Welcome to AC Web.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTBonE View Post
    I do have one other question and I apologize in advance if you've already answered this.

Where do I find just the update to the core?

I see...

MENU OPTIONS
    [0] Patch Core
    Only visible if a repack update archive is found.
    Updates the repack to the latest release.

...but can't seem to find "just the update". I've looked on your website, the GitHub, this thread - again, I acknowledge that it may be in plain sight, but I'm not sure what I'm looking at.
    You shouldn't be seeing that unless a patch archive is currently in the root folder of the repack. There are no patches right now because I put out a brand new release on 2019.03.10. You should delete what you have and download the repack again. That should take care of the issues you're having and ensure you're on the latest release.

Hello Stygian,

very nice repack I was playing it solo / tested it - love it. Now I invited my friend over hamachi to server but we are having difficulties connecting him - I changed IP in config world and auth config but we cant pass message "SUCCESS" on his side - he can see the server but he cant connect.

Could you please help us?

Thanks ! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by StygianTheBest View Post
    You shouldn't be seeing that unless a patch archive is currently in the root folder of the repack. There are no patches right now because I put out a brand new release on 2019.03.10. You should delete what you have and download the repack again. That should take care of the issues you're having and ensure you're on the latest release.
    That makes perfect sense. Appreciate the clarification!

@ StygianTheBest

Thanks for your reply. The random enchants doc you pointed me to at git.hub clarified my confusion. I appreciate your help!

I've updated my copy of mod_randomenchants.conf.dist to include the explanations given at the git.hub link, so months from now when I decide to make a modification and have forgotten what the params represent, I'll have immediate commentation to remind me.

I'm a direct individual, sometimes it may come off as condescending, it was unintentional. Sorry.

Where exactly can i find a downloadbutton for the newest repack?
    You have to forgive me but if i follow your download link i come on this page: https://stygianthebest.github.io/pro...r-stygiancore/
    I have read this page several times but i can't find a download button here.
    I can find the link to the source but i don't have the expertise to compile it.
    Would you be so kind to tell me where the downloadbutton for the newest repack exactly is?

BTW thanks to your help i was able to run your older server and it runs perfectly. Thanks for that!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulWantsToPlay View Post
    You have to forgive me but if i follow your download link i come on this page: https://stygianthebest.github.io/pro...r-stygiancore/
    I have read this page several times but i can't find a download button here.
    I can find the link to the source but i don't have the expertise to compile it.
    Would you be so kind to tell me where the downloadbutton for the newest repack exactly is?

BTW thanks to your help i was able to run your older server and it runs perfectly. Thanks for that!
    You can find it here scroll down to information section below source code https://github.com/StygianTheBest/StygianCore

Quote Originally Posted by xXx-OuTLaW-xXx View Post
    You can find it here scroll down to information section below source code https://github.com/StygianTheBest/StygianCore
    Found it, thank you very much!

For anyone interested. Should you, like me, prefer to remain logged in to your current character while you take care of other business, but notice that upon returning the server has returned you to the character login screen, the parameter, MaxOverspeedPings, found in the worldserver.conf file, can be modified to lengthen the amount of time it allows before kicking you out.

StygianCore has this value set to zero in worldserver.conf, thereby overriding the worldserver.conf.dist default value of 2.

There is another parameter, MaxPingTime, whose value sets the length of time between database pings. I don't know for certain whether these two parameters relate to each other; but, what I do know is, with the repack installed with MaxOverspeedPings=0, I was getting booted back to the character screen after 30 minutes. When I returned MaxOverspeedPings to its default value I wasn't, though I haven't confirmed I would be after an hour (or would it be an hour and a half). Regardless, I have now assigned a value of 5 to my MaxOverspeedPings parameter and anticipate no further issues with being kicked out of the game world while AFK.

One final note: I play solo. This may be something you want to keep at a shorter interval if playing over LAN or Internet. This may be the reason StygianCore assigns this parameter to zero.

I have another question.
    When i run the updated server it runs well, but only has the account admin.
    First i run my old database and export my characters/account. Then i run my new database and import characters/account with your tools.
    The problem now is that the authserver and worldserver won't start again.
    My question: what is the correct way to transfer my old characters to my new server?

Quote Originally Posted by Rageweawerr View Post
    Hello Stygian,

very nice repack I was playing it solo / tested it - love it. Now I invited my friend over hamachi to server but we are having difficulties connecting him - I changed IP in config world and auth config but we cant pass message "SUCCESS" on his side - he can see the server but he cant connect.

Could you please help us?

