Welcome to AC Web.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My DB got hacked

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    http://prntscr.com/kwugmc - How it happen? Looks like only 'world' table is deleted, since 'auth' and 'characters' are here. Any tips how can I avoid things like this?

lol i think i know who did this.

on real note don't have mysql public, and try to prevent sql injection thru websites or ingame server

I am using FusionCMS but I thought it's a safe CMS...

haha

Web Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Kepo View Post
    I got hacked too when i was using FusionCMS but the hacker who hacked me destroyed little more than just my DB. He deleted the whole partition on C Drive and he also hacked the database and everything i had. from what i have been reading online Codeigniter have very low security and FusionCMS uses codeigniter. But from when i started to develop my own websites i have never been hacked. I honestly think AzerCMS have better security but sadly a terrible theme in my opinion. But you can buy themes to it or develop your own. its pretty easy to make new themes for AzerCMS.

- - - Updated - - -

My advice is that you force a password reset for all users on your server since the passwords have most likely been hacked. Most hackers these days using Kali Linux and Kali has default programs like hashcat that decrypts passwords.
    Last edited by Tok124; 09-21-2018 at 12:20 AM.

Switching to AzerCMS I do not want the same thing happening to me nobody on every server wants that, if you could share guides on how to mitigate sql injection or other attacks it would be very helpful to the community, for now I always put the Mysql port in private as well Remote connections do not can't enter.

FusionCMS is not hackable, specially through sql injection because of active record etc. the only way someone can hijack your website is they get access to admin panel which means they should find out admin account then admin panel's security password. so even if one of those passwords are strong attacker / hacker wont get to the admin panel.
    also admin panel is not a simple user area and does very sensitive actions. tho they cant do sql injection even in admin panel but if they get access to your files then they can do the other things as well, such as reading / writing to db.

of course, if youre using UNTRUSTED modules, that could be dangerous as well but the default ones are hackable.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    nope guess not
    It's safe. no known vulnerabilities ever has found.

Quote Originally Posted by Tok124 View Post
    I got hacked too when i was using FusionCMS but...
    Codeigniter is one of the most securest frameworks, beside of laravel and other popular frameworks. dont forget, they are just frameworks but the way you code with them you'll define the security. so if you know how to code you'll be secure. fusioncms never got hacked although it could be brute-forced which is not a big deal anymore with the new patch that stops that. if you use a custom module that came out of nowhere then that's your problem not others. Codeigniter supports active record for databases as well which is a popular method to prevent all known sql attacks so if im mistaken, please provide some documentations about this.

if i remember correctly passwords were md5'd on wotlk. and by now emulators are using new hash algorithms for later expansions. basically the MD5 hashing algorithm is a one-way cryptographic function that accepts a message of any length as input and returns as output a fixed-length digest value to be used for authenticating the original message so unless the attacker starts testing all possible passwords converted to md5, they cannot hack / find the real password.

please note, if your server is wotlk there was a known vulnerability that let the attacker to login to your server WITHOUT entering any actual password. so that could be the case too!

Quote Originally Posted by d4rksider View Post

please note, if your server is wotlk there was a known vulnerability that let the attacker to login to your server WITHOUT entering any actual password. so that could be the case too!
    I'm pretty sure that you cannot delete a table using in-game commands

Web Developer

FusionCMS is not hackable, specially through sql injection because of active record etc. the only way someone can hijack your website is they get access to admin panel which means they should find out admin account then admin panel's security password. so even if one of those passwords are strong attacker / hacker wont get to the admin panel.
    also admin panel is not a simple user area and does very sensitive actions. tho they cant do sql injection even in admin panel but if they get access to your files then they can do the other things as well, such as reading / writing to db.

of course, if youre using UNTRUSTED modules, that could be dangerous as well but the default ones are hackable.

Codeigniter is one of the most securest frameworks, beside of laravel and other popular frameworks. dont forget, they are just frameworks but the way you code with them you'll define the security. so if you know how to code you'll be secure. fusioncms never got hacked although it could be brute-forced which is not a big deal anymore with the new patch that stops that. if you use a custom module that came out of nowhere then that's your problem not others. Codeigniter supports active record for databases as well which is a popular method to prevent all known sql attacks so if im mistaken, please provide some documentations about this.

if i remember correctly passwords were md5'd on wotlk. and by now emulators are using new hash algorithms for later expansions. basically the MD5 hashing algorithm is a one-way cryptographic function that accepts a message of any length as input and returns as output a fixed-length digest value to be used for authenticating the original message so unless the attacker starts testing all possible passwords converted to md5, they cannot hack / find the real password.

