Welcome to AC Web.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Can You Recommend Hosters

Maybe this is the wrong section, but I'm curious and I don't really trust Google-Search Results, nor do I trust "Host Listing" on Ac-Web, looks all very sceptical to me. And this is more of a discussion about good experiences, I suppose?

So I'm looking for a new hoster since my current one has a legitimate availability of 75%, its a quarter of the day offline to complete random times, sometimes night sometimes day. I can't work with it anymore, I'm looking for something new.

What I'm looking for mainly: Root/VPS with no setup fee which is equally expensive as the monthly rate, like please. And a price range between 0-25€/month for now. Been searching on google for quite some time and they all look meh to me, I don't trust them. I for example know OVH.com is good, but it's too expensive / doesn't offer my current needs.

Cruel-WoW

https://brixly.uk/fast-ssd-vps-servers/

I can recommend these. These guys know their fair share of things and i personally have not encountered any issues with them

Best of luck!

Gonna check them out tomorrow, thanks (night for me right now)

Cruel-WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Project2k14 View Post
    Gonna check them out tomorrow, thanks (night for me right now)
    You are very much welcome sir =)

Hobby Freelancer

This is a re-seller of OVH with cheap servers, running on the same network as OVH.

https://www.kimsufi.com/us/en/servers.xml

32GB RAM for $30/mo USD

These are bare metal machines.

(̅_̅_̅(̅_̅_̅_̅_̅_̅_̅_̅ ̅()

https://www.hetzner.com/?country=ot
    may choose your language first. once ordered, the server is available forever for this Price until you cancel the contract in LINUX SYSTEM! At the Robot Service afterwards your oder, you can choose a Windows for a price-up if you would need it.

Hetzner Online, easy, fast, great support. Super feature-rich customer panel to manage your Product and Contract - booking domains are also very cheap 12€/year for the common ones like .de.com.org.net and come with a even better seperate domain admin panel for mailservers, namehosts, and all that stuff that has to do with traffic and etc.....

You can may find some very Expensive Servers there - but the Serverauction offering some good servers to begin with and for the first 1000 players or so...like 16GB RAM i7 6TB for 25€/pm. Have a seek arround, i rent 2 servers there (linux) since quite a long time (1,5~ years) and never had any problems, 1TB DDoS Protection, 1Gig netspeed - just made a speedtest for you from 1 of the servers i rent there and host servers on.

./speedtest-cli --share
    Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
    Testing from Hetzner Online GmbH (Hidden )...
    Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
    Selecting best server based on ping...
    Hosted by InoHost (Nürnberg) [0.77 km]: 3.844 ms
    Testing download speed............................................. ...................................
    Download: 811.14 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed............................................. .................................................. .
    Upload: 778.35 Mbit/s
    Share results:

Ingame Latency of 25ms at 4 online Realms with a few players spread on them

Very promising and trustable Provider, im very happy with it - i suggest you to order servers there.

Been at serverloft,myLoc,OVH and other good known providers in the past, none was that good as Hetzner Online in flawlessness and quality.
    Last edited by Psykko; 01-09-2019 at 11:40 AM.

Cruel-WoW

Hetzner ain't got DDoS Protection.

Quote Originally Posted by OMGhixD View Post
    Hetzner ain't got DDoS Protection.
    1. Automated recognition of attack patterns

In addition to recognizing an attack based on the amount of traffic or the number of packets, we at Hetzner Online will be able to clearly define the actual attack and then to specifically home in on and react to that particular type of attack. For example, a UDP flood with 500k pps is harmless for a server. A 500k SYN packet, however, could pose a problem. Our DDoS protection tools can detect precisely this type of difference.

2. Filtering traffic for known attack patterns

This method allows us to effectively filter out the most commonly known attacks by putting them through traffic scrubbing filters. The method is especially successful at scrubbing out the following types of attacks: DNS reflection, NTP reflection, and UDP floods on port 80.

3. Challenge-response authentication and dynamic traffic filtering

In this final layer, we filter out attacks in the form of SYN floods, DNS floods, and invalid packets. We are also able to flexibly adapt to other unique attacks and to reliably mitigate them.

The above technologies support a high level of automation, which in turn will continue to be optimized step by step. We can improve the system by analyzing each attack and constantly adjusting our filters and responses.
    DDoS protection will not cause costs or prices to increase and will be available to all customers. Our system will detect DDoS attacks at all times, and its ability to recognize them will continually improve. Once an attack is recognized, the dynamic DDoS protection tools will immediately go into action and will filter out the attack. Your traffic will usually not be affected by the DDoS protection system due to its dynamic method of mitigating attacks.
    src: https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/DDoS-Schutz/en

You aint book the classic-antipanic ddos protection - all servers comes with it, since the infrastructure is given, and attacks are blocked by the provider. Pretty Trustful for no priceup!

Quote Originally Posted by project2k14 View Post
    maybe this is the wrong section, but i'm curious and i don't really trust google-search results, nor do i trust "host listing" on ac-web, looks all very sceptical to me. And this is more of a discussion about good experiences, i suppose?

So i'm looking for a new hoster since my current one has a legitimate availability of 75%, its a quarter of the day offline to complete random times, sometimes night sometimes day. I can't work with it anymore, i'm looking for something new.

What i'm looking for mainly: Root/vps with no setup fee which is equally expensive as the monthly rate, like please. And a price range between 0-25€/month for now. Been searching on google for quite some time and they all look meh to me, i don't trust them. I for example know ovh.com is good, but it's too expensive / doesn't offer my current needs.
    ovh

Hetzner has DDoS Protection. But i would use ovh.com instead.

I just registered on OVH despite their Offers being meh, why the fuck is their Website french

I just registered on OVH despite their Offers being meh, why the fuck is their Website french
    There is an English version of the site lmao.
    https://www.ovh.com/world/

Quote Originally Posted by splicho View Post
    There is an English version of the site lmao.
    https://www.ovh.com/world/
    Registration was english, I set my language to german, got sent into a french user CP, took me 10 mins to find the language button, why do they request the language on registration when they set it to french by default, kek over the top

Registration was english, I set my language to german, got sent into a french user CP, took me 10 mins to find the language button, why do they request the language on registration when they set it to french by default, kek over the top
    https://www.server4you.de/virtual-server

The 21€ Server look promising and comes with a domain, but i have no idea about the provider... OS offering is Debian...

Quote Originally Posted by Psykko View Post
    https://www.server4you.de/virtual-server

The 21€ Server look promising and comes with a domain, but i have no idea about the provider... OS offering is Debian...
    found a hoster now and nah I don't like server4you, had a bad history with them, they also do false advertisement, "0€ Setup Fee!" and I ordered a server for 21€ and got charged a 20€ setup fee.