Welcome to AC Web.

World of Warcraft Classi Thread

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Not sure if there is one already, but i'm getting hyped for the classic release by Blizzard. Any news of it yet?

Translation ~~ we aren't as profitable as we once were, better fill in some bullshit nostalgia and take 15 euros a month from those idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by JadaBigHomosexual View Post
    take 15 euros a month from those idiots.
    ???

Classic's subscription will be tied into the current/retail WoW subscription, they aren't taking any additional money.

Quote Originally Posted by SolitudeGaming View Post
    ???

Classic's subscription will be tied into the current/retail WoW subscription, they aren't taking any additional money.
    Paying 15 euros a month for a game you paid 60 euros beforehand is quite stupid, when there are plenty of MMOs out there offering similar experience. Wtf do they need those 15 euros for?

Paying 15 euros a month for a game you paid 60 euros beforehand is quite stupid, when there are plenty of MMOs out there offering similar experience. Wtf do they need those 15 euros for?
    I mean you could make the same argument for people who play on Xbox or PSN when they are basically paying for internet to play their games, which they also paid $40-$60 for, online. Companies do it because they know people will pay it mindlessly

<NovusCore>

Seems you are slightly confused at what you’re paying for.

When purchasing a game like WoW you’re paying 60$ to chip in for the development costs of the game, then there is a subscription fee that goes towards paying for the support team, testers, administrative meetings, hardware and continued development.

Essentially in this case with classic wow, you are paying for just the subscription with entails every mentioned previously and not for the development of the assets etc.
    Saying that the solution provided by blizzard is not fair is delusional.
    Last edited by Lightning Blade; 03-08-2019 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Blade View Post
    Seems you are slightly confused at what you’re paying for.

When purchasing a game like WoW you’re paying 60$ to chip in for the development costs of the game, then there is a subscription fee that goes towards paying for the support team, testers, administrative meetings, hardware and continued development.

Essentially in this case with classic wow, you are paying for just the subscription with entails every mentioned previously and not for the development of the assets etc.
    Saying that the solution provided by blizzard is not fair is delusional.
    Don't bullshit me with the "economics" if other game developers don't charge 15 euros a month so can blizzard, it's just to increase their profits

<NovusCore>

Don't bullshit me with the "economics" if other game developers don't charge 15 euros a month so can blizzard, it's just to increase their profits
    You can't make the blind see.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Blade View Post
    You can't make the blind see.
    you actually can in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Mallor View Post
    you actually can in some cases.
    Takes alot of energy and time, you might also not get there.

@OP, i don't think there's a specific release date yet, but it doesn't sound very promising.

I'm happy a classic server is coming with blizzard's resources

I think most of Classic population will be players currently already playing on vanilla pservs, that are in every way inferior to what blizzard will provide.

As for the other players, once the nostalgia goggles wear off, most of them will leave. Vanilla has a lot of perks, mostly the sense of progression, achievement and community, which made people fall in love with the game in the first place. That being said, the awful grind, unbalance, and overall how tedious the game feels, will repel most in a matter of weeks imo.

I do hope it finds a decent population to maybe have blizzard go through all other expacs as well at some point, but yeah, I do not feel like vanilla wow will be a fit for most casual players nowadays, as the investment required is that much higher

Nostalgia is there to fetishize it, not to relive it again.

Are you guys going to play it? I think we could play together in the same realm etc.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    I also heard that they want to return the classic) But I would like to see something similar to mobile devices))