Welcome to AC Web.

Question Server Online with my own domain?

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Hi.

I have always had that question. Now I have a server on my computer, is online, but I have it working with the free domain offered by non-ip.

How do I have my own domain example: www.acwebserve.com connected to the server on my computer.

I have several domains on Domain.com but to make them work, I need two dns, dns that offers by a hosting company, but in my case that I have the server is on my computer, how can I do it?

Do you know any tutorial that explains this?

Thanks.

Just change dns records at rhe hosting company to you’re external ip from you’re pc

Quote Originally Posted by Nightseye View Post
    Just change dns records at rhe hosting company to you’re external ip from you’re pc
    Normally, to link the domain to a hosting, two DNS is needed and my computer only has an eternal IP. Really there are no guide for this? I already saw some videos of how to configure xampp, but they don't explain everything.

I think, it's not exactly the same case, but perhaps you could use it:

I've got a dns of non-ip for my smarthomehcontrol.
    It depends on the internetconnection you use, i think:

In my case i got a fritzbox to get my connection, so my dns of non-ip leads from web to my fritzbox! Now i had to tell my fritzbox with port-forwarting (all what comes in from my dns) to lead it to my smarthomeserver -- or in your case to your gameserver i think!

So in which way do you connect to the internet? Perhaps your router has to lead the other way around, because your dns only gets to your router?

@Inamsay

How do you manage to use two domain names in order to make a connection? The whole point of a domain name is to convert something easy for humans to read/use (i.e. words) into an IP address. Just have the domain point to the correct IP and you should be good to go.

This sounds to me like you are not using the correct domain record type. You need an A record (or AAAA record if using IPv6).

Quote Originally Posted by Corelith View Post
    I think, it's not exactly the same case, but perhaps you could use it:

I've got a dns of non-ip for my smarthomehcontrol.
    It depends on the internetconnection you use, i think:

In my case i got a fritzbox to get my connection, so my dns of non-ip leads from web to my fritzbox! Now i had to tell my fritzbox with port-forwarting (all what comes in from my dns) to lead it to my smarthomeserver -- or in your case to your gameserver i think!

So in which way do you connect to the internet? Perhaps your router has to lead the other way around, because your dns only gets to your router?
    I know how to use noip and open ports, I currently have servers working with noip subdomains, but I want to use my own domain example www.corelith.com and not www.corelith.servegame.com

Quote Originally Posted by MyLilSuccy View Post
    @Inamsay

How do you manage to use two domain names in order to make a connection? The whole point of a domain name is to convert something easy for humans to read/use (i.e. words) into an IP address. Just have the domain point to the correct IP and you should be good to go.

This sounds to me like you are not using the correct domain record type. You need an A record (or AAAA record if using IPv6).
    Thanks for the information, I think this part of using a record A instead of the two DNS is what I didn't know. I will try and tell you if it worked or not.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by MyLilSuccy View Post
    @Inamsay
    This sounds to me like you are not using the correct domain record type. You need an A record.
    You were right, I just create a DNS record type A with the public IP of my computer and it works perfect. That step was what I was missing. Thank you