Welcome to AC Web.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Cache was clear first run. This was stuff that came in the folder for the GUI for login screen changes. I found the line in the file it was talking about in \Interface\GlueXML\CharacterCreate.xml but that stuff like everything else I couldn't understand to save my life. Most likely I messed up something somewhere lol normally is on me

Quote Originally Posted by kiamoonfang View Post
    Cache was clear first run. This was stuff that came in the folder for the GUI for login screen changes. I found the line in the file it was talking about in \Interface\GlueXML\CharacterCreate.xml but that stuff like everything else I couldn't understand to save my life. Most likely I messed up something somewhere lol normally is on me
    ahaha, ok I see

Hi, your StygianCore is truly amazing. Thank you for all your work on this!

Would you please help me with one quick question? (I already have the server set up, the client, and everything working as intended.)

- How do I enable it in the setting so that the enemies in the regular world/zones scale to the same level as my character as I play? (I want to still quest in low level areas and have challenging mobs to fight.)

I did 2 days of research and found out that I should change mod_vasautobalance.conf.dist to these settings:

#
    # VASAutoBalance.levelScaling
    # Check the max level of players in map and scale creature based on it
    # 0 = Disabled
    # 1 = Enabled only in dungeons
    # 2 = Always enabled
    # Default: 1

VASAutoBalance.levelScaling = 2

#
    # VASAutoBalance.levelHigherOffset
    # VASAutoBalance.levelLowerOffset
    # Level Offsets between creatures will not be scaled by level.
    # You can even use it to disable scaling from lower to higher levelScaling
    # setting levelLowerOffset to 80 (max wotlk level) for example.
    # default: 3 (higher), 0 (lower)

VASAutoBalance.levelHigherOffset = 0
    VASAutoBalance.levelLowerOffset = 0

I made the changes. The trouble is that the enemies in the world are still very low level compared to my character. So it seems that did not work. I also restarted the world server, etc. No luck.

Would you please tell me what I need to change to make this work? Thank you!

Hello! I recently downloaded and installed this repack. Everything seems to be working fine, but for some reason all of the NPCs are bright green with no textures. Any idea as to how this might have happened? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainIlliteracy View Post
    Hello! I recently downloaded and installed this repack. Everything seems to be working fine, but for some reason all of the NPCs are bright green with no textures. Any idea as to how this might have happened? Thanks.
    I have the same issue, for me its related to the patch-z.mpq. if it is added it get the green textures on a lot of original content, but without it custom content doesn't quite work. I haven't been able to figure out more other than that.

Quote Originally Posted by stoudtlr View Post
    Stygian, just want to say this repack has been awesome. I've been running two copies of it since October without issues. One on my home server that me and the kids play together on and another locally installed on my laptop with different config settings for when I'm traveling for work and playing by myself. Both have worked as flawlessly as can be expected of a repack with just a couple minor issues that gm commands fixed. Keep up the great work!
    I'm glad you're enjoying the repack. Thanks for the kind words and update on how it's been running for you and your family.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope I can ask for help here since I downloaded this repack. I'm very new to this stuff and just want a local place to mess around. I log in and go in to make me my own char and I get an error Too many races! Update MAX_RACES. I'm a bit fearful to mess with files too much as I don't want to end up breaking anything being a noob. TY For any help you can give.
    I've never heard of this error, and I didn't do any modifications to races. I suggest downloading and starting over. Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

There should be no issues like this with the supplied files. Be sure you're using the default build and haven't modified any of the code or added other addon/mod content before getting it up and running.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainIlliteracy View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grimwald View Post
    I have the same issue, for me its related to the patch-z.mpq. if it is added it get the green textures on a lot of original content, but without it custom content doesn't quite work. I haven't been able to figure out more other than that.
    When these issues usually occur is when people are using custom clients or mix/match different assets from other clients with mine. If you do this intentionally or unintentionally (you've been testing out lots of stuff and forgot something) it will not work and you'll run into issues like this.

I tested this with Nvidia (high end) and Intel HD chipsets 4000 (low end) chipsets without any memory or video issues. If this textures are showing as green, it either can't read the texture location or data from the files (unlikely), there's some issue with your video hardware/memory (unlikely), or your CLEAN/DEFAULT cleint wasn't upgrading it as per my specific documentation.

I suggest starting with a clean/default 3.3.5a client and upgrading exactly as I state in the docs.

----------
    - StygianCore Repack
    - StygianCore 335a HD Client Upgrade
    - Bug Reports, Requests, Suggestions
    - My WoW Projects
    - GitHub
    Last edited by StygianTheBest; 02-18-2020 at 05:48 PM.

I think I may have found an issue with the included launcher tool after adding a second repack to my home server. If I have StygianCore running first and then launch my other server both worldservers and authservers run and everything works. However, if I start the other repacks worldservers and authservers first and then launch StygianCore using the tool my already running worldserver from the other repack gets shut down when stygian world server launches. Something in the launcher code kills other world servers.

when i try to connect to my server from another place, i cant login into the game, i get "Success!" and donsn't go more than that.

I can play in local lan but i can't play outside my lan.

my realmlist is set to 192.168.1.67 its my ipv4
    i openned ports 8085, 80 and 3724

can someone help
    Last edited by bacoco; 02-22-2020 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bacoco View Post
    when i try to connect to my server from another place, i cant login into the game, i get "Success!" and donsn't go more than that.

can someone help
    have you changed the IP in your database? If you have try doing that but with a clean freshly extracted version of the repack, see if you've changed something in your repack that broke things.

Quote Originally Posted by bacoco View Post

can someone help
    your ip 192.168.1.67 is a private ip, it can't be access through internet, you need set port forwarding in your router.

Quote Originally Posted by den13501 View Post
    your ip 192.168.1.67 is a private ip, it can't be access through internet, you need set port forwarding in your router.
    Besides the port forwarding you also need to change your game client realmlist to show your wan address. Using lan address won't work since you are outside of your lan.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    i got a dll missing error, after fixing it i now get interface.mpq is missing. did i download the wrong client? i'm not sure what went wrong, would appreciate any help