Welcome to AC Web.
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Thanks for putting this all together, i moved a server that had been running an outdated trinitycore for 2yrs onto your repack. Meant starting over for all of us, but I was excited to move to an azerothcore based repack and you seem very active in the community.

I had a question. Is there a way to limit the 1k starting gold to an account's first toon? I dont want people creating toons and mailing their main gold. I believe this may be happening. I was hoping there was a db or config change i could make.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrochu View Post
    Thanks for putting this all together, i moved a server that had been running an outdated trinitycore for 2yrs onto your repack. Meant starting over for all of us, but I was excited to move to an azerothcore based repack and you seem very active in the community.

I had a question. Is there a way to limit the 1k starting gold to an account's first toon? I dont want people creating toons and mailing their main gold. I believe this may be happening. I was hoping there was a db or config change i could make.

Thanks again.
    The starting gold is a core option, so I don't think it would be possible to limit that to the first character on an account without modifying the core code. If people are exploiting it, go zero out their gold in the DB and change the value to something more suitable. You might be able to use my Codebox NPC with a unique item code, which is included in the repack, to give players gold on only one character but you would have to create a bunch of codes and mail them to the players.

When I release the next update these codes can be entered, edited, and deleted by talking to the NPC in game if you're a GM.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darksax View Post
    Lovin' the repack, its quite polished. any chance we get soon x86 executables?
    I will compile X86 versions on the next release, but I have no ETA on that at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sylencer View Post
    I'm facing another issue now :

Rate.Drop.Item.Poor = 1 / not modified
    Rate.Drop.Item.Normal = 1 / not modified
    Rate.Drop.Item.Uncommon = 9 / doesn't work - regardless of how high or low i set it, i don't drop anything.
    Rate.Drop.Item.Rare = 9 / same as above
    Rate.Drop.Item.Epic = 100 / same as uncommon
    Rate.Drop.Item.Legendary = 100 / same
    Rate.Drop.Item.Artifact = 100 / not tested
    Rate.Drop.Item.Referenced = 1 / not modified
    Rate.Drop.Money = 100 / works
    Rate.Reputation.Gain = 100 / works.

What could lead to this issue?
    This is vague with no context. Give me a detailed breakdown of what you're trying to achieve and I'll try to help.

Quote Originally Posted by StygianTheBest View Post
    The starting gold is a core option, so I don't think it would be possible to limit that to the first character on an account without modifying the core code. If people are exploiting it, go zero out their gold in the DB and change the value to something more suitable. You might be able to use my Codebox NPC with a unique item code, which is included in the repack, to give players gold on only one character but you would have to create a bunch of codes and mail them to the players.

When I release the next update these codes can be entered, edited, and deleted by talking to the NPC in game if you're a GM.

Thanks for responding. I like the idea of doing the codes. I dont have a ton of players so it will be manageable. Appreciate it!

You should add the playerbots

Here everyone is asking how to turn off heirloom vendors in starting areas and I haven't even found one yet. Where are they supposed to be?

Soooo not what I thought they'd look like. Solved.
    Last edited by Hoburt; 06-16-2019 at 12:41 AM. Reason: update

So I have no idea how to find the file that AzerothCore uses, but it has a working solo dungeon finder. Wondering if that would be possible to implement into StygianCore?

Quote Originally Posted by Tntdruid View Post
    You should add the playerbots
    It would be a great addition to the repack. If someone can get it working I'll gladly implement it. I'm in semi-retirement ATM due to work and other obligations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hoburt View Post
    Here everyone is asking how to turn off heirloom vendors in starting areas and I haven't even found one yet. Where are they supposed to be?

Soooo not what I thought they'd look like. Solved.
    Hah! I made them small, unobtrusive, and out of the way for a reason. Removing them can be done with a simple database query.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnheardKILLJOY View Post
    So I have no idea how to find the file that AzerothCore uses, but it has a working solo dungeon finder. Wondering if that would be possible to implement into StygianCore?
    Is this a new feature implemented on AzerothCore or done through a module/core hack? Either way, if it's working I can implement it. If you can, respond with a link to what you're referencing.

----------
    - StygianCore Repack
    - StygianCore 335a HD Client Upgrade
    - Bug Reports, Requests, Suggestions
    - My WoW Projects
    - GitHub

I cannot use this repack as 7-zip is spitting out header errors on decompression with the maps.