Thanks ! :-)
    I recently helped you solve this issue via email. In the future, please open a ticket on Github rather than here on the forum or through email. This way the issue can be properly tracked and any information about it will be available for others who may face the same problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for reporting this. I forgot to push the update to the website doc! I have now updated it with the same information located in the Github version.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vratam View Post
    For anyone interested. Should you, like me, prefer to remain logged in to your current character while you take care of other business, but notice that upon returning the server has returned you to the character login screen, the parameter, MaxOverspeedPings, found in the worldserver.conf file, can be modified to lengthen the amount of time it allows before kicking you out.

StygianCore has this value set to zero in worldserver.conf, thereby overriding the worldserver.conf.dist default value of 2.

There is another parameter, MaxPingTime, whose value sets the length of time between database pings. I don't know for certain whether these two parameters relate to each other; but, what I do know is, with the repack installed with MaxOverspeedPings=0, I was getting booted back to the character screen after 30 minutes. When I returned MaxOverspeedPings to its default value I wasn't, though I haven't confirmed I would be after an hour (or would it be an hour and a half). Regardless, I have now assigned a value of 5 to my MaxOverspeedPings parameter and anticipate no further issues with being kicked out of the game world while AFK.

One final note: I play solo. This may be something you want to keep at a shorter interval if playing over LAN or Internet. This may be the reason StygianCore assigns this parameter to zero.
    Thanks for helping track down the solution to this. It would be beneficial if you could open a Github ticket for this issue so we can track the solve for others who may have this issue in the future. I believe that was a suggested change culled from the AzerothCore team, but I cannot remember what it was supposed to rectify. I play mostly over LAN and haven't experienced the issue myself.

- - - Updated - - -

I have another question.
    When i run the updated server it runs well, but only has the account admin.
    First i run my old database and export my characters/account. Then i run my new database and import characters/account with your tools.
    The problem now is that the authserver and worldserver won't start again.
    My question: what is the correct way to transfer my old characters to my new server?
    The older v2019.03.01 version is not compatible with the new v2019.03.10 version. Both will run perfectly fine, the databases are not compatible due to the many improvements and changes recently made to AzerothCore. As stated in the first post, I suggest you update to the new version because all new releases and updates won't be compatible with the original release.

----------
    - StygianCore Repack
    - StygianCore 335a HD Client Upgrade
    - Bug Reports, Requests, Suggestions
    - My WoW Projects
    - GitHub

Any chance to set the Drop rates in this repack myself?

Rate.Drop.Item.Poor = 1
    Rate.Drop.Item.Normal = 1
    Rate.Drop.Item.Uncommon = 1
    Rate.Drop.Item.Rare = 1
    Rate.Drop.Item.Epic = 1
    Rate.Drop.Item.Legendary = 1
    Rate.Drop.Item.Artifact = 1
    Rate.Drop.Item.Referenced = 1
    Rate.Drop.Money = 1

was looking for these lines but couldn't find them. Can i add them in the worldserver.conf like that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sylencer View Post
    Any chance to set the Drop rates in this repack myself?

Rate.Drop.Item.Poor = 1
    Rate.Drop.Item.Normal = 1
    Rate.Drop.Item.Uncommon = 1
    Rate.Drop.Item.Rare = 1
    Rate.Drop.Item.Epic = 1
    Rate.Drop.Item.Legendary = 1
    Rate.Drop.Item.Artifact = 1
    Rate.Drop.Item.Referenced = 1
    Rate.Drop.Money = 1

was looking for these lines but couldn't find them. Can i add them in the worldserver.conf like that ?
    First locate the lines in the worldserver.conf.dist file, then copy the lines you want to edit into worldserver.conf and make the changes there.

I actually just did that but i felt nothing changed in the Game (after i restarted the whole thing). Gotta try on other Monsters and see if their drop increased.

Thanks for the quick response tho.

Another question would be - Can i remove the random enchats mod/script/whatever from my server? I really don't like this.

@StygianTheBest: thanks for answering my question about transferring old characters.
    Too bad it isn't possible too transfer them.
    I understand that perfecting your repack has included the changing of the database so it is not possible to transfer them using the export and import functions of your tools.
    Because the updates will be only for the new repack (understandable as well) i want to change to your new repack.
    But i won't give up on this: where can i find the information how the database is changed? I think it is possible to be able to transfer my character (it is only one character) by hand with HeidiSQL if i know how the database is changed. But i need that information. Can you provide me with this information?
    Thanks in advance.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    I have a question,I have an old save dump file from my old server where i used to play for years,i belive there i no way to restore it into any repakcks .But is there a way to see what my char was? To simplify.....to load the save file into some kind of editor and then list the quest i completed,the items i had,the reputasion etc.If i woud have that information, i whoud fine tune a new character and continued journey from there....