luckely it's not md5 for TrinityCore Wotlk. Its sha1 and it's encrypted like "USERNAMEASSWORD" md5 would be even more easy to crack. But yeah you may be right about codeigniter this is just the information that i have found online but there is nothing that says that the information that i found is correct but i have only been hacked when using FusionCMS atleast so im not really sure. But well now i have not used FusionCMS for like 6-7 years.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as i know the current best way to handle logins is by using facebook logins but obviously that is not an option for world of warcraft lol and if its not an option then the best way to hash the passwords is by using hashing and salting and php has a default function that uses hashing and salting called PASSWORD_HASH http://php.net/manual/en/function.password-hash.php but im not sure if it would be possible to change the way passwords is encrypted/hashed on TrinityCore. The reason why hashing and salting is so good is because if you encrypt a string with sha1 or md5 or whatever it will always be same encryption for the same string. so if you encrypt same string twice the output will be the same. But with hashing and salting the output will be different every time you hash the string. So that is way harder to crack.

Game account is not matter! Hacker's need SQLi for that
    ------------------------
    What is your OS?
    Are you using Linux?
    Your firewall is enable?
    Do you block port 3306?
    What is your web management system? CPanel,Plesk,Directadmin, or noting or?
    Have PHPMyAdmin on your server?
    ------------------------
    Best choice is Linux (Debian or CentOS) [not matter for this hack ...]
    You most disable all ports in firewall just open ports your need, like 80 & etc ... (MySQL port 3306 must be disable in firewall)
    Hosting Panel is not really matter, bcz they are secure ...
    You must disable, remove PHPMyAdmin & If you required that so, use .htpasswd & secure & secret folder.
    If All is done & you are hacked, It's about your CMS.
    Last edited by masterking32; 09-21-2018 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by masterking32 View Post
    Game account is not matter! Hacker's need SQLi for that
    ------------------------
    What is your OS?
    Are you using Linux?
    Your firewall is enable?
    Do you block port 3306?
    What is your web management system? CPanel,Plesk,Directadmin, or noting or?
    Have PHPMyAdmin on your server?
    ------------------------
    Best choice is Linux (Debian or CentOS) [not matter for this hack ...]
    You most disable all ports in firewall just open ports your need, like 80 & etc ... (MySQL port 3306 must be disable in firewall)
    Hosting Panel is not really matter, bcz they are secure ...
    You must disable, remove PHPMyAdmin & If you required that so, use .htpasswd & secure & secret folder.
    If All is done & you are hacked, It's about your CMS.
    I was using XAMPP and OS Windows Server R2 for both server and web... Yes, I had PHPMyAdmin but I never used it. Right now I am building the whole things for Ubuntu 16 and I bought a separate hosting for the website, but I want to know, that FCMS is not susceptible on hacking attacks.

I was using XAMPP and OS Windows Server R2 for both server and web... Yes, I had PHPMyAdmin but I never used it. Right now I am building the whole things for Ubuntu 16 and I bought a separate hosting for the website, but I want to know, that FCMS is not susceptible on hacking attacks.
    So close port 3306 in firewall.
    Remove everything in c:/xampp/phpmyadmin directory.
    Change default password of root account in your MySQL. (Change all account passwords too.)
    Use daily auto backup for your databases.
    Next time if your database is hacked its about your FCMS.
    Don't use remote connection for your MySQL, Close port in firewall + set bind-address to 127.0.0.1 in my.ini file.
    Check your access.log for Apache.

that FCMS is not susceptible on hacking attacks.
    I don't like FCMS secruity, but @d4rksider say its secure ...
    You must do this changes. Check logs too. create a backup from your logs for check ...
    Last edited by masterking32; 09-21-2018 at 12:45 PM.

Why in the world does FusionCMS even have world database access? I would defintively create a 2nd world database that operates independend from the realm used database and also split the users and adapt the permissions of that cms user profile to make sure there wont be any chance of deleting a whole database.

Krittzan (BlizzCMS admin) also said, that FusionCMS has a alot of injection vulnerabilities so better avoid that thing is the better way to go.
    Last edited by Dreadii; 09-21-2018 at 03:17 PM.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    FusionCMS is exploitable, so please @d4rksider don't spread false info.

- - - Updated - - -

to the topic: backing up is something you should consider doing. I have 5tb external hard drive for databases D: