Welcome to AC Web.

Start programming with the emulator

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    I, I've wanted to program to MaNGOS (especifically) but I don't know how to manage the thing, like, how to start , where to start
    If there's some site especifically for learning, if you could answer I thanks

You should first learn programming. Start with some easier language like python or something and then after a 3-6 months learn c++ and then start working on wow emulators.

Quote Originally Posted by dule1322 View Post
    You should first learn programming. Start with some easier language like python or something and then after a 3-6 months learn c++ and then start working on wow emulators.
    I learnt programming via Trinity to be honest.

<NovusCore>

Quote Originally Posted by HimikoEmu View Post
    I learnt programming via Trinity to be honest.
    +1

If you want to learn the language don't start learning through a badly written massive project such as Mangos or TC. Start small, get to know the fundamentals. Then move up.

<NovusCore>

Quote Originally Posted by Jameyboor View Post
    If you want to learn the language don't start learning through a badly written massive project such as Mangos or TC. Start small, get to know the fundamentals. Then move up.
    +1

honestly the best advise I could give you, if you have little experience but a wide variety of knowledge from many sources around the web. Grab a book on whatever language you are using. Start at chapter 1, follow the examples they have and read through the book step by step. By the time you finish that book you will have a clear understanding of the language and how to use problem solving skills. From there, learn how to integrate a basic API if you plan on using graphical design or better yet, find a game engine that uses the language you plan on developing.

This to me is the fastest, and cleanest approach to learning programming. You will organize your Object oriented programming (in cases needed) and follow exact usage of enumeration, structs, pointers, derivates, classes, headers, etc.

I know you can do it! #1 advise is don't jump around too much.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfskitz View Post
    honestly the best advise I could give you, if you have little experience but a wide variety of knowledge from many sources around the web. Grab a book on whatever language you are using. Start at chapter 1, follow the examples they have and read through the book step by step. By the time you finish that book you will have a clear understanding of the language and how to use problem solving skills. From there, learn how to integrate a basic API if you plan on using graphical design or better yet, find a game engine that uses the language you plan on developing.

This to me is the fastest, and cleanest approach to learning programming. You will organize your Object oriented programming (in cases needed) and follow exact usage of enumeration, structs, pointers, derivates, classes, headers, etc.

I know you can do it! #1 advise is don't jump around too much.
    Any recommendations for c++?

If you follow the installation instructions for mangos/cmangos you should be able to get to the point where you have the code in visual studio and can build it from there.

You should try to get debugging working, so you can step through the code and see what it's doing when a certain spell is cast for example.

Then you can start by making small tweaks. Like increasing the rate that health regens while sitting. You don't need to be an expert in C++ as long as you can read and understand what the code is doing.

i seeking a C++ developer, please pm me. I can't create a thread.

f you want to receive any of development skills in a website or applications development niche I recommend you to read Mova development company(www.mova.io) blog online where they discuss a lot of really interesting techniques and tactics of programming. I usually read them when they have new articles, almost every week.
    Last edited by KreoRouge; 06-28-2019 at 11:17 AM.

Start programming with the emulator

I am just starting to setup programming lessons with a tutor and was wondering what common programming language would be comparable to Heroscript. Its object oriented and has procedural features. My limited understanding is that C is procedural and Python is object orientated?

cd ..

REGISTER! (FREE)
    Registered members see less ads
    and also gain access to other great features.
    Quote Originally Posted by KamLype View Post
    I am just starting to setup programming lessons with a tutor and was wondering what common programming language would be comparable to Heroscript. Its object oriented and has procedural features. My limited understanding is that C is procedural and Python is object orientated?
    Both Python and C are procedural. Object oriented means that data structures cannot only contain method definitions as well as properties. Python is object oriented, C is not. Both (and most) languages are procedural.