Welcome to AC Web.
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Need help - Custom Models


    REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Hey guys!

    I'm importing MoP models to my 3.3.5,

    I imported these:





    But I want to re-color their textures, (ADD MORE COLOR TEXTURES)
    And It does not let me, because in DBC file textures are empty:



    It does not work if I put "DragonWhelpRed", "DragonWhelpBlue", etc. Because it seems .m2 file automatically loads the textures...



    Any idea what to do here?

  2. #2
    You'll need to change the texture type from hardcored to the wanted DBC slot. Use the M2 template. I would recommend you next time to read the wiki https://wowdev.wiki/M2.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlord View Post
    You'll need to change the texture type from hardcored to the wanted DBC slot. Use the M2 template. I would recommend you next time to read the wiki https://wowdev.wiki/M2.
    Hello Highlord,
    Thanks you a lot for the fast answer!

    I'm new into this so it would be helpful if you tell me how to do this, any video tutorial?

    I got some m2 templates from Tools downloaded by Internet, which m2 should I go for?

    Please, if you can explain me more!
    Again, thanks you!

  4. #4
    https://model-changing.net/files/fil...pt-essentials/ these are for wotlk, run the M2template on your model file, scroll down until you find "textures", here you can modify the type of the textures. I don't know which one should you choose, but in the wiki you can find information for them: https://wowdev.wiki/M2#Textures

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlord View Post
    https://model-changing.net/files/fil...pt-essentials/ these are for wotlk, run the M2template on your model file, scroll down until you find "textures", here you can modify the type of the textures. I don't know which one should you choose, but in the wiki you can find information for them: https://wowdev.wiki/M2#Textures
    I already got those files,

    I know how to run the template, and it looks like this:

    https://i.imgur.com/FAlvlR9.png


    Now,
    textures I need to change to re-color are:
    Code:
    Spells\DragonChromatic.blp --> Dragon body color
    Spells\DragonChromaticHead.blp --> Dragon head color
    Spells\DragonWingAlpha.blp --> Dragon wings color
    I know those textures I need to modify in order to add more Mount colours to game.

    But, what I do not know is how to modify it in order to work for:
    Spells\DragonChromatic_RED.blp, Spells\DragonChromatic_GREEN.blp

    etc

    EDIT:
    I do not understand at all that wiki this is very confusing to me

  6. #6
    I have already told you.. expand the texture and change the type from hardcored to something else, I think TT_BodyorClothes(1) should be for the first DBC slot.

    The Wiki looks confusing because it shows the structure of the file and the possible definitions of it, you just need to have basic program skills like what is a variable.

  7. #7

    REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlord View Post
    I have already told you.. expand the texture and change the type from hardcored to something else, I think TT_BodyorClothes(1) should be for the first DBC slot.

    The Wiki looks confusing because it shows the structure of the file and the possible definitions of it, you just need to have basic program skills like what is a variable.
    Oooooooh now I get it !

    Highlord, I edited it and worked like a charm!

    I love you man thanks you a lot!!! Can't find words to thank you

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •