Welcome to AC Web.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 182
  1. #31


    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    rural America
    Posts
    218

    REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Hi StygianTheBest,

    I'm new to the emulator world and just starting to figure it all out. I've been playing using the repack AzerothCoreSolo and loving it. When I saw your newly updated repack announcement I decided to give it a go, you offer a lot of features that appeal to me. Thank you for your effort, time and passion, all imperative to good software development!

    I'm a bit confused by the configuration files you've supplied. First off, with the exception of worldserver.conf, all the files have a .dist extension. Are these loaded as they are or should I remove the .dist ext to enable them? If they are loaded as is, why is there a worldserver.conf AND a worldserver.conf.dist? Naturally, I've noticed the differences of the files internally, but this somewhat confuses me more. If the .dist files are being read, that means parameters from one are overriding the other. So which is read first?

    Any clarification you could offer to help me understand the mechanics of the initialization process will be much appreciated!

  2. #32
    Love this repack
    Last edited by insidiouz; 03-07-2019 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Additions

  3. #33

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by vratam View Post
    Hi StygianTheBest,

    I'm new to the emulator world and just starting to figure it all out. I've been playing using the repack AzerothCoreSolo and loving it. When I saw your newly updated repack announcement I decided to give it a go, you offer a lot of features that appeal to me. Thank you for your effort, time and passion, all imperative to good software development!

    I'm a bit confused by the configuration files you've supplied. First off, with the exception of worldserver.conf, all the files have a .dist extension. Are these loaded as they are or should I remove the .dist ext to enable them? If they are loaded as is, why is there a worldserver.conf AND a worldserver.conf.dist? Naturally, I've noticed the differences of the files internally, but this somewhat confuses me more. If the .dist files are being read, that means parameters from one are overriding the other. So which is read first?

    Any clarification you could offer to help me understand the mechanics of the initialization process will be much appreciated!
    Yes, it can be a little confusing at first, but let me bring you up to speed.

    The .dist files are always read first. The worldserver.conf.dist is required for the game engine (worldserver.exe) to load. The .dist files contain ALL of the configuration parameters in their default state and (best practices) should never be changed. When you want to make a change, you create/edit a worldserver.conf file (without the .dist), adding in only the configuration parameters you want to alter. This allows you to have a smaller and cleaner config file containing only the settings that have been altered.

    The same can be done with the modules, but since they are smaller, it's no big deal to go ahead and edit the .dist file, which is what I suggest you do. If you haven't read the following files in my repack, go ahead and do that too.

    READ THE FOLLOWING FILES BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO RESTORE, EDIT, OR DELETE ANY SQL OR CONFIG FILES IN THE REPACK

    TOOLS\README.MD
    TOOLS\WORK\README.MD
    As for my process, I'll first go through the entire .dist file and pick out the settings I want to change on my server, I'll put these into the worldserver.conf file. Now I don't have to edit or look at the giant .dist version anymore. If I need to go back to the defaults, I can delete or rename the worldserver.conf file without going through the chore of trying to figure out which settings where changed in the worldserver.conf.dist.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by insidiouz View Post
    Love this repack
    Glad you're enjoying it!

  4. #34


    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    rural America
    Posts
    218
    Excellent! Thanks Styg for the clarification, it makes perfect sense to me now and will, as you have provided for, make life a whole lot easier to tinker.

  5. #35
    Thank you very much for this nice repack. Is it possible for you to upload a 32Bit version of the exe files?
    I'm using a Raspberry Pi 3 with Windows 10, perfectly with an BC Repack. Sadly the RasPi only supports 32 Bit.

  6. #36
    Hey, I have really been enjoying this Repack, I am wondering if there was a way to remove the requirements for tools. Like Fishing, Mining, Skinning, Enchanting..etc, is there something I can edit or change?

    Thanks, Aaron

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by StygianTheBest View Post
    Thanks! It's no different than Trinity in terms of getting it to run over LAN/WAN.

    1) Point the domain to your Server IP/Port.
    2) Open the port on your server and verify connectivity.
    3) Update the realmlist table in the auth database setting address = Server IP and localaddress= 127.0.0.1.
    Thanks man one more question where can i specify the password length or max length for the registration page? at the moment it says it has to be between 3 and 6 but id like to make it 3 and 8 for example..