Quote Originally Posted by StygianTheBest View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I will compile X86 versions on the next release, but I have no ETA on that at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

This is vague with no context. Give me a detailed breakdown of what you're trying to achieve and I'll try to help.
    My issue was that no matter what rate i set on loot it did not increase the drop rate at all. I basically only got quest items, some gold and some random items i would normally get on blizzlike setting.
    Haven't gotten any blue or higher quality drop on any mob i killed up to lvl 30.
    But what it might causes could be my client since i grabbed it from the net and im not sure if thats one vanilla 3.3.5a client which is not modified. Can't install my wow from my disk because my new pc does not have an optical drive and i dont feel like buying an usb drive. If you could provide me a source where to find a proper working client - i will try that out with your repack and check if the loot is still messed up.

p.s. sry for the late response, been busy with work.

Quote Originally Posted by PTMC View Post
    I cannot use this repack as 7-zip is spitting out header errors on decompression with the maps.
    Never experienced this and haven't had any other reports about it. Have you tried both download sources? Is your 7Zip a recent version?

----------
    - StygianCore Repack
    - StygianCore 335a HD Client Upgrade
    - Bug Reports, Requests, Suggestions
    - My WoW Projects
    - GitHub

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sylencer View Post
    My issue was that no matter what rate i set on loot it did not increase the drop rate at all. I basically only got quest items, some gold and some random items i would normally get on blizzlike setting.
    Haven't gotten any blue or higher quality drop on any mob i killed up to lvl 30.
    But what it might causes could be my client since i grabbed it from the net and im not sure if thats one vanilla 3.3.5a client which is not modified. Can't install my wow from my disk because my new pc does not have an optical drive and i dont feel like buying an usb drive. If you could provide me a source where to find a proper working client - i will try that out with your repack and check if the loot is still messed up.

p.s. sry for the late response, been busy with work.
    No problem. It shouldn't be a client issue. I've had a few other reports about that module, so there's likely a few more bugs in there. Please add your report to the bug reports on Github by followig the link below. I'll take a look next time I'm working on the repack.

Is it possible maiby you could add in future the Solo dungeon and raid system ?

- - - Updated - - -

btw that "Tome of world Flying" doesn't work for me, i learned it but it doesnt allow me to fly in classic zones any tip to fix that ?
    Last edited by dsadsadas; 07-01-2019 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dsadsadas View Post
    Is it possible maiby you could add in future the Solo dungeon and raid system ?

- - - Updated - - -

btw that "Tome of world Flying" doesn't work for me, i learned it but it doesnt allow me to fly in classic zones any tip to fix that ?
    Are you using the correct mount? You have to use the "Black Qiraji Battle Tank" mount. It will then choose from a few pre-defined models in the config file which you can change to whatever you like.

is there a way to get 2 resource tracking? I don't see any options in the world config.

Hi, just downloaded your repack the DB starts but I am getting the authserver.exe application error 7b with auth and world. Any thing come to mind?

Resolved. Finally got the right combo of dll's
    Last edited by Slaymore; 07-17-2019 at 10:39 PM. Reason: resolved the issue

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Happy Thursday, all! I'm super grateful for the good documentation on everything, Stygian! However, I don't suppose there is a guide for dummies for this?

I've had a devil of a time trying to get this set up and working. It doesn't help that it took me a while to figure out I was missing one of the MS Visual C++ packs.

All four servers now start and work, and I have my client realmlist.wtf file set, but when attempting to connect the client just gets stuck on "Connecting" until it eventually throws an error with a link to the Blizzard KB. It is being hosted on a small media server running Windows 10, with an internal IP. Firewall is open for all four servers.

Also, how do I get to the command prompt to create accounts and things?

Please let me know what other info you may need to help me figure out what I don't know. Thanks!

EDIT:
    OK, got connected if I host the server directly locally on my PC. If, however, I have it on the server or trying to connect externally using DDNS, it gets through the authentication but then won't connect to the world server. It just keeps reloading the realm list.

I think the part that is defeating me is the realmlist sql table. I'm not really sure what I'm doing in there. How can I add multiple IPs to be allowed to connect? I'm also trying to get my little brother in, and he lives down the street but would be coming from outside. I have his IP and a DDNS address setup, with port forwarding on my router, but can't figure out how to get him in either. I'm guessing it is all related to the realmlist table in the database, and I don't know enough about sql (read: anything) to figure it out.

EDIT2:
    OK, I have it working! The trick is to put the external IP address in the realmlist table, or, if only dealing with connections on your LAN, to put the server host IP there. To me, the instructions weren't clear, and I thought we had to add the IPs of each client trying to connect.

I am having difficulty having the server actually read and apply all config items in the .conf files. I'll see if I can figure out how to log a bug report on Stygian's project site.
    Last edited by Cetera; 08-02-2019 at 03:35 PM.