Welcome to AC Web.

Post Host information [Please Give Me Your Opinon

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    So for the past years, I have been working on a TBC realm, that has been off and on for me, and now after a few weeks on working
    on the server, itself and managing memory leaks and buying and refounding new vpses i came to a decision that maybe if

i would get a Dedicated Unmanaged VPS, that would be okay, I am not really sure im more of a Window's guy so what to do

guys think about Linux or windows how many connections can it handle how many queue connections, database backups can it

the handle is not really sure this is my frist time actually going hard mode for me have made a trailer i have a dedicated team i
    have a customized website not {fushioncms} im just doing everything right but i have no idea how many players this VPS can

handle its Windows Based 2012.

Host Information :
    Processor// Intel E3-1240v2/E3-1270v1
    Memory// 32GB DDR3 RAM
    Storage// 2x 1TB HDD
    Bandwidth// 10TB @ 1Gbps
    IPv4// 13 Usable IPs

www.EpicHosts.co.uk

Typical OVH machines with 32GB RAM is what most of the big WoW private servers use, so those specifications you have provided would probably be able to handle a good 100+ players.

Derp of the herp dept.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrum View Post
    Typical OVH machines with 32GB RAM is what most of the big WoW private servers use, so those specifications you have provided would probably be able to handle a good 100+ players.
    If his running nothing but the servers in the machine it's more likely to host 300++

If it's a VPS you're going to get bottlenecked by the "fair-use" bullshit. Also, assuming you'd get an average of 4 mbit/s your 10 TB bandwidth will be gone in ~25 days. Your bandwidth is the weakest link here. CPU perhaps too, that depends on the throttling of your host.

MMO-Society

In general going with a VPS for Server hosting is concidered bad. You'll notice spikes and small interruptions. For a development realm then that's utterly fine but as for a live-realm you always wanna go completely dedicated

The real question is here, for what do you need 32GB RAM.

Lul

Quote Originally Posted by splicho View Post
    The real question is here, for what do you need 32GB RAM.

Lul
    To render memes, obviously.

I've never found a vps solution that could meet my expectations for a gamer server. I highly recommend against a vps for any quality service.

Why even bother wasting money on European or North American host when you can get Russian or Ukrainian one for half the price and the quality is just as good even not better

www.EpicHosts.co.uk

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamar View Post
    If his running nothing but the servers in the machine it's more likely to host 300++
    It's likely they can host 300+, but as I have no idea the stability of their code, it was safe to say 100+.