Welcome to AC Web.

What was the supposed questing order in WotLK?

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Playing on a 3.3.5a private server of my own (offline), and I'd like to take my characters through the game in the "intended" way. I know a big part of WoW is that you can hop questing zones, but I prefer to just quest through the areas on a path, with the exception of quest chains that lead you to other areas (such as the Missing Diplomat quest chain). Not looking for a powerleveling path like all guides seem to be, I'm looking for the "normal" path.

I've never played retail, so that's why I'm asking here: what's the supposed questing order (zones)? For instance, are humans supposed to mix Stranglethorn Vale with Swamp of Sorrows (since it has 35+ quests) or are the Alliance quests there for another race? And which Alliance race is supposed to visit Duskwallow Marsh? But those are just some specific questions, I'd like to know all races' questing order. No need to be specific if the order is extremely, extremely obvious (for instance, I read Outlands and Northrend are the same order for everyone and you go through ALL of their areas, is that correct?).
    Last edited by GamerXYZ; 09-20-2018 at 07:55 PM.

Bump please someone asnwer that

Quote Originally Posted by GamerXYZ View Post
    Playing on a 3.3.5a private server of my own (offline), and I'd like to take my characters through the game in the "intended" way. I know a big part of WoW is that you can hop questing zones, but I prefer to just quest through the areas on a path, with the exception of quest chains that lead you to other areas (such as the Missing Diplomat quest chain). Not looking for a powerleveling path like all guides seem to be, I'm looking for the "normal" path.

I've never played retail, so that's why I'm asking here: what's the supposed questing order (zones)? For instance, are humans supposed to mix Stranglethorn Vale with Swamp of Sorrows (since it has 35+ quests) or are the Alliance quests there for another race? And which Alliance race is supposed to visit Duskwallow Marsh? But those are just some specific questions, I'd like to know all races' questing order. No need to be specific if the order is extremely, extremely obvious (for instance, I read Outlands and Northrend are the same order for everyone and you go through ALL of their areas, is that correct?).
    In a certain way after level 17 you are supposed to visit every single places at your current level. but since Wotlk the leveling experience was boosted and you could skip a lot of necessary zones. if you really want to enjoy the true experience i would recommend you to decrease the amount of xp you win by monsters & quests. other-wise there's no "forced path" as you have sometime 2 different zone with the same level sometime. it really depend on the race you pick.

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    I'd prefer to stay on a path so that all characters (as I'm planning on playing all 10 races, each 1 of the 10 classes, though this does of course mean 1 of them is a Death Knight losing out on the lower-level areas) have a fresh experience and so that playing 10 characters (1 at a time: I go from start to finish before starting a new one) isn't way too time-consuming, which it would be if I took on all level-appropriate zones.

I know all races converge at some point (particularly Dwarves and Gnomes) so the experience won't be 100% fresh each time, but still. And if a race is supposed to take on multiple zones at some point (such as Humans taking on Duskwallow Marsh while still busy with Stranglethorn, if I was correct), then that's fine as well, but taking on all level-appropriate areas would just be too much, so I'd like to make sure I'm taking on the ones I'm really "supposed" to.