloading the database to check, just go through all of the tables in characters and you'll definitely find it.
    I also went through their wiki, but it's not well documented, so I can't be of much help
    Maybe check characters.saved_variables
    Last edited by Loud21; 02-20-2018 at 11:25 PM.

xdd

As for this I'm not sure, I don't have oregoncore compiled, and I cba downloading the database to check, just go through all of the tables in characters and you'll definitely find it.
    I also went through their wiki, but it's not well documented, so I can't be of much help
    Maybe check characters.saved_variables
    Where can I found "characters.saved_variables"? I am newbie on this sphere.

Well based on the Oregoncore wiki, it's a table inside the characters database.

That happen usually when you use custom gems without adding the gemstats in your server dbc folder, client will see them as normal enchants rather than gems. Also gems canno’t be removed from gear they can only be replaced with other socket gems.

Gems are saved as enchants on item in db not as items so if you remove the item the enchant will stil be active. All you can do is replace the enchant id with 0 on items.

Update characters.item_instance set enchants=replace(enchants, ‘enchantid’, ‘0’) where enchants like ‘%yourenchantid%’;

Replace enchants with whatever that collimn is called, i can’t remember i wrote all this on phone.
    Last edited by darksoke; 02-21-2018 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darksoke View Post
    That happen usually when you use custom gems without adding the gemstats in your server dbc folder, client will see them as normal enchants rather than gems. Also gems canno’t be removed from gear they can only be replaced with other socket gems.

Gems are saved as enchants on item in db not as items so if you remove the item the enchant will stil be active. All you can do is replace the enchant id with 0 on items.

Update characters.item_instance set enchants=replace(enchants, ‘enchantid’, ‘0’) where enchants like ‘%yourenchantid%’;

Replace enchants with whatever that collimn is called, i can’t remember i wrote all this on phone.
    He literally said above that he's using Oregon core and doesn't have the column enchantements in the item_instance table.
    This is like the 3rd you're commenting on a thread without even reading it lol

Still waiting on your response here
    http://www.ac-web.org/forums/showthr...lending-spells
    Y I K E S
    Last edited by Loud21; 02-21-2018 at 02:55 PM.

Hmm.. What if I remove the socket effect from DBC?

He literally said above that he's using Oregon core and doesn't have the column enchantements in the item_instance table.
    This is like the 3rd you're commenting on a thread without even reading it lol

Still waiting on your response here
    http://www.ac-web.org/forums/showthr...lending-spells
    Y I K E S
    You must be on some kind of weird drugs

Oregon Core is a derivate of Trinitycore so the characters database structure is the same.

That's the id of the enchantment used by the socket "item" , so if you remove the socket from character inventory, that enchantment effect will remain on the parent item.

to find what enchantment is used by your gem you must get the gemproperties from the gem -> search for the id in gemproperties.dbc -> search for the coresponding id in spellitemenchantment , run the following query then you are done ATTENTION MAKE SURE THE REALM IS OFF WHILE WORKING ON THE CHARACTERS DATABASE

Code:
    update characters.item_instance set enchantments=replace(enchantments, 'enchantid', '0') where enchants like '%yourenchantid%';

And Loud21 get your facts straight before acting like a cunt ok , i specified that the collumn could be called something else "Replace enchants with whatever that collimn is called, i can’t remember i wrote all this on phone."
    Last edited by darksoke; 02-21-2018 at 09:30 PM.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by darksoke View Post
    And Loud21 get your facts straight before acting like a cunt ok , i specified that the collumn could be called something else "Replace enchants with whatever that collimn is called, i can’t remember i wrote all this on phone."
    You're missing the point.
    I didn't call you out based on the fact that you misnamed a column, I called you out because this is like the 5th time you're responding to support threads without reading the posts inside of them.
    If your intention is to help people, which I believe it is, invest some time into it, don't read the first two sentences on a thread, and respond with a generic response.
    The OP said that he doesn't have the enchantments column inside his item_instances table.