Welcome to AC Web.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34
  1. #16

    REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    bump

  2. #17

  3. #18

  4. #19
    Hello, original author of the skin here. This theme is stolen.

    I did not give permission to this individual to sell my theme, he used a script to scrape all of the files from my server and resell them.

    I have already asked WPS to take this advertisement down, but he has instead continued bumping this thread. I have contacted the moderators of this site multiple times, and received no response to reports submitted for theft.

    If you are reading this, please do not purchase this theme.

  5. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by teebling View Post
    Hello, original author of the skin here. This theme is stolen.

    I did not give permission to this individual to sell my theme, he used a script to scrape all of the files from my server and resell them.

    I have already asked WPS to take this advertisement down, but he has instead continued bumping this thread. I have contacted the moderators of this site multiple times, and received no response to reports submitted for theft.

    If you are reading this, please do not purchase this theme.
    If you're calling someone out for such heinous crimes against humanity you need to provide at least a shred of proof my dude? Not saying that you're lying but we need something to work with here!

  6. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by O.N. View Post
    If you're calling someone out for such heinous crimes against humanity you need to provide at least a shred of proof my dude? Not saying that you're lying but we need something to work with here!
    This

  7. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by O.N. View Post
    If you're calling someone out for such heinous crimes against humanity you need to provide at least a shred of proof my dude? Not saying that you're lying but we need something to work with here!
    Sure.

    First of all verification that I am the owner of the site from which this code was stolen can be found here - read 'Hello AC Web' at the top.

    Note that the ripoff being advertised here has had many features stripped from it because they will not work on a standard phpBB installation. Take for example the race/class badges, levelling system and other database derived features unique to the original.

    I created the site 2 years ago, and proof of this can be found by referencing Wayback Machine's first snapshot of the site which dates to August the 4th 2018. Now look at when this topic was started, almost one year later - on the 3rd August 2019.

    Lastly, I actually talked to the user through Discord and I will share with you a snapshot of our conversation. Proof that this is indeed his Discord account can be found by noting this post, within this thread, in which he provides his username and identifier:

    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    Yes, you can contact me on Envy#2681
    Here's what he had to say when I confronted him about selling my work:



    From the above you can see that he:

    • Acknowledges that I am the original author of the work and that he respects what I do
    • Refutes my claim to ownership of the templating files which have been scraped and resold
    • Attempts a strawman argument by saying that I am claiming ownership of Blizzard Entertainment assets, when it is in fact the bespoke templating code that has been stolen and which I am urging him to take down. Most of the art assets he thinks are Blizzard's are actually 100% my own work, and those assets which do belong to Blizzard I provide credit for here in line with their policies.
    • Refuses to take down the advertisement, instead promising to modify the theme so that it looks 'different' to mine - but as you will see that has not happened since he posted this message in September of 2019.
    • Claims he will not sell further copies of my site until this supposed 'change' (which hasn't happened). Note that he then proceeded to bump this thread on the same day. and frequently thereafter.


    This theme is stolen.

    I have tried to resolve the dispute with him directly, but he is unwilling to comply and continues to sell my work.

    I have now provided you with what 'evidence' I have of my accusation, and I hope that this will bring about the result that I would like to see - that this thread is taken down and the user in question prohibited from selling work again on AC Web.

    Quote Originally Posted by O.N. View Post
    If you're calling someone out for such heinous crimes against humanity...
    Also I would appreciate if we could keep these exchanges civil and avoid the sarcasm. I'm just trying to stop someone from selling all of my hard work.
    Last edited by teebling; 04-07-2020 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Formatting

  8. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by teebling View Post
    Sure.

    First of all verification that I am the owner of the site from which this code was stolen can be found here - read 'Hello AC Web' at the top.

    Note that the ripoff being advertised here has had many features stripped from it because they will not work on a standard phpBB installation. Take for example the race/class badges, levelling system and other database derived features unique to the original.

    I created the site 2 years ago, and proof of this can be found by referencing Wayback Machine's first snapshot of the site which dates to August the 4th 2018. Now look at when this topic was started, almost one year later - on the 3rd August 2019.

