Welcome to AC Web.

change buff weapon give in dbc

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    hi all, i want to change this wep here https://www.wowhead.com/item=30313/s...disintegration

i want make the buff it give maybe last 5 second rather than 15min and give it cooldown.. is this possible for me? i do some dbc before if any1 know how to point me in good direction

i try stoneharry spell editor but i no find where "spell.dbc" is? i see spell_dbc in database but i struggle to find spell.dbc that i need can somebody tell me where is
    Last edited by wowserver3; 07-17-2019 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wowserver3 View Post
    hi all, i want to change this wep here https://www.wowhead.com/item=30313/s...disintegration

i want make the buff it give maybe last 5 second rather than 15min and give it cooldown.. is this possible for me? i do some dbc before if any1 know how to point me in good direction
    You can edit the cooldown at the field spellcooldown at item_template, but like i could see, there's two spell 36385 and 36480, idk what you r inted for, but you just need to edit the field that i already cited to give cd. To edit its duration, it's at spell.dbc, i dont know about your construct dbc, it could be anywhere, but the cd values at dbc for 36385 is -1 and for 36480 is 900000, probably you will edit the 36480 spell at the field with this value, and set whatever you want.

- - - Updated - - -

You can edit the cooldown at the field spellcooldown at item_template, but like i could see, there's two spell 36385 and 36480, idk what you r inted for, but you just need to edit the field that i already cited to give cd. To edit its duration, it's at spell.dbc, i dont know about your construct dbc, it could be anywhere, but the cd values at dbc for 36385 is -1 and for 36480 is 900000, probably you will edit the 36480 spell at the field with this value, and set whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by leocalegario View Post

- - - Updated - - -

hi ty i change cooldown but i dont find where spell.dbc is if u can help

hi ty i change cooldown but i dont find where spell.dbc is if u can help

May you can search it at your dbc editor at the field 41 probably, it will have the 347 value, this is a link with the SpellDuration.dbc. To get the duration that you want (5 seconds) you can set 28 where 347 is setted, cuz it will correspond with the id 28 of the SpellDuration.dbc (The duration is specified at the field1 of the SpellDuration.dbc)

Instead of modifying the dbc, ure better of doing this in cpp.
    Spellmgr.cpp if i recall properly

Quote Originally Posted by PatricNox View Post
    Instead of modifying the dbc, ure better of doing this in cpp.
    Spellmgr.cpp if i recall properly
    This is considered a hackfix. While insignificant in this case, hackfixes tend to slow down programs and are bad practice.

Instead, edit the Spell.dbc file as Leo previously suggested. DBC files can be found in your server directory, the place where your executables (worldserver and authserver) are located. DBC files are, in a way, similar to tables in the database, however they store data which was extracted out of the client.
    This tutorial, albeit a bit old, covers the basics of DBC files, DBC modification and custom .mpq creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Loud21 View Post
    This is considered a hackfix. While insignificant in this case, hackfixes tend to slow down programs and are bad practice.

Instead, edit the Spell.dbc file as Leo previously suggested. DBC files can be found in your server directory, the place where your executables (worldserver and authserver) are located. DBC files are, in a way, similar to tables in the database, however they store data which was extracted out of the client.
    This tutorial, albeit a bit old, covers the basics of DBC files, DBC modification and custom .mpq creation.
    hi! this is what i did and work well but i changes some cooldowns from 30 sec to 5 sec and ingame its 5 seconds but the text on the wep still says 30 sec... i try to change description manually but it still dont change description, do i need patch for this? cuz the spell already in game i did not think u need patch for that

hi! this is what i did and work well but i changes some cooldowns from 30 sec to 5 sec and ingame its 5 seconds but the text on the wep still says 30 sec... i try to change description manually but it still dont change description, do i need patch for this?
    Yes. DBC changes which modify how a client perceives data need to be put in a patch. The tutorial linked above explains how custom patch making works and provides links to some very useful tools.

cuz the spell already in game i did not think u need patch for that
    The spell does exist in the client files, but it's the original version of the spell. You will need to override it with the new data. Simply creating a custom patch and adding your modified DBC files to it is enough to override it. The same works for any m2, blp, xml etc. file as long as they are named exactly the same as the original file.

is this really a hackfix?
    I'm used to this way since that's how it's done in multiple servers that I've been a developer for

- - - Updated - - -

Surely cpp is most significant for version Management and to pfe to the possible need for patches?

is this really a hackfix?
    I'm used to this way since that's how it's done in multiple servers that I've been a developer for

- - - Updated - - -

Surely cpp is most significant for version Management and to pfe to the possible need for patches?
    A very poor choice of words on my end.
    While SpellMgr edits should be used in most fixes those which edit client sided data can only be done through dbc files. Without the creation of a patch, the client would not be able to view the modified data, so this is almost impossible to do solely through CPP.

Cooldown is sent through packet so spellmgr fix is used for hotfix/dbc fix for 99% time blizzlike stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Ckabot View Post
    Cooldown is sent through packet so spellmgr fix is used for hotfix/dbc fix for 99% time blizzlike stuff
    SMSG_SPELL_COOLDOWN is sent only after a spell get's casted and doesn't update the cooldown on the tooltip as the OP requested.
    Afaik creating a custom patch with the modified Spell.dbc is the only way to view the changes on the tooltip.

@OP, you can remove the default 30 second cooldown from the item by adding the flag 128 - 0x080 - No default 30 seconds cooldown when equipped if that is what you're asking.

A very poor choice of words on my end.
    While SpellMgr edits should be used in most fixes those which edit client sided data can only be done through dbc files. Without the creation of a patch, the client would not be able to view the modified data, so this is almost impossible to do solely through CPP.
    Well yes of course. Visual changes, like tooltips etc, would require dbc with patch. But plainly adding, modifying or removing spell effects using CPP surely is the adherent way to go.

Besides, custom patches is something most servers wants to avoid due to user ability.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Well yes of course. Visual changes, like tooltips etc, would require dbc with patch. But plainly adding, modifying or removing spell effects using CPP surely is the adherent way to go.

Besides, custom patches is something most servers wants to avoid due to user ability.
    The OP didn't ask for the most optimal method to modify a spell effect, what he asked for was a method to change the cooldown of a spell and allow the client to view the change.