    ** EDIT Found it in SOAPRegistration.php **
    Last edited by Grizzlykiwi; 03-08-2019 at 01:40 AM.

  8. #38
    Can i run this repack on my vps with windoes server 2012?
    If so, where should i change the ip configuration?
    Thanks for the great repack

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Negativez View Post
    Can you stop repacks please and especially ones that are 10 years old....
    If you don't like it, don't download it. Stop criticizing. i for one am looking forward to trying it.

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by iGsYnDrOme View Post
    Thank you very much for this nice repack. Is it possible for you to upload a 32Bit version of the exe files?
    I'm using a Raspberry Pi 3 with Windows 10, perfectly with an BC Repack. Sadly the RasPi only supports 32 Bit.
    I'll keep this in mind for a future release.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by lucid00 View Post
    Can i run this repack on my vps with windoes server 2012?
    If so, where should i change the ip configuration?
    Thanks for the great repack
    You're welcome! Yes, you can run it, but I suggest having at least 4GB RAM. Be sure to read all the docs, especially this section to learn more about changing the IP.

    https://stygianthebest.github.io/pro...ch-game-client

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AaronGR View Post
    Hey, I have really been enjoying this Repack, I am wondering if there was a way to remove the requirements for tools. Like Fishing, Mining, Skinning, Enchanting..etc, is there something I can edit or change?

    Thanks, Aaron
    I've never tried to do that. This is a more general AzerothCore question, so you might have better luck posting this question in the appropriate forum.

  11. #41
    so far this is an excellent repack. i especially love the new login graphics. thank you for your hard work on this.

    - - - Updated - - -

    just curious, is the actual beast master in game or just supported to be added in later?
    nvrmnd, i couldn't find white fang so i spawned him lol
    Last edited by bladeturbo1973; 03-10-2019 at 06:21 AM.

  12. #42

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by bladeturbo1973 View Post
    so far this is an excellent repack. i especially love the new login graphics. thank you for your hard work on this.

    - - - Updated - - -

    just curious, is the actual beast master in game or just supported to be added in later?
    nvrmnd, i couldn't find white fang so i spawned him lol
    White Fang is located in Sunrock Retreat (.tele sunrock) and at Camp Silithus (.tele campadv). Spawning him works too!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Greetings!

    StygianCore v2019.03.10 has been released!

    DOWNLOAD


    The StygianCore repack and sources have been completely upgraded to the latest revision of AzerothCore. I did not want to delay the initial v2019.03.01 release of the StygianCore repack, so it did not include the recently revised database structures or important commits that greatly improve the core. If you are running a previous version, I highly recommend moving to this one ASAP.

    The StygianCore repack will now be released quarterly and will incorporate the latest AzerothCore changes as well as any updated or additional StygianCore custom content. The project sources will be continually updated as I make changes and pull from the AzerothCore repository.
    Last edited by StygianTheBest; 03-10-2019 at 02:15 PM.

  13. #43
    Thank you so much for all your hard work. I've been away from the WoW repack scene for a good 5 years now. I got the urge to play again today and found your project. This was a breeze to just get in and play, I love the ease with which I can edit your modules and the inclusion of the admin mod, super user friendly. Thank you again!
    Last edited by nefertari22; 03-11-2019 at 02:24 AM.

  14. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by nefertari22 View Post
    Thank you so much for all your hard work. I've been away from the WoW repack scene for a good 5 years now. I got the urge to play again today and found your project. This was a breeze to just get in and play, I love the ease with which I can edit your modules and the inclusion of the admin mod, super user friendly. Thank you again!
    You're welcome and glad you're enjoying the repack. Yeah, I love the admin tools, especially the Carbonite map teleport. Makes exploring so much easier!

  15. #45


    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    rural America
    Posts
    218

    REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Hello, again, StygianTheBest,

    The included Random Enchants module contains three parameters: OnLoot, OnCreate, and OnQuestReward. Am I correct in assuming RandomEnchants.Chance1, 2 & 3 percent values correspond to these; i.e., Chance1 = OnLoot, Chance2 = OnCreate, Chance3 = OnQuestReward? If not, how do these percentages relate in-game? Thanks!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Oh, another question...

    I found the parameter to remain on the character screen, set to better than four hours, yet the game kicks me out after 30 minutes or so.Is there a parameter that can be set to prevent the game from kicking out my character, returning it to the character login screen, after prolonged AFK?

    Thank you.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •