Welcome to AC Web.

Smile Need little remind / help with gossip options.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Hey Ac! I just trying to make npc teleporter but i need tiny bit help (others i can do myself) i just need someone clear me how i make a new tab with own list? I need this to show like: (Main tab) Capital Citys > (new tab with new list) Sw, Ironforge, Darnasus etc. For some reason i have forgot how it has done but i need to do "new" list for citys otherwise its just one big list what can look bad.

Basically instead teleporting a player when selecting a gossip you give him a new gossip menu to pick from
    I assume you managed to get that far, so I think you should be able to do this. If not let me know and I'll explain further

Quote Originally Posted by Project2k14 View Post
    Basically instead teleporting a player when selecting a gossip you give him a new gossip menu to pick from
    I assume you managed to get that far, so I think you should be able to do this. If not let me know and I'll explain further
    Yeah, i mean i have forgot how that is done. I need to remind how make Gossip option that opens new tab where i can then put options for citys.

It is simple just make a gossip option and it teles there but sooner or later the list will come more full and it will show ugly if there is tons of locations to pick so i need it to make it more logic.

Gossip menu (main)
    Subgossip menu (teleports)

then Smart scripts do the trick with gossip menu id to teleport the player.

Are you using SmartScript or C++?

Are you using SmartScript or C++?
    SmartScripts

I dont like smartscripts used for Combat NPCs or Gossips, C++ is always better and less fishy.
    Anyways I dont know gossips in SmartScripts, maybe someone else can help u.

I dont like smartscripts used for Combat NPCs or Gossips, C++ is always better and less fishy.
    Anyways I dont know gossips in SmartScripts, maybe someone else can help u.
    Where do you get this shit from

How is C++ better and less fishy? Smartscripts is perfect if you know how to use and is just as efficient.

I got this "shit" from experience, SmartScripts is way more "awkward" to work with in order to get the same results as you would with C++.
    Also in C++ you can further customize your Gossip Options with Icons, Text Size or even Colors.

And in terms of SmartAI Combat, if you make a spell casting entry which has a 25% chance to occur every few seconds it doesn't work, as Update_In_Combat only gets triggered when entering combat and then repeats itself with a timer, which it doesn't if the 25% chance failed to occur. Also if it failed to cast a spell again due to global cooldown(?) or just cooldown (?) it won't cast again I think. Not sure about that one anymore, my memory about SmartAI is up to 7 years old.

From my experience C++ is way more easier to handle and more reliable.
    But I gotta give SmartAI one thing, its good to make "Less important" NPCs, as you dont have to recompile the core everytime and keeping the functions (combat/gossip) of a NPC small has a lower risk of fucking up.

Why do you think all bosses are scripted and only NPCs with 1-2 abilities in Combat are SmartAI
    Last edited by Project2k14; 02-13-2019 at 03:47 PM.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    never seen someone talk so much shit about SAI