    Lastly, I actually talked to the user through Discord and I will share with you a snapshot of our conversation. Proof that this is indeed his Discord account can be found by noting this post, within this thread, in which he provides his username and identifier:



    Here's what he had to say when I confronted him about selling my work:



    From the above you can see that he:

    • Acknowledges that I am the original author of the work and that he respects what I do
    • Refutes my claim to ownership of the templating files which have been scraped and resold
    • Attempts a strawman argument by saying that I am claiming ownership of Blizzard Entertainment assets, when it is in fact the bespoke templating code that has been stolen and which I am urging him to take down. Most of the art assets he thinks are Blizzard's are actually 100% my own work, and those assets which do belong to Blizzard I provide credit for here in line with their policies.
    • Refuses to take down the advertisement, instead promising to modify the theme so that it looks 'different' to mine - but as you will see that has not happened since he posted this message in September of 2019.
    • Claims he will not sell further copies of my site until this supposed 'change' (which hasn't happened). Note that he then proceeded to bump this thread on the same day. and frequently thereafter.


    This theme is stolen.

    I have tried to resolve the dispute with him directly, but he is unwilling to comply and continues to sell my work.

    I have now provided you with what 'evidence' I have of my accusation, and I hope that this will bring about the result that I would like to see - that this thread is taken down and the user in question prohibited from selling work again on AC Web.



    Also I would appreciate if we could keep these exchanges civil and avoid the sarcasm. I'm just trying to stop someone from selling all of my hard work.
    Also I would appreciate if we could keep these exchanges civil and avoid the sarcasm. I'm just trying to stop someone from selling all of my hard work.
    as a freelance developer this is not intended sarcastically it is really crimes against humanity.

    I'm all to familiar with people stealing art and claiming it as their own or using it without the correct permission I think its only fair to let @WPS reply firstly but it looks pretty clear that he is stealing your work.

  9. #24
    I didn't use any kind of scrapper to get your code. I basically used reverse engineering to create a theme similar to your. I've already stated in the post that the theme is inspired by your website. You know more than well that I can't completely copy your code as this will require changes in the core phpbb forum code. I've also included a lot of my own features to it (for example the custom admin panel).

    That said, I don't plan on closing this thread.

  10. #25
    Karma is a bitch when it comes to these things.

    Stole something, claim it as yours, great you getting some good money, karma is just waiting for the opportunity.

    If you really stole his work, then you should look into the mirror and look at yourself foreal.

  11. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    I didn't use any kind of scrapper to get your code. I basically used reverse engineering to create a theme similar to your.
    It is identical. The art assets are identical. You have literally copy pasted my code, stripping out the bits you couldn't get to work on a standard phpBB installation.

    I've already exposed your theft with hard evidence - your response lacks anything to defend yourself.

    I urge the administrators and moderators of this site to take down the infringing material. Could anybody please help me get in touch with them? They are not responding to reports.

    Meanwhile to everybody reading - this theme and other work he is advertising on this website is stolen - do not purchase anything from WPS.

    Please refer to this post for proof.
    Last edited by teebling; 04-10-2020 at 06:04 PM.

  12. #27

  13. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by teebling View Post
    It is identical. The art assets are identical. You have literally copy pasted my code, stripping out the bits you couldn't get to work on a standard phpBB installation.
    I think you are going over yourself a bit with stating that the theme is stolen, like I hacked into your server and downloaded your files. The theme is similar to yours on the outside, but different at its core. About the standard phpBB installation - this theme is meant to be used by different kind of forums, so it was meant to work only on a standard phpBB installation.

    Also let me just remind you that you are currently arguing about 'stolen' stuff on forum about emulating World of Warcraft.

  14. #29
    Hello again WPS, since your template files are almost identical to my source your vague claim that it is ‘different at its core’ is totally unfounded.

    Furthermore, you don’t seem to deny that all of the art assets are copy pasted and identical, making this unashamed theft of both code AND graphics work.

    The forum is about World of Warcraft: Classic, which is actually a retail product if you hadn’t realised already - not an emulation. Allow me to ‘remind’ YOU that theft is theft, and even were it about emulation the principle stands resolute.

    Take down this advertisement or I WILL bring DMCA cease and desist claims to all of your clients - they’re not difficult to find with Google reverse image search and Google Alerts.

    Which would you prefer - losing your reputation with paying customers and potentially facing more issues down the line with them, or just taking down this advertisement in 2 minutes and not losing anything?

    Your choice pal.

  15. #30
    running amongst ghouls ..

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Living in real time, dreaming in digits, thinking in binary, talking in melody.
    Posts
    10,771

    REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Teebling ... At first I was going to say ... What a beautiful forum theme - job well done! After reading your posts ... All I can really say, nothing more to be expected from Bulgarians ...
    Fun fact - Did you know it's widely spread in Bulgaria that it's Bulgarian that invented the first computer ... Poor AT&T ...

    P.S. WPS - A ti pa verno ne moja povechko da se izlojish ...
    Last edited by AwkwardDev; 05-14-2020 at 04:06 AM.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •