Welcome to AC Web.
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Display_id is only showing question mark.

    Hi Guys,
    I am having trouble with display_ID's. They don't seam to be showing for any of the ones I use from in game. I only get a question mark.

    An example is I created a 36 slot bag with the display_id of 33942 and it only shows in game as Question mark. I have refreshed the DB several times and cleared out the cache from the client.

    Client I'm using World of Warcraft Client 3.3.5a - WOTLK.NET Ready to Play
    Server is the AC-web repack

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Senior View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I am having trouble with display_ID's. They don't seam to be showing for any of the ones I use from in game. I only get a question mark.

    An example is I created a 36 slot bag with the display_id of 33942 and it only shows in game as Question mark. I have refreshed the DB several times and cleared out the cache from the client.

    Client I'm using World of Warcraft Client 3.3.5a - WOTLK.NET Ready to Play
    Server is the AC-web repack
    since is a custom item you have to update your Item.dbc and create a custom patch in order to see it ingame

  3. #3
    http://YugoWoW.com/

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    http://yugowow.com
    Posts
    2,351
    You can use Armor Creator from
    https://ac.Jadadev.Com/

  4. #4


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    nloli#6788 - I dont answer PMs
    Posts
    439
    http://www.ac-web.org/forums/showthr...em-dbc-Convert

    How to quickly update your item.dbc
    Afterwards make a patch (.MPQ) and place it in ur data folder

  5. #5
    Thanks guys. You guys are great. I'll try all of these methods and report back once I have tried them out.

    Quote Originally Posted by darksoke View Post
    since is a custom item you have to update your Item.dbc and create a custom patch in order to see it ingame
    Once I read this I realized I forgot to add the new items to Item.dbc so I got straight on that.

    Quote Originally Posted by JadaDev View Post
    You can use Armor Creator from
    https://ac.Jadadev.Com/
    Great program JadaDev. Is there an indepth tutorial on how to use it? Otherwise I'll try to figure it out. Does this only change the item_template in the world database or does it add items to item.dbc as well?

    Quote Originally Posted by Project2k14 View Post
    http://www.ac-web.org/forums/showthr...em-dbc-Convert

    How to quickly update your item.dbc
    Afterwards make a patch (.MPQ) and place it in ur data folder
    I created a patch for the client but I'm not sure the client accepted the patch. After patching the client I ran wow and it was still not displaying the icons.

    I put the patch in the data folder and named it patch-4-a.mpq but didn't work. I also read that the patch should be put in the data/en** folder and named patch-en**-4-a.mpq or in my case patch-enGB-4-a.mpq but still had no effect.

    The only thing I can think of is that the client is not seeing the patches and maybe I should try a different client. This will be the second thing I have tried to do with the client and it didn't work. I'll let you all know how I go.
    Last edited by Senior; 02-11-2019 at 01:11 AM. Reason: update

  6. #6
    http://YugoWoW.com/

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    http://yugowow.com
    Posts
    2,351

    It's this simple than just follow the steps.

  7. #7
    Thanks JadaDev. I'll take a look.

    Just letting everyone know that I tried another client and applied the patch and still there is the red question mark. I even cleared the cache to be sure.

  8. #8


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    nloli#6788 - I dont answer PMs
    Posts
    439
    First off, I recommend Ladik's MPQ Editor (to create/edit patches)
    You make a new patch, name it and all that shit, then you create a new folder within the patch "DBFilesClient" Capitals are important, otherwise it won't recognize, in the DBFilesClient folder you put your .dbc files, close patch, put it into data folder, start WoW.exe, done.
    Make sure the patch is correctly named, it wont be read if it contains any special characters. Im not 100% sure but I think they also have to be called "patch-" and then one number/letter. Never tried it

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Project2k14 View Post
    First off, I recommend Ladik's MPQ Editor (to create/edit patches)
    You make a new patch, name it and all that shit, then you create a new folder within the patch "DBFilesClient" Capitals are important, otherwise it won't recognize, in the DBFilesClient folder you put your .dbc files, close patch, put it into data folder, start WoW.exe, done.
    Make sure the patch is correctly named, it wont be read if it contains any special characters. Im not 100% sure but I think they also have to be called "patch-" and then one number/letter. Never tried it
    Yep I'm using Ladik's MPQ Editor. Naming the folder "DBFilesClient" and putting my updated .dbc files. However I did name the MPQ file "patch-4-a.MPQ".

    I have now changed the patch file name from "patch-4-a.MPQ" to "patch-4.MPQ" and it worked straight away. A very simple fix for a interesting problem. Thank you all and +1 rep to everyone that helped.

    Cheers
    Senior

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Senior View Post
    Yep I'm using Ladik's MPQ Editor. Naming the folder "DBFilesClient" and putting my updated .dbc files. However I did name the MPQ file "patch-4-a.MPQ".

    I have now changed the patch file name from "patch-4-a.MPQ" to "patch-4.MPQ" and it worked straight away. A very simple fix for a interesting problem. Thank you all and +1 rep to everyone that helped.

    Cheers
    Senior
    go to your wow/data folder, create a new folder and name it patch-8.mpq like that you won't have to create a custom patch however you'll need a custom patch for your players but for development purpose you can use folders.

    in the newly created folder create a new one named DBFilesClient and paste your Item.dbc inside
    http://prntscr.com/mk1vt9

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by darksoke View Post
    go to your wow/data folder, create a new folder and name it patch-8.mpq like that you won't have to create a custom patch however you'll need a custom patch for your players but for development purpose you can use folders.

    in the newly created folder create a new one named DBFilesClient and paste your Item.dbc inside
    http://prntscr.com/mk1vt9
    That is a great idea for development. Once I am happy with the update I can create a custom patch. Very good. Thank you for your help darksoke

  12. #12


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    nloli#6788 - I dont answer PMs
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by Senior View Post
    That is a great idea for development. Once I am happy with the update I can create a custom patch. Very good. Thank you for your help darksoke
    Its good because MPQs are weird, if you delete a file, it doesnt lose on File Size, it just continously adds up until one day you might have a 300 MB patch with only 10MB files inside, only when you make a fresh new patch its the lowest size possible again.

    So working in a folder and then making a new release patch is a great way to avoid always making new patches when you insert new big DBC Files (Spell.dbc)